Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 429 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Basically I'm okay if either BCU or SU gets frozen out. I'd prefer to kill them both, but if the plan for UConn getting seated at the table first means one of those two has come along, so be it. So long as one of them dies.
I begrudgingly agree with that, but I have a very strong preference for those asshats at BCU to be on the outside looking in.

1685628238336.png

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The Big 12 has a pro rata clause that guarantees it gets more money if it adds more P5 schools.
Regardless of who their media partners are, if additional schools don't merit additional money, that "guarantee" won't last.

Reaction Score
If we want UConn to get a big annual payday, why would we want to split the prize with more and more schools, especially if not in one of the big 2 conferences? There will be a limit on how big of a media deal can be reached by the B12 regardless of how big it might grow, and adding more schools simply dilutes any impact and benefit of moving there. I'm dubious as to whether these last four B12 additions even help the B12's standing vis a vis media $.

My hope is still that there's another solution that works both financially and geographically. I have no idea what that is, but I like having rivalries.
If the P2 were to come calling (extremely unlikely) being in the Big XII wouldn’t be a blocker. Being the best in a different top three basketball conference while being credible in football within a P5/P4 league would also be an easier platform to make that leap from.

Of course somehow UConn has to get to that platform first.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If the P2 were to come calling (extremely unlikely) being in the Big XII wouldn’t be a blocker. Being the best in a different top three basketball conference while being credible in football within a P5/P4 league would also be an easier platform to make that leap from.

Of course somehow UConn has to get to that platform first.
That's all fine and good and I don't see a path to a big 2 anyway. I was simply responding to the idea that having the B12 go from 12 to 16 to 20 to however massive it can be actually contributes to UConn's share of the pie once it becomes a B12 member. That would defy every economic theory I can think of.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's all fine and good and I don't see a path to a big 2 anyway. I was simply responding to the idea that having the B12 go from 12 to 16 to 20 to however massive it can be actually contributes to UConn's share of the pie once it becomes a B12 member. That would defy every economic theory I can think of.
I guess, yet it seems consistent with the concept of market share and the economic bargaining power of those who control a significant portion of a given market.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me who this is? Feels very non-Key to me but maybe I just don’t know
He has a twitter account that provides "insider" scoops on college basketball, primarily for coaching moves, and transfer portal stuff.

I'm not saying he is right on this, but he is right often enough that I would not dismiss this as pure nonsense (especially with other media people, e.g., Aaron Torres, saying similar stuff).

Reaction Score
I said something similar a few weeks ago when news of the ACC "Magnificent 7" broke. I said Pitt and SU should be proactive and join the Mag 7 to disolve the ACC and join the Big12 to form an eastern/rust belt block with UConn, SU, Pitt and Cincy. That would also freeze out BCU.

I could equally be okay with Big12 wanting the Boston area for travel instead of Syracuse area for travel and have Pitt and BCU join UConn and Cincy and freeze out 'scuse.
Let’s get invited first. Too much can happen with rule 1 if we take this avenue

Reaction Score
If we want UConn to get a big annual payday, why would we want to split the prize with more and more schools, especially if not in one of the big 2 conferences? There will be a limit on how big of a media deal can be reached by the B12 regardless of how big it might grow, and adding more schools simply dilutes any impact and benefit of moving there. I'm dubious as to whether these last four B12 additions even help the B12's standing vis a vis media $.

My hope is still that there's another solution that works both financially and geographically. I have no idea what that is, but I like having rivalries.

How about the Ivy League and we get paid in endowment money? Not likely, huh? There is the CAA.

Reaction Score
I love being in a position for once where this doesn't feel like life or death for the athletic department.

I literally do not care what happens with the Big XII. If we get in, great. If we don't, or we somehow decided not to join, that's fine too.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This thread needs to get to key tweets only-no commentary. Commentary can go into non-key tweets thread or new thread: commentary for key tweets. It’s beyond annoying to open this thread and see commentary. You open it thinking something big happened and then you get pointless commentary. Key tweet posts should be news only.

Reaction Score
This thread needs to get to key tweets only-no commentary. Commentary can go into non-key tweets thread or new thread: commentary for key tweets. It’s beyond annoying to open this thread and see commentary. You open it thinking something big happened and then you get pointless commentary. Key tweet posts should be news only.
Yeah let's change the rules of an 11 year old thread now!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom