Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 886 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score

-> UConn athletic director David Benedict recently traveled to Dallas to pitch the Big East school to Big 12 administrators. Conference ADs and presidents were scheduled to hear from the league’s media consultants Monday and further discuss Yormark’s latest vision.

To add a new member, 12 of the 16 Big 12 schools would need to be in favor. According to several people familiar with the situation who spoke with The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the discussions are private, Yormark still has convincing to do among his members that adding UConn is a sound move and the Big 12 needs to act fast.<-

Reaction Score
I’m feeling pretty uneasy about it. There seems to be consensus “?” on the logic of the move from sports journalists and pundits. I think the tricky part is convincing a football first league to take the leap of faith on a move that doesn’t benefit them currently. It just seems the same arguments that prevent uconn from finding a chair when the music stops keep popping up every single time. Having said that, this is the most legit shot we have compared to say last year or a few years ago. I can see it happening, I can see a swift kick in the nuts. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out

Yet Stanford to ACC or USC to B1G is a no brainer. There is a football only mentality in parts of the sports media, much like the basketball only mentality here, They won‘t be happy when we start winning again.

Reaction Score
Yet Stanford to ACC or USC to B1G is a no brainer. There is a football only mentality in parts of the sports media, much like the basketball only mentality here, They won‘t be happy when we start winning again.
Out biggest weakness is having the reputation of being a school that will always be there if conferences want to expand down the road. Problem is we’ve been here for years and still are on the outside looking in. With football the way it is, we are seen as a safety choice for the power conferences. It’s unfair, but hopefully this arrangement at least gets our foot in the door.

Reaction Score

-> UConn athletic director David Benedict recently traveled to Dallas to pitch the Big East school to Big 12 administrators. Conference ADs and presidents were scheduled to hear from the league’s media consultants Monday and further discuss Yormark’s latest vision.

To add a new member, 12 of the 16 Big 12 schools would need to be in favor. According to several people familiar with the situation who spoke with The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the discussions are private, Yormark still has convincing to do among his members that adding UConn is a sound move and the Big 12 needs to act fast.<-

Don’t click on that.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

It's just an opinion obviously but not based on intel.

One quibble in an otherwise decent podcast. UConn did not get kicked out of the BE. The Catholic schools voted amongst themselves to leave the conference with the only dissenting vote being Georgetown. UConn, Cincinnati and South Florida were the remaining BE teams. They sold the name of the BE to the Catholic schools.

Reaction Score

Well the new information is that media consultants are going to make a presentation to the Big 12 AD's and Presidents. I think this is a good thing. As someone else posted a few days ago, it seems like something has changed with ESPN. That they want UConn in their inventory. There is also the growth in popularity of women's basketball. Also the market size, which would be the largest in the Big 12.

Reaction Score
Anytime realignment happens with other schools, many with far less pedigree than UConn, the vote is reported as simply being a formality. Realignment comes up with us and every time it seems as though we have to jump through 15 hoops and institute world peace to get the votes.
I agree. And if we don't get invited this time, I hope we 3peat and shove it up their ass.

Reaction Score
Yikes. So it leaked again from our side and again we probably don't have the votes? Why do we keep leaking this. Its really bad optics to keep getting rejected.
Blame Zanetto if this goes south

Reaction Score
LOL, my thoughts exactly, we are Charlie Brown about to kick the ball, again.

I've grown numb to it. I blame Randy Edsall.
Rehiring Edsall was one of the worst mistakes. I know he was one of the few affordable coaches because UConn was in a budget pinch, but it was a bad move to hire him. I am not Nostradamus, but I still remember the day having to click into the hyperlink "UConn hires next coach" to only find out it was the retread hire of Randy Edsall. I was demoralized as I knew that was going to fail and it certainly did, even more than I thought it would.

Reaction Score
All this speculation is just nuts. I can't wait until it is over, and we are in.

If only our football program is decent, all of these bashing Uconn football would be moot. While many of us know football will be back on top, it is hard to convince a bunch of ignorant folks that continue to bash UConn with false info. We will never be a program like Vandy, and there is no way in hell we will be a basement dweller in any conference for football.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well the new information is that media consultants are going to make a presentation to the Big 12 AD's and Presidents. I think this is a good thing. As someone else posted a few days ago, it seems like something has changed with ESPN. That they want UConn in their inventory. There is also the growth in popularity of women's basketball. Also the market size, which would be the largest in the Big 12.
I think the drive is indeed coming from espn. They are helping us get on power conf super yacht before it gets too far away.

Reaction Score
Rehiring Edsall was one of the worst mistakes. I know he was one of the few affordable coaches because UConn was in a budget pinch, but it was a bad move to hire him. I am not Nostradamus, but I still remember the day having to click into the hyperlink "UConn hires next coach" to only find out it was the retread hire of Randy Edsall. I was demoralized as I knew that was going to fail and it certainly did, even more than I thought it would.
Yep felt the same. It was one of the worst move ever. Hiring coach P was horrible too. We made some huge mistakes hiring these 2.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
LOL, my thoughts exactly, we are Charlie Brown about to kick the ball, again.

I've grown numb to it.
Same. Part of it is that, though I believe it is absolutely a necessary next step for us, I'm not that thrilled about leaving the big east and joining the big 12. And, of course, part of it is also a "yeah, I've been here before. I'll believe it when I see it" attitude.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yep felt the same. It was one of the worst move ever. Hiring coach P was horrible too. We made some huge mistakes hiring these 2.
Don't forget the clinically insane Bob Diaco. The irony is that I can see the logic behind everyone of these hires. They all went catastrophically wrong, though..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom