Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 440 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
We see the same old stories---the Athletic Dept. deficit, negative on football stadium off campus with no mention of the on-campus facilities, UConn doesn't invest in football, UConn gave up on football when they went back to the Big East, no understanding that we were cut off at the knees by re-alignment.

UConn needs to get ahead of this narrative---FAST. Maybe the story on Mora was a start. Huskymedic is right. Benedict should have a face-to-face meeting with the Big 12 Presidents.
I wonder if those meetings haven't already happened.

Reaction Score
It's nostalgia that we share closer geography and a closer culture with the teams in the Big East compared to the Big XII? Have you seen what states the Big XII covers?

If us and Colorado joined, they would be the only school with a fan base that we're even remotely similar to.
We are a state flagship land grant and research university. We have nothing in common with tiny schools that believe in invisible sky wizards controlling everything in the universe. Institutionally we are much closer to most of the Big 12 schools than we are Big East schools that already once essentially threw us out of their club. Anyone under the age of 40 doesn't care any more about Providence than they did about Tulsa.

Reaction Score
How reliable? Account only has like 250
Yea, this hurts. It makes me think that Mora piece today was a Hail Mary attempt by the administration.
Lol.

How is it well sourced? He said decision maker in big 12 is skeptical? I mean, yeah. It’s up to league officials to say so. They don’t have the information.

And has Colorado had one winning season, non Covid, in the last 15 years?

I mean, it comes to this, if they want to go forward as a national conference, they need the northeast even in a small way. If they don’t, they don’t.

They allowed ucf into the league. They can’t get all high and mighty on UConn. Ucf could go 0-12. In fact, they have. Seen it .

Reaction Score
Like him or not, Tramel's reporting seems well sourced, and suggests to me that we are likely out of it.
On May 21st, Tramel wrote an article containing Big12 administrator/coach support for UConn. Seems to me like it's all about playing all the angles to boost views/clicks.

Reaction Score
We have nothing in common with tiny schools that believe in invisible sky wizards controlling everything in the universe.

I don't want to get too deep into this, but like I said, have you seen where these other schools are located? Who do you think the typical UConn fan relates to more socially and culturally? A Providence/Villanova/Georgetown fan or a BYU/Baylor/Oklahoma St fan?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't want to get too deep into this, but like I said, have you seen where these other schools are located? Who do you think the typical UConn fan relates to more socially and culturally? A Providence/Villanova/Georgetown fan or a BYU/Baylor/Oklahoma St fan?
After pizza, the BY's second favorite food seems to be BBQ.

Reaction Score
Two top commentators on Big 12 both support B12 adding UConn now: Couz (West Virginia) and Knubmskull (Texas)

Reaction Score
All the other schools in the BE are like Providence/Villanova/Georgetown, not all the other schools in the Big 12 are like BYU/Baylor. I think UConn has more in common with many of the other Big12 schools than what is in the BE. The BE wants UConn because of what they'll bring revenue wise. I mean, you don't see them going after UMass because they are like them. If UConn leaves they'll replace them with what? Rhode Island, UMass, Vermont or one from a fly over state like say St Louis University, Missouri?

Reaction Score
Maybe stop calling places where people live fly over states and stop calling them backwards and you'll realize despite some of our differences most people are good, interesting, and worth getting to know. You'll often find you have many things in common with them. Basically don't be a condescending AH.

Reaction Score

I think the more you hear Gonzaga mentioned in these discussions, the worse it sounds for UConn. When people refuse to decouple them, it's the ultimate tip-off that they're not actually being seriously considered as a full member. Otherwise, they'd be floating at least one other non-football school to keep the numbers even.

Now, could UConn emerge as a compromise option if the football and basketball factions are split on the topic of partial membership? Perhaps. But I think that's less likely if the next two adds are Colorado and Arizona, as has been rumored. Those are two pretty pedestrian football programs, meaning the resistance to taking a flyer on UConn would likely be higher.

Best case scenario for UConn, as was mentioned earlier, would be for the Arizona/ASU thing to get politicized to the point that both become untenable (which seems plausible) and for Utah to opt to stay put (also plausible). As of now, Colorado seems to be the only school with its bags truly packed.

Reaction Score

I have no insider information, and I could be terribly wrong, but this not so cryptic tweet leads me to believe it's further along than they're leading on. I am very cautiously optimistic because I know the #1 rule of realignment. However, just my opinion but if the invite wasn't a "done deal" then AD Dave shouldn't have sent a ballsy tweet like this.

Reaction Score
I have no insider information, and I could be terribly wrong, but this not so cryptic tweet leads me to believe it's further along than they're leading on. I am very cautiously optimistic because I know the #1 rule of realignment. However, just my opinion but if the invite wasn't a "done deal" then AD Dave shouldn't have sent a ballsy tweet like this.
He sent this tweet in December.

Reaction Score
Rule 1 is likely. What amazes me is how UConn is undervalued when its FOOTBALL record in the OBE proves that it can be very competitive with other P5 programs, when it's on a level playing field. Yormark clearly gets it. AD Dave and Coach Mora are sending the message that we can be "P5 competitive" in football, if given the same resources as everyone else.

Reaction Score
Maybe stop calling places where people live fly over states and stop calling them backwards and you'll realize despite some of our differences most people are good, interesting, and worth getting to know. You'll often find you have many things in common with them. Basically don't be a condescending AH.

I agree with this for the most part. But that Hilton Armstrong thing at WVU and how their fanbase expected Hilton to apologize for it left an impression.

UCF? Orlando people are trash. Plus they think they invented space travel and hotel night management.

Reaction Score
Rule 1 is likely. What amazes me is how UConn is undervalued when its FOOTBALL record in the OBE proves that it can be very competitive with other P5 programs, when it's on a level playing field. Yormark clearly gets it. AD Dave and Coach Mora are sending the message that we can be "P5 competitive" in football, if given the same resources as everyone else.

We’re not getting into the Big 12 as a full member because of the football program.

Perception is reality.

Reaction Score
For whatever reason, a different much higher standard seems to apply to UConn. Maybe some of these Tornado Alley schools are turning their nose up at "northeastern football" because they feel superior despite the Big 12 not winning a national championship in football in nearly two decades?

Reaction Score
And people here tell me I’m crazy all the time when I say we need at least HAVE PLANS for an on campus stadium.
It will be the opposite if this is dragged out and UConn is left out again. There will be less support for football investment and there will be calls for UConn to drop to FCS.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Maybe stop calling places where people live fly over states and stop calling them backwards and you'll realize despite some of our differences most people are good, interesting, and worth getting to know.
Truth is a defense

Reaction Score
Have you seen what they consider pizza to be in Iowa? Heathens.
Then, when UConn fans travel to Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas for football games, they can bring some pizza from Sally's or Pepe's in New Haven with them. In exchange, we will get some Tex-Mex from our new friends in the Big 12.

Reaction Score
Then, when UConn fans travel to Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas for football games, they can bring some pizza from Sally's or Pepe's in New Haven with them. In exchange, we will get some Tex-Mex from our new friends in the Big 12.

There is literally a midwest chain called Pizza Ranch. I’m surprised they don’t use ranch dressing in lieu of pizza sauce.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom