Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Having just watched an election where the losing side sounded confident of winning right up to the end, Andy Katz sounds like a Louisville surrogate who is spouting talking points without any factual basis.

He doesn't even say he has a source. Maybe he caught a case of the vibrations from Peggy Noonan.

Reaction Score
Oh, oh. Don't like the sound of that.

On the other hand, Katz has the narrative wrong. WV was always the first choice, and Louisville tried to nudge them out.

That has me feeling better.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Good idea zoo. I will be checking in sporadically today (in theory it's still a working day) but will check this thread first... I assume we're following mostly the same media people but if I see something new I'll add it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the tweets that matter are the pac beat writer and the guy from norty cary writer fro some paper that said uconn was already the pick. forget what the names were but those tweets are out there some where.

Reaction Score
The California guy is named Wilner, writes for the San Jose Mercury News. While he probably has sources, who knows how good they are, especially since it seems that there's been a tide change over the past 24 hours from strong UConn to neck and neck UConn and UL. Who knows if his information came before this tide change.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I had a key tweet today:

Louisville fan: @TheWildEagle38: Arguing between UConn and UofL for the ACC spot is so dumb it shouldn't even be a ? Yes they have good men's and women's bball but what else

My response: @mattmang23: @TheWildEagle38 start w/ 2x the market size, proximity to NYC & Boston and student body that wouldn't be rejected from CT community colleges

Reaction Score
UConn and LV have played football 7 times since Louisville joined the Big East. They have a 4-3 advantage over us.

Rationally, there is no overriding football advantage they have to override all the advantages we have. The "internet buzz" is merely people who can't understand that the fact that we didn't play big time football before 2000 is just not relevant to where the programs are going.

Reaction Score
@BrentAxeMedia: Solid Point---> RT @jbren The ACC question shouldn't be UConn or Louisville. It should be UConn, Louisville, and who else? Go to 16 now.

Reaction Score
UConn and LV have played football 7 times since Louisville joined the Big East. They have a 4-3 advantage over us.

Rationally, there is no overriding football advantage they have to override all the advantages we have. The "internet buzz" is merely people who can't understand that the fact that we didn't play big time football before 2000 is just not relevant to where the programs are going.

Realistically, Louisville's location (proximity to most bowl games) means that their fans will travel in much greater numbers than either a UConn (or a Syracuse). That counts for something, too. I have felt that you guys are the logical choice.

Kind of surprised that Louisville is getting the play it's getting. I kind of think this is already a done deal for UConn, based on their quiet posture in the media right now. Those who have an invite keep quiet; those who don't campaign in the press.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This could be interpreted in a couple different ways if you read between the lines..
@ericcrawford
#UofL president James Ramsey on the ACC: "It would be a great conference for us, if we ever got that opportunity."

UL fans will read that sentence, with the first part loud and the second part quiet. UConn fans will read the first part quiet and the second part loud:)

Reaction Score
This could be interpreted in a couple different ways if you read between the lines..

If you read the series of statements, and don't cherry pick one sentence out of it, there is only one way to read it.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I think the only play L'ville is getting is on Twitter and messgae boards. I think the ACC has pretty much decided on UConn already and UConn has already decided to accept.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think the only play L'ville is getting is on Twitter and messgae boards. I think the ACC has pretty much decided on UConn already and UConn has already decided to accept.

If there was any way that you could back that up with facts, I'd be so much happier. As it is, we (as fans) have to sit back, watch, and hope for a positive outcome.

Reaction Score
The California guy is named Wilner, writes for the San Jose Mercury News. While he probably has sources, who knows how good they are, especially since it seems that there's been a tide change over the past 24 hours from strong UConn to neck and neck UConn and UL. Who knows if his information came before this tide change.

The neck and neck stuff has not come from any credible sources. Sure Andy Katz said Louisville is a threat but Andy Katz also said the ACC should just take UConn and UL together.

Reaction Score
The neck and neck stuff has not come from any credible sources. Sure Andy Katz said Louisville is a threat but Andy Katz also said the ACC should just take UConn and UL together.

Katz is just talking. He is allowed to do so, but he didn't claim he actually knew anything. Wilner was making a statement based on what sources that he believed told him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom