Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 385 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
None of what Swarbrick says here indicates they're staying independent. In fact, being in the B1G would be far better for their olympic sports.

Of course he doesn’t. He will always leave the door open for intrigue/posturing.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Meanwhile ACC is desperately trying to figure out to increase revenues

The fact the ACC went with a consulting company whose name seems like a mishmash of phishing and click bait makes me chuckle a bit. FishBait?????/

Reaction Score
And, what stands out to me is that the CEO of Fishbait spent 18 years at ESPN, most recently as Senior Vice President for Programming and Aquisition and was head of ESPN Sports Marketing which included ESPN's college portfolio.

ESPN/ACC ....FishBait clients include the College Football Playoff, ESPN Events (17 owned and operated bowl games, college basketball events, women’s softball and more), Bowl Season, the National Football Foundation (NFF), National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA), The Brandr Group and others in the college sports space.

Reaction Score
All I got was the ACC is fish bait for the two jaws swimming around. Definitely not a great name, I thought it was an onion headline for a second.

ESPN could be in trouble. They need to open up their wallets to protect the West coast. And Notre Dame is probably their last gasp on the Midwest market.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The fact the ACC went with a consulting company whose name seems like a mishmash of phishing and click bait makes me chuckle a bit. FishBait?????/
Considering where the ACC offices are located there's a good chance they thought it was a bait and tackle shop.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Okay, now that was more clear.
Clear, or coy? “We value our independence, but only so long as we can keep making sufficient money for us to compete.”

Reaction Score
Clear, or coy? “We value our independence, but only so long as we can keep making sufficient money for us to compete.”
Both... I wonder. THE first interview with the ND event sounded like we're down the path to joining. The other seems more consistent with our previous stances.

CL82

Reaction Score
Both... I wonder. THE first interview with the ND event sounded like we're down the path to joining. The other seems more consistent with our previous stances.
But only if NBC, or presumably someone else, ponied up enough to make you competitive.

Reaction Score
I wonder if he’ll have real power there or whether he’ll just be some Schill for the board.
What juice could he possibly have pertaining to Realignment?

Is he going threaten to remove Northwestern from the B1G if they don't let Oregon in?

@CAtlantic is great with keeping this thread current but, I'm not sure this is a Key tweet

CL82

Reaction Score

Is he going threaten to remove Northwestern from the B1G if they don't let Oregon in?

@CAtlantic is great with keeping this thread current but, I'm not sure this is a Key tweet
Joking Just Kidding GIF

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Attachments

• superman-missed-the-joke.gif
    superman-missed-the-joke.gif
    412.2 KB · Views: 67
Reaction Score

I think this actually breathes a little life into the PACX’s long term hopes.

Now this is getting to be more like then NFL, this all about time slots and having that inventory of Pacific Time games is great for that late slot.

The old east coast bias is going to work in their favor.

Reaction Score
If the late night window is so valuable, you would think the B1G would have added Stanford, Cal, Oregon and Washington too and then made a late night package that ESPN/ABC could have secured.

Reaction Score
If the late night window is so valuable, you would think the B1G would have added Stanford, Cal, Oregon and Washington too and then made a late night package that ESPN/ABC could have secured.

That also could still happen. But who knows maybe they only want to be so big.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom