Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 462 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So either they have an invite and the announcement just got delayed or it's the single biggest blunder an athletic director has made in the history of college athletics
images.jpeg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So the question now is, why would the MW grant them an extension?
Basically they said if you make the end of the month the deadline, we are out now, but, if you extend the deadline through the end of July we may have a different decision.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I doubt MWC will provide extension for free.
I'm sure they won't. My comment was that SDSU wanted to be on both sides of the line. From all appearances the MWC wouldn't have any of that.

Reaction Score
Colorado board seems to think its SDSU & Colorado which would satisfiy BIG12 West

Reaction Score

Welliver did say that the idea of UConn moving to the Big 12 conference, a rumor that has resurfaced in recent weeks, was brought up on his visit. “They were talking about the Big 12 and moving to the Big 12; saying how, if it does go through, how such a big deal that would be for all of the players and the school.”

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Colorado board seems to think its SDSU & Colorado which would satisfiy BIG12 West
Interesting, but I'm more interested in whether it satisfies Brett Yormark.

A better scenario for us: Colorado wants out and is all but gone, and the Pac-12 plans to backfill with SDSU. The writing is on the wall, and informal discussions have occurred, but SDSU suspects the official invitation won't come until after their exit fee hike takes effect.

Or at least, this all would feel plausible to me in a world where Rule #1 didn't exist.

Reaction Score
The Pac12 is more likely to have already offered San Diego St or at least given them some strong assurances. The Pac12 is only at 10 teams and they were rumored to be meeting with SMU and San Diego State. The fit after losing UCLA and USC is obvious.

and don't underestimate the PAC12 being strengthened by those ACC merger rumors.

Last edited:

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
The Pac12 is more likely to have already offered the San Diego St. The Pac12 is only at 10 teams and they were rumored to be meeting with SMU and San Diego State. The fit after losing UCLA and USC is obvious.
If the ultimate goal is to get some/all of the 4 corner schools, what better way is there than taking a school that the PAC was taking to keep a foothold in SoCal. Plants a flag in SoCal and keeps the only school left that can get any traction at all in San Diego/LA from the PAC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom