Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 426 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Sounds like they are using UConn as a threat to AZ. If you won’t join and leave ASU behind we will move on. Just need to give UConn the thumbs up and your chances are gone.

Reaction Score
If we want UConn to get a big annual payday, why would we want to split the prize with more and more schools, especially if not in one of the big 2 conferences? There will be a limit on how big of a media deal can be reached by the B12 regardless of how big it might grow, and adding more schools simply dilutes any impact and benefit of moving there. I'm dubious as to whether these last four B12 additions even help the B12's standing vis a vis media $.

My hope is still that there's another solution that works both financially and geographically. I have no idea what that is, but I like having rivalries.
Right now there are two power conferences, two on life support and one that’s teetering on being a hunter after being the hunted.

If any school leaves PAC for Big 12, PAC is dead. Big 12 immediately becomes 3rd Power Conference.

ACC couldn’t be a better example of Shrodingers Cat. It’s alive, but it’s dead at the same time. Once the GOR is open, SEC and Big are going to pluck the value schools.

With luck UConn will have spent last decade building its program and maybe it’s value to Big is finally realized.

If the BIG and SEC are at 20, I don’t see how Big 12 stays at 14 or 16. Especially if it can grab P5 schools with strong AD’s that don’t fit sec or Big geography

Reaction Score

Fans of other schools don't get it, or like it, but UConn is an exception because of our brand. And that we were in a BCS conference. Just like we were (are?) an exception in football scheduling and counted as a P5. It is a unique situation because the Big East has been called a P6 basketball conference and we are independent in football.

Reaction Score
Fans of other schools don't get it, or like it, but UConn is an exception because of our brand. And that we were in a BCS conference. Just like we were (are?) an exception in football scheduling and counted as a P5. It is a unique situation because the Big East has been called a P6 basketball conference and we are independent in football.
We have never been a G5 school. We were in a BCS conference, and our athletic budget is on par with many P5 schools. Our academic reputation along with being a state flagship in addition to being in major media markets certainly differentiates us from many schools across the country including many that are currently in the P2, B12, and the little 2.

Reaction Score
We have never been a G5 school. We were in a BCS conference, and our athletic budget is on par with many P5 schools. Our academic reputation along with being a state flagship in addition to being in major media markets certainly differentiates us from many schools across the country including many that are currently in the P2, B12, and the little 2.
Can't continue to let the haters define us. Got to market ourselves better. Obviously, Championship is a great is a launching point.

Reaction Score
Way to dodge the issue with a garbage reply.

Show me a realistic model where UConn makes more in a 20-team B12 than in a 12-team B12 and then we can converse like adults.

Wow you are really po’d about the b12, lol. how about this info from @CL82 in another thread and there are rumors we get a full share. Need to see the final deal to be certain. See you at the Yale home games.

1685653624418.png

Reaction Score

Show me a realistic model where UConn makes more in a 20-team B12 than in a 12-team B12 and then we can converse like adults.
If the Big 12 is 12 teams UConn makes 0 dollars from the Big 12 because they have added no more teams and UConn is on the outside looking in. If the Big 12 is 20 teams and UConn is included, they make whatever the agreed upon rate is which will be more than 0 dollars.

Reaction Score

When the Big 12 merges with the Big 10 and adds UConn to become the Big 23

Reaction Score

They could make more, the same, or less, depending on what they negotiate and structure in a media deal. Whatever it is, it will be more than $7M in the Catholic Sisters of the Hoop Faithful conference.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Wow you are really po’d about the b12, lol. how about this info from @CL82 in another thread and there are rumors we get a full share. Need to see the final deal to be certain. See you at the Yale home games.

View attachment 88645
Was that so hard to do instead the dumb reply posted earlier?

No, I'm not "pissed" at the B12. It's not my ideal, but it's something. My point was about the post prior that basically stated that the more teams added - and they named four ACC teams - the more money to go around - with increased member payouts all around. That makes zero economic sense.

Reaction Score

No, I'm not "pissed" at the B12. It's not my ideal, but it's something. My point was about the post prior that basically stated that the more teams added - and they named four ACC teams - the more money to go around - with increased member payouts all around. That makes zero economic sense.

You are a Po’d angry man, butt hurt over the potential move to the B12. Ciao. Talk about F’in dumb you a z z .

Reaction Score

You don't know whether there will be an offer, or what it might be. Most of us have a sense based upon the current contract that it would be substantially more than what we get now. And also be a substantially more stable, competitive, and promoted product for most if not all sports moving forward. That's plenty good for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedRabbit84

Top Bottom