Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 353 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score

seth meyers lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Reaction Score
125 million or so. We could raise that quickly.

Yeah but that number would be negotiated down. I highly doubt they would have to pay the whole $125M.

The GOR isn’t stopping anything when leaving is more lucrative than staying after a negotiated settlement.

Reaction Score
I believe that Maryland never signed the GOR and only had to pay a $30+ M exit fee. The exit fee is now supposedly in the $70M range plus GOR.

If accurate, and I think it is, who was the last team to break a GOR? It must be a short list.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to lie, I love the idea that ND could potentially end up paying 9 figures for the privilege of joining the conference they spent 75+years trying to avoid.
Lol, it is interesting. But I bet we get help paying it.

Reaction Score
goldendomer, if Notre Dame joins the Big Ten, who would be the best +1 to join with them? Stanford?

I’m guessing Notre Dame will have some sway in who they bring along with them.

Reaction Score
goldendomer, if Notre Dame joins the Big Ten, who would be the best +1 to join with them? Stanford?

I’m guessing Notre Dame will have some sway in who they bring along with them.
I loathe Stanford, but probably. If we could squeeze a FL team in than we would be stoked.

Reaction Score
If accurate, and I think it is, who was the last team to break a GOR? It must be a short list.

No school has broken a grant of right rights to date. Many last summer just assumed Texas and Oklahoma could negotiate out. The Big 12 had/has little to no reason to oblige. Hence the Sooners and Longhorns will be playing a Big 12 schedule in 2022. My guess is that both will again in 2023.

Notre Dame seems to be in a much a different position. The Irish granted their media rights to the ACC only for their Olympic sports. I suspect they could easily absorb that loss.

Reaction Score
If ND doesn't take the life ring the B1G has tossed them, they are insane. I'll bet the B1G is secretly hoping that one of ND's demands is that Stanford come with because the only thing better than landing ND is getting Stanford.

Reaction Score
If ND doesn't take the life ring the B1G has tossed them, they are insane. I'll bet the B1G is secretly hoping that one of ND's demands is that Stanford come with because the only thing better than landing ND is getting Stanford.
Stanford and ND would make sense academically and athletically

Reaction Score
Not interested. Much rather be in an ACC post UNC, Miami, Florida State, and Clemson.

It won't be so bad being part of PAC-12. At minimal, we will be associated with a bunch of quality universities.

My hope is B1G just go for Florida St and ND, which should trigger the end game for the ACC. ACC will be imploding with a bunch of ACC rats on a sinking ship. UCONN will most likely end up with a watered down version of the ACC leftovers.

Reaction Score
UCONN will most likely end up with a watered down version of the ACC leftovers.

Joining a watered down ACC would be a huge improvement for football. Join BC, Cuse, Wake Forest, NC State, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Louisville, and any other ACC schools that don't get upgraded. Add Army and Navy. That would be a fun football league. Pretty much where we were 10 years ago.

Reaction Score
Joining a watered down ACC would be a huge improvement for football. Join BC, Cuse, Wake Forest, NC State, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Louisville, and any other ACC schools that don't get upgraded. Add Army and Navy. That would be a fun football league. Pretty much where we were 10 years ago.
I agree that's most likely the only option left for UCONN. The only thing is if I am the PAC-12, I might as well explore a nationwide conference. If they want to expand, they should just expand across the country to match the B1G. I doubt any PAC-12 schools right now feel secure since every other member will be looking for a life boat. If I am Oregon St, Arizona St, or Washington St, I would push hard to expand to 16 or 20 if possible. It is just a matter of time before schools like Oregon and Washington leave, so PAC-12 might as well expand as big as possible before the next media deal negotiation.

Reaction Score
I agree that's most likely the only option left for UCONN. The only thing is if I am the PAC-12, I might as well explore a nationwide conference. If they want to expand, they should just expand across the country to match the B1G. I doubt any PAC-12 schools right now feel secure since every other member will be looking for a life boat. If I am Oregon St, Arizona St, or Washington St, I would push hard to expand to 16 or 20 if possible. It is just a matter of time before schools like Oregon and Washington leave, so PAC-12 might as well expand as big as possible before the next media deal negotiation.

Maybe the end result is the two monster leagues North and South, and two lesser leagues one notch below them East and West. A true coast to coast conference is a hard sell if the huge paycheck isn't there to pay for the travel.

Reaction Score
Maybe the end result is the two Monster leagues North and South, and two lesser leagues one notch below them East and West. A true coat to coast conference is a hard sell if the huge paycheck isn't there.
Even if the payout isn't there, but the choice facing these many schools will be either expand to have some bodies or be left behind when more valuable schools just get up and leave. You can bet your ass Cal, Stanford, Washington, and Oregon are working hard behind the scenes to get into the B1G. I doubt Arizona ad Colorado are standing pat either. It is every school for itself at this point. While PAC-12 is still together, they should use the opportunity to raid the B12 and maybe the ACC if B1G can get Florida St and ND to leave.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the next move to be made is the ACC also expanding to 16 schools with Kansas and UCONN. The fear would be they instead choose Kansas and West Virginia.

Reaction Score

You list 7 ACC schools. Can the other 7+ND go to the SEC and B1G?

Forgetting about the GOR. That would require ND+3 to the B1G (Duke, UNC, UVA?) and 4 to the SEC (Clemson, FSU, Miami, VA Tech, or GTech)?

I can’t see the B1G taking 4 teams from the ACC, but after yesterday who knows. The SEC already has teams in FL, GA, and SC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom