Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 327 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
My reaction was wow... the bubble
may have finally burst.

You may be right. I, as most outsiders, always thought the Big12 deal was way out of proportion to what they delivered.

Reaction Score
it’s a dead network they will have to shutter.

their pe offers are downright hilarious. 5-8.5 billion dollars. turn the b to an m and you are 90% closer.

PAC12 Exploring Taking On Private Equity Partners
Those numbers are dubious for the PAC 12. Those are AAC-level dollars—not “Power 5” numbers. Have to imagine nascent members like Colorado are having buyer’s remorse considering the seismic gap between this deflated PAC 12 deal and the Big 12’s incumbent deal. Curious how this might impact 2022-2023 realignment.

Reaction Score
it’s a dead network they will have to shutter.

their pe offers are downright hilarious. 5-8.5 billion dollars. turn the b to an m and you are 90% closer.

PAC12 Exploring Taking On Private Equity Partners

It’s amazing how Larry Scott keeps his job.

The only good thing about the PAC network being a failure is that I get the NFL Ticket free from Directv every year when I “complain” that I can’t watch PAC games.

Reaction Score
Surely the Dude of WV or Greg Whatsisname via his pal the BTM got the scoop on this?

Sure. You'll see tweets assuring everyone that they knew about this before the announcement.

Reaction Score

95+% of the people commenting on this tweet are absolutely thrilled. A decent chunk of the other 5 percent are Rutgers fans with a few Maryland fans and random people thrown in.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

I don't know the ins and outs of the PAC12 network very well, but on its surface it seems like rejecting a partnership with ESPN is likely an unwise choice considering there seems to be zero interest from any other legit media partners (ie Fox/CBS/NBC or the likes of Amazon). Of course partnering with ESPN would probably greatly diminish the role of the current PAC12 network office....hmmm.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It gets better...

So, basically, the PAC is now rolling the dice when they could have added years of certainty and a friendly relationship with Disney.

Old Big East did the same thing and ESPN tanked the league. P5 about to become the P4?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom