Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 887 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
is this key now?

"Should the Big12 add UConn? Whether or not they should or shouldn't they are going to and I'm going to tell you why"

WOW listen to his tune change filled with facts....

FINALLY. Colorado has had 2 winning seasons in football in 15 years ...
Kansas was what UConn is now 10 years ago...
UConn is better than Colorado in sports overall...
The only reason Colorado made more money is because they had the PAC12 media deal.

How did it take this long ... he must have finally done his homework... the question is why NOW defend UConn :)

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
is this key now?

"Should the Big12 add UConn? Whether or not they should or shouldn't they are going to and I'm going to tell you why"

It doesn't matter that UConn baseball sucks? Um....

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's tame here compared to a lot of boards. If anything they should be impressed by how active it is. Most boards are dead

Haven't ventured out to other fan sites since way back in the 16 team BE days. This board, to your point, is insanely active. Something breaks and it's on here immediately.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter that UConn baseball sucks? Um....
UConn is invisible to these people, and our accomplishments are always, always ignored or negatively misdescribed. We could probably win the College World Series and these know-it-alls would totally forget about it the second they shut the TV off.

Reaction Score
Haven't ventured out to other fan sites since way back in the 16 team BE days. This board, to your point, is insanely active. Something breaks and it's on here immediately.
Look at the reach the BoneYard has, it's big. We have our own famous bjc42 who is originally an Ohio State fan who converted to being a UConn Basketball fan. We frequently get Big East fans from other teams. Not to mention, the poster dayrooper and fans of other schools to the Conference Realignment board(s).

@ bjc42 - please like my post, :D

Reaction Score
To be honest, I could totally see it happening again. I don't think it's deliberate. I just think there is a divergence between what Yormark thinks is the smart move and the opinion of some conference presidents.
My problem with all this is that I believe it is severely damaging for this to happen again. You were better off not talking to them at all.

At this point I blame the administrators on up to the President of UConn. I know they are desperate, but when asked, "Will you make a pitch to our Presidents?" the administrators should have required the legwork be done by Yormark beforehand.

They are not competing currently with any other school. It is a Yes or No, but instead we're treated to Emperor Nero with a thumbs up or thumbs down based on how much the crowd is booing or roaring in approval.

Reaction Score
My problem with all this is that I believe it is severely damaging for this to happen again. You were better off not talking to them at all.

At this point I blame the administrators on up to the President of UConn. I know they are desperate, but when asked, "Will you make a pitch to our Presidents?" the administrators should have required the legwork be done by Yormark beforehand.

They are not competing currently with any other school. It is a Yes or No, but instead we're treated to Emperor Nero with a thumbs up or thumbs down based on how much the crowd is booing or roaring in approval.

Not key.

Reaction Score

It was reported that Benedict and Toscano made a presentation to the AD's, not to the Presidents.

It's unfortunate that this was leaked by UConn guys. Especially saying that it's a done deal. Would it have made the national press if it hadn't been leaked by the UConn guys?

Reaction Score
Well the new information is that media consultants are going to make a presentation to the Big 12 AD's and Presidents. I think this is a good thing. As someone else posted a few days ago, it seems like something has changed with ESPN. That they want UConn in their inventory. There is also the growth in popularity of women's basketball. Also the market size, which would be the largest in the Big 12.
WBB may be more desirable than Big 12 football?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom