Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 399 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
We are? I think we need more than one 6-7, season to make that claim. I like how we are trending. Finally seems like there is a plan in place.

basketball times 2, baseball, and a bowl game. I expect more from football next year, now that we have Mora

Reaction Score
basketball times 2, baseball, and a bowl game. I expect more from football next year, now that we have Mora
All great points, but realignment has been all about FB to date. Feel like everything else is ancillary. May be it is changing with the Big 12 commissioner's talk of basketball being undervalued. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
If basketball mattered (significantly) to realignment, UConn would've already been into a "P5" conference.

I'd argue that UConn proving they could be a streaming "bell-cow" driving subscriptions to a service might be the next difference maker (and a way to make the ability to monetize "secondary" sports (women's basketball, baseball, ice hockey, etc)) for a new era of streaming and provide a vehicle for those streaming providers to earn extra value outside of the primary (football majority/small piece of men's basketball) sports.. that could provide UConn with a path that can bolster a strong men's basketball program and a football program that needs to return to where it was 12 seasons ago.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
All great points, but realignment has been all about FB to date. Feel like everything else is ancillary. May be it is changing with the Big 12 commissioner's talk of basketball being undervalued. Fingers crossed.
I doubt that it's changing. He was speaking that way because he knows if hoops is even reasonably close in relative value the B-12 would be in great shape. As it isn't, being a quality hoops conference does little more than allow them to fight for scraps with other conferences.

Reaction Score
We will find out what college basketball is worth in about a year…if negotiations go smoothly between the big east and FOX…if not, then about two years when the big east opens up negotiations with other media outlets

Reaction Score
I doubt that it's changing. He was speaking that way because he knows if hoops is even reasonably close in relative value the B-12 would be in great shape. As it isn't, being a quality hoops conference does little more than allow them to fight for scraps with other conferences.
Yeah, probability is on your side here.

Reaction Score
Not entirely true. Football has been a big part of it, but TV markets have driven many of the decisions.

And then there’s Louisville, which the ACC football schools picked out of spite. But we don’t have to revisit that one.

Reaction Score
Not entirely true. Football has been a big part of it, but TV markets have driven many of the decisions.

And then there’s Louisville, which the ACC football schools picked out of spite. But we don’t have to revisit that one.

And don‘t forget the possibility of partial revenue share to start. In B12, Basketball will be great, Baseball too. Then we should be able to right the ship in football given time, not 12-0, but 5-8 wins regularly, with the potential for a UConn breakout in a single year. The extra money help with retention of Mora and his staff. I think we are getting closer, fingers crossed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We will find out what college basketball is worth in about a year…if negotiations go smoothly between the big east and FOX…if not, then about two years when the big east opens up negotiations with other media outlets
Be prepared to be disappointed.

Reaction Score
Be prepared to be disappointed.
Unless there isn’t a market for college basketball..we should get a decent raise..we outperformed our last tv contract…and adding Uconn must have added value..also the Uconn women’s basketball must be adding value… they outperformed the men in the big east the last 2 weeks in tv ratings… I still think the range is going to be 7 to 9 million a year per team… maybe more… it could all fall apart if the big 12 picks some of our teams…

Reaction Score
The fate of the Pac will tell us what will happen to conferences not SEC-Big Ten....On the big stage, maybe the spotlight narrows and the non P2 are in the shadows.

Reaction Score
Unless there isn’t a market for college basketball..we should get a decent raise..we outperformed our last tv contract…and adding Uconn must have added value..also the Uconn women’s basketball must be adding value… they outperformed the men in the big east the last 2 weeks in tv ratings… I still think the range is going to be 7 to 9 million a year per team… maybe more… it could all fall apart if the big 12 picks some of our teams…

Reaction Score

Wonder what kind of facts they have to back that up…not sure anyone knows what’s going on with the pac 12 negotiations…and the big 12…aac ..mwc…and the big 10 got a good media deal

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Not shocked by this at all. Seems to me like the BE would be good streaming content for ESPN+ if they can get it. Question then becomes whether or not the schools have the production capacity on campus to put anything remotely appealing together (spoiler- outside of UConn the answer is NFW)

Reaction Score
Not shocked by this at all. Seems to me like the BE would be good streaming content for ESPN+ if they can get it. Question then becomes whether or not the schools have the production capacity on campus to put anything remotely appealing together (spoiler- outside of UConn the answer is NFW)
They basketball content with the aac next year is going to be awful… maybe there is a place for the big east there…but it would hurt our exposure…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedRabbit84

Top Bottom