Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 226 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I just hope Kansas can get out of the Big 12, if they take two city schools. Cincinnati, Houston do absolutely nothing for me. Last I heard , when I was in Lawrence last week, was that Houston could not get past five votes.

Reaction Score
Always conflicted about posting MB in this thread/premium thread/or Non-Key - the first few lines on time frame may be legit based on his contacts... he goes off the rails w/ going to 16 IMO.

Mark Blaudschun@blauds 4 mins ago
Big 12 expansion chatter: Not sure if Houston has enough votes. BYU football only vs full membership battle.
Big 12 Expansion: It’s complicated

Reaction Score
His 16 scenario is just his own thoughts, and you're right they're a bit ridiculous. That said, the first part of the article is very key.

Reaction Score
It's still more exciting than Rutgers going anywhere.
According to BuffaloLion a B1G insider RU was literally hours from being the 12th school added into the B1G when their expansion committee reported their results and RU stood out outside UT/ND but a last minute phone call from helmet school Nebby couldn't be passed up so talks with Md had begun leading to the last expansion explaining why Schiano recruits were told they might end up playing in the B1G.....sometimes their are little tips or leaks through recruiting....major moves are hard to hide....SU and Pitt seeing the writing on the wall ran to the ACC. BTW BuffaloLions post in on LTs Okiesboard...CR 12 board..

Reaction Score
According to BuffaloLion a B1G insider RU was literally hours from being the 12th school added into the B1G when their expansion committee reported their results and RU stood out outside UT/ND but a last minute phone call from helmet school Nebby couldn't be passed up so talks with Md had begun leading to the last expansion explaining why Schiano recruits were told they might end up playing in the B1G.....sometimes their are little tips or leaks through recruiting....major moves are hard to hide....SU and Pitt seeing the writing on the wall ran to the ACC. BTW BuffaloLions post in on LTs Okiesboard...CR 12 board..

2cRDI8b.gif

Reaction Score
yeah I know......I'd be frustrated too....its a humbling situation but hopefully soon you'll be out of it. But please... try and maintain your class and dignity.. I see by you're profile you're new here and shoot for popularity ''likes''.....try using traditional means.......be informed and classy...cute don't cut it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
yeah I know.I'd be frustrated too....its a humbling situation but hopefully soon you'll be out of it. But please... try and maintain your class and dignity.. I see by you're profile you're new here and shoot for popularity ''likes''.....try using traditional means..be informed and classy...cute don't cut it.

Wow, are you insufferable.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
That time a Rutgers fan tried to tell a UConn fan to keep it classy on a UConn board with absolutely no class at all.

yeah I know.I'd be frustrated too....its a humbling situation but hopefully soon you'll be out of it. But please... try and maintain your class and dignity.. I see by you're profile you're new here and shoot for popularity ''likes''.....try using traditional means..be informed and classy...cute don't cut it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I just hope Kansas can get out of the Big 12, if they take two city schools. Cincinnati, Houston do absolutely nothing for me. Last I heard , when I was in Lawrence last week, was that Houston could not get past five votes.

Jayhawks are welcome to join UConn in the American. :) Actually, I'd love to see both my schools in the Big Ten. Not counting on it though.

Reaction Score
Going to vent. Battling on Twitter with these halfwit redneck s that do not have a clue about UCONN, while touting these crap as schools because they had a great football year last season or the last two seasons is ridiculous. I know this entire Big 12 process is going to end before this season, but if this goes into late September and we are sitting 4-0 before Houston Game and somehow win, I cannot wait for these @SS backwards bumpkins to say "UCONN is the best of best G5, look at that they won 4-5 games in a row, I guess they should be in." as they are doing with their lowly funded community colleges. They are the most shortsighted people that ever walked this earth. Breath, Breath, Done.

Reaction Score
Going to vent. Battling on Twitter with these halfwit rednecks that do not have a clue about UCONN, while touting these crap as schools because they had a great football year last season or the last two seasons is ridiculous. I know this entire Big 12 process is going to end before this season, but if this goes into late September and we are sitting 4-0 before Houston Game and somehow win, I cannot wait for these @SS backwards bumpkins to say "UCONN is the best of best G5, look at that they won 4-5 games in a row, I guess they should be in." as they are doing with their lowly funded community colleges. They are the most shortsighted people that ever walked this earth. Breath, Breath, Done.
Always remember
FB_IMG_1461771692507.jpg

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
How is Rutgers relevant to any part of this discussion?

In the post (more internet chatter, I know), he goes on to say that UConn had better metrics for the Big10 than Pitt or Syracuse and was a close #2 to Rutgers. I can't find the quote, but Delany said that UConn would surprise people in how high the Big10 graded them out. They poster has posted here before and some see him as an "insider," but I don't know that.

I am still very wary of the Big12 actually expanding. If they do, you should be top two on their list.

Link to the post

Reaction Score
No but some of you can be....if you don't like facts ignore them...

Your definition of a fact seems to be "what the nine of us on the Rutgers board have decided to tell ourselves." And you're being a snob about it. No one cares what you think. You want to lord it over us that your dogshit school got into a great league despite being a complete embarrassment? You look like an idiot.

Reaction Score
I call it the way I see it....

Everybody does.

This is a UConn board, sometimes people will take shots at other schools. Rutgers is a frequent target, you don't need to defend them everytime.

Reaction Score
David Ubben ‏@davidubben · 11m11 minutes ago
If Houston talks its way into Big 12, it'd be one of the biggest coups in CFB history. Gigantic, valuable move for them. Awful for league.

You're enabling a great, proud program to be even greater at the expense of your programs. UH gets better. Everyone in Big 12 gets worse.

Josh Reddoch ‏@JoshReddoch · 16m16 minutes ago
@davidubben I don't understand this logic. How does OU, Texas, TCU get worse with Houston in the league?

Brian Banks ‏@bbanks2121 · 15m15 minutes ago
@JoshReddoch Competition for recruits from the area.

Kevin Joyner‏@iagreewithkevin
@davidubben and almost 0 increase in TV appeal.

Not entirely sure that's true. Definitely seems like Big 12 impact in Houston has been hurt badly with A&M in SEC

David Ubben ‏@davidubben · 9m9 minutes ago
UH has won at least eight games six times since 2006. Ten games twice. Thirteen games twice.

David Ubben‏@davidubben
Thought Big 12 admins were smart enough not to give a bazooka to a program recruiting with a pistol, but more I hear, I'm not sure anymore.

John Barako‏@VillefanJB
@davidubben Who are your choices? Seems like BYU would be good; #2 is harder to choose.

David Ubben ‏@davidubben · 2m2 minutes ago
If it were up to me, BYU and Cincy are clear top two choices. But a lot of people around league like UConn/UH

Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 30m30 minutes ago
Couple small expansion notes I'm hearing: Big 12 expected to seriously talk with six to eight schools in the process.

Andrew Castle ‏@MileHigh_Castle · 30m30 minutes ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN any idea of the timeline for those discussions?

Chuck Carlton‏@ChuckCarltonDMN
@MileHigh_Castle
Best way to describe it: ongoing.

Kellis Robinett‏@KellisRobinett
K-State offensive coordinator Dana Dimel, a former head coach at Houston, thinks Cougars would be bad for Big 12
Former Houston coach Dana Dimel thinks Cougars would be bad for Big 12

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 30m30 minutes ago
The suggestion is that Houston in the Big 12 would make recruiting that area even tougher. Already pretty difficult.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 29m29 minutes ago
As you can probably imagine, a lot of discussions behind the scenes. Industry source very skeptical any announcement before season begins.

Kevin Heath ‏@okieproud76 · 17m17 minutes ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN
There's a report of Big 12 officials in Orlando today to visit UCF. Is that one of the schools?

Chuck Carlton‏@ChuckCarltonDMN
@okieproud76 Based on what I'm hearing, UCF in the mix.

Reaction Score
Brad Crawford ‏@BCrawford247 1h1 hour ago
Source tells me Big 12 reps are on campus at UCF today, looking around for feasibility survey. Bunch of enhancements this week, too.

Brad Crawford ‏@BCrawford247 39m39 minutes ago
I'm told today's visit from Big 12 at UCF was more so 'info gathering.' Knights certainly one of several teams being looked at.

Brad Crawford ‏@BCrawford247 28m28 minutes ago
When UCF does make its official pitch to Big 12 (& it will), substantial geographic footprint (Florida) + exposure (ORL TV market) are big.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom