Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 428 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
August West comes to mind insofar as conference talk is concerned.
Auggy a clown? Maybe that explains this sign...

1685620916712.jpeg

CL82

Reaction Score

Not sure if this belongs in non-key, but can’t imagine many people would be flying that route. Just so happens to be where the Big 12 meetings are for those not aware.

Then again, it also lists a flight from Teterboro, NJ, so does that mean that Rutgers is joining the Big 12?

Reaction Score
I think the potential path is down the road when the ACC starts to get plucked by SEC and BIG: UVA, UNC, FSU and Clemson...
With eastern flank of Uconn/WVU/Cincy and UCF, easy for schools like Louisville, Pitt, Syr, and maybe Duke or NC State

Reaction Score
Then again, it also lists a flight from Teterboro, NJ, so does that mean that Rutgers is joining the Big 12?
Could be a tv exec. Also lists a flight from Nantucket.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I might be smoking something but…
Colorado, UConn, Gonzaga, Villanova.

Gonzaga and Nova would be as a non-football pair to assure each other it’s feasible. Two biggest brands in the Big East get to stay together. Gonzaga gets one of it’s WCC rivals back in BYU. Big12 doesn’t have to give full revenue share with Zags/Nova which helps with the overall financial picture. Big12 now has media markets that dip into NYC and Philly and are truly a national conference like the B10 will be. What do you think?
NO! No no no no no no no no!!!!! No non-football and/or football only schools.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
The B12 is planning for the future. They add UCONN and Colorado now. UCONN is the B12 flag in the northeast. It makes it easier for Cuse, Pitt, Virginia, VT, NC, NC State, Duke, Wake, etc etc etc to join with a regional partner once the ACC folds.

CL82

Reaction Score
Could be a tv exec. Also lists a flight from Nantucket.
I'm just saying it's easy to misread the tea leaves based upon flight origin.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The B12 is planning for the future. They add UCONN and Colorado now. UCONN is the B12 flag in the northeast. It makes it easier for Cuse, Pitt, Virginia, VT, NC, NC State, Duke, Wake, etc etc etc to join with a regional partner once the ACC folds.

I said something similar a few weeks ago when news of the ACC "Magnificent 7" broke. I said Pitt and SU should be proactive and join the Mag 7 to disolve the ACC and join the Big12 to form an eastern/rust belt block with UConn, SU, Pitt and Cincy. That would also freeze out BCU.

I could equally be okay with Big12 wanting the Boston area for travel instead of Syracuse area for travel and have Pitt and BCU join UConn and Cincy and freeze out 'scuse.

CL82

Reaction Score
I said something similar a few weeks ago when news of the ACC "Magnificent 7" broke. I said Pitt and SU should be proactive and join the Mag 7 to disolve the ACC and join the Big12 to form an eastern/rust belt block with UConn, SU, Pitt and Cincy. That would also freeze out BCU.

I could equally be okay with Big12 wanting the Boston area for travel instead of Syracuse area for travel and have Pitt and BCU join UConn and Cincy and freeze out 'scuse.
I was with you until that last paragraph.

Ok Fine Whatever GIF by MOODMAN

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Now that we're back in the thick of realignment rumors can this thread just go back to key tweets?

Reaction Score
AD should be much more engaged publicly addressing these rumors and putting them to bed… oh wait, he can’t cause they aren’t. Gents, I’m telling y’all big news is gong drop soon.
To think a few months ago when AD Dave tweeted to the effect of "What would we do with an additional $50M?" Just about everybody was thinking the ACC, but now the $50M makes sense with B12.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I think the potential path is down the road when the ACC starts to get plucked by SEC and BIG: UVA, UNC, FSU and Clemson...
With eastern flank of Uconn/WVU/Cincy and UCF, easy for schools like Louisville, Pitt, Syr, and maybe Duke or NC State
If we want UConn to get a big annual payday, why would we want to split the prize with more and more schools, especially if not in one of the big 2 conferences? There will be a limit on how big of a media deal can be reached by the B12 regardless of how big it might grow, and adding more schools simply dilutes any impact and benefit of moving there. I'm dubious as to whether these last four B12 additions even help the B12's standing vis a vis media $.

My hope is still that there's another solution that works both financially and geographically. I have no idea what that is, but I like having rivalries.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was with you until that last paragraph.

Ok Fine Whatever GIF by MOODMAN

Basically I'm okay if either BCU or SU gets frozen out. I'd prefer to kill them both, but if the plan for UConn getting seated at the table first means one of those two has come along, so be it. So long as one of them dies.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
If we want UConn to get a big annual payday, why would we want to split the prize with more and more schools, especially if not in one of the big 2 conferences? There will be a limit on how big of a media deal can be reached by the B12 regardless of how big it might grow, and adding more schools simply dilutes any impact and benefit of moving there. I'm dubious as to whether these last four B12 additions even help the B12's standing vis a vis media $.

My hope is still that there's another solution that works both financially and geographically. I have no idea what that is, but I like having rivalries.
The Big 12 has a pro rata clause that guarantees it gets more money if it adds more P5 schools.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom