Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 92 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
In all likelihood the silence is good news or it is simply a lesson learned from when Susan got made the fool by the media after "publicly begging", as the media called it.

Funny, all these other guys never stop talking about it, especially the Cinci president, yet none of them are "begging".

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
In all likelihood the silence is good news or it is simply a lesson learned from when Susan got made the fool by the media after "publicly begging", as the media called it.

Funny, all these other guys never stop talking about it, especially the Cinci president, yet none of them are "begging".

Yup. The irony is not lost by many UConn fans, but it is everywhere else it seems. When UConn talks about wanting to be in a P5, it's begging. When anyone else does it, it opens up some sort of strange, healthy dialogue about that school's value (which, except for BYU, is always below UConn's).

Personally, I like the silence. UConn is doing plenty of "talking", but though its actions...not public pleas through the media or social media.

Reaction Score
Or maybe reporters have been discretely told that CR questions are out of bounds in order to be sure of compliance with a NDA.

I think they've been told that CR questions are out of bounds, but it has nothing to do with a NDA.
The Connecticut press isn't going to ask the tough questions or do investigative reporting because then their access gets limited.

Reaction Score
UConn doesn't have to make verbal published pleas....

Some of the best at the art of begging telegraph their situation by the obviousness of their plight....they fully display their gimp and depend on the basic humanity of the better off...

On second thought, maybe an aggressive campaign is called for.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn doesn't have to make verbal published pleas....

Some of the best at the art of begging telegraph their situation by the obviousness of their plight....they fully display their gimp and depend on the basic humanity of the better off...

On second thought, maybe an aggressive campaign is called for.
Don't you have like an FSU board that you can go lurk?

Kind of jerky BB.

Reaction Score
Renu Khator ‏@UHpres · 5h5 hours ago
It was an honor to be with Baylor President Judge Starr and share the UH story.
CNxX7NVWcAAASw_.jpg

Renu Khator
@UHpres
University of Houston president

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just because we are scheduled to play Illinois and Indiana in a few years but let's pray it means they want us. We need some hope and at least we got some today.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
One thing that has been clear in conference realignment is that perception is reality. So the Big East was perceived as a weak sister football league notwithstanding it's winning record against other D1/FBS schools. That perception fed the notion that it's TV rights were worth less than its peers (or inferiors, yeah I'm looking at you ACC) which in turn fed the circumstances for the league's break up.

This is first time in a long time that UConn has been on the right side of one of these narratives. It may well be entirely coincidental. It may be that Warde has cleverly orchestrated this PR windfall by seeking games with B1G opponents. It may be that the ground is being prepared for a bigger announcement. Regardless, it's good news. Just how good? We'll have to wait and see.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I do wonder what the metrics are... but glad we're at least on the right side of it.

Looking at future schedules of AAC-B1G matchups, Houston, ECU, Memphis, Tulane, Tulsa have no B1G games currently scheduled. (Also, Tulsa's OOC is a pile of steaming poo outside of in-state series with Okie / Okie Lite. Interesting that the more southern / western members of the AAC have a lot more B12 series than anyone else.) SMU will play at Michigan, Temple has series against Penn State, Rutgers and Maryland, UCF plays Maryland and Michigan, USF has Illinois (and Maryland this year). My guess is USF was the one denied exemption, but again, just a guess. It will be interesting to see if we hear anything about Temple and UCF. It may depend on which B1G schools decide to ask for exemptions for their opponents. Some may need it more than others depending on their schedules.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Honestly I could see a point where AAC games as a whole could be considered as a "power" league in scheduling. Definitely not in autonomy and decision making but in scheduling it would make sense. There are only a certain number of P5's and depending on who your conference is ~20% of them are in your own league. The 1 P5 game mandate was really more of a schedule competitiveness item than an exclusivity mandate. Most of the teams in this league outside of Tulane and USF (this year UCF too) have proven to be very worth adversaries on the football field. Hell the worst team in FBS last year has given TCU and Baylor a serious run for their money so far this year. Will just take time.

Reaction Score
A lot of people around the country only concentrate on the football aspect of the equation. When it come to B1G, they think of more than that.... UCONN is making a huge statement behind all this conference realignment talk that the sports media people are blind too.... I like what UCONN is doing behind the closed door and open :)
1. UCONN again top 20 public university in the nation and trending up.
2. Expanding and adding more to the Research table (Look at us B1G)
3. STEM (Yale wants in and B1G can you add us into that pie in the future)
4. Athletic Department as a whole, superior to all and also solve scheduling to other sport.
a. Hockey going up and will help with B1G schedule
b. Baseball (always open season playing B1G teams)
c. Soccer
d. all other sports
e. Basketball enough said

All these other school could say UCONN doesn't belong, but I say we do

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN · 4h4 hours ago
Navy, UConn, Cincinnati will count toward B1G’s Power 5 scheduling requirement, but not entire AAC source told @ESPN http://espn.go.com/college-football...roves-byu-army-notre-dame-nonconference-quota

Brad Weiss ‏@UConnPittDad · 4h4 hours ago
@McMurphyESPN does UConn have a chance for a BIG invite?

@UConnPittDad A chance? Sure. Is it likely? I don’t think so - not at least in the next 10 years

Brad Weiss ‏@UConnPittDad · 4h4 hours ago
@McMurphyESPN too bad. All the other major sports programs at UConn would be near the top of BIG.

XUfan2012 ‏@XUFan2012 · 3h3 hours ago
@McMurphyESPN When do you think Cincy will join the P-5? Sorry if you've been asked a 100 times before.

@NoSocksJonny Great question. I don’t know the answer

Reaction Score
Big 12's Bowlsby...Sept. 21

"
—Conference expansion: He said the Big 12 “no active plans to add members” but has a composition committee comprised of three school presidents “and we constantly monitor the environment. … There are some good reasons to get bigger. There are some really good reasons to stay small.

However, in the larger picture, he cautioned: “I think the jury is still out as to whether these larger alignments really deliver anything other than television viewers and money. I think in the end, we’ve created a television product that is very difficult to compete against -- but if the quality of the TV product results in people staying home because they’re less interested, we will have lost significantly even though the money has flowed in.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...0709313&PID=6146927&SID=ieum3vmcqf001vmn00dth

Reaction Score

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Big12 again: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2579778-is-the-future-of-the-big-12-in-danger

Seems Boren and Bowlsby are on the same page. B12 must expand immediately. Will Texas give in to what the B12 must do?

I can only imagine that a botched expansion might lead to Texas's departure, or, a blocked expansion might lead to Oklahoma's departure.

If the B1G took Nebraska, I have no doubt they would take Oklahoma as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom