Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 883 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
That 2031 really bothers me the more I think about it. 2028 would make so much more sense. The weird thing is the articles make it sound like we are pushing that date but maybe we are just responding to what we can do by 2031. Truth is even with NLI we are not going to gain much competitive ground without the carrot of "hey you are going to get to play in the Big12". What we need is some early scheduling help from the Big12. I don't even care about the football money right away. get us in earlier for nothing if we have to so we can sell it to the kids coming in.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
I wonder what ADs would be anti-UConn. Probably. Okie State, Texas Tech, Baylor.

i would think WVU and Cincinnati would love UConn back. Fun games.
I would think Okie Lite, Tech, and Baylor schools with good basketball (not Okie recently but y'know) would be on board, especially with the football being pushed by to 2031, I assume school like BYU, Utah, or like K State wouldn't like it tho.

Reaction Score
I would think Okie Lite, Tech, and Baylor schools with good basketball (not Okie recently but y'know) would be on board, especially with the football being pushed by to 2031, I assume school like BYU, Utah, or like K State wouldn't like it tho.
Let's find Steve Young who played for Greenwich High School and get him to convince our friends at BYU.

Reaction Score
Isn't K State serious about basketball now? They made the tournament in 2023. UConn is a plum opponent if you're looking for strength of schedule credibility.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
Isn't K State serious about basketball now? They made the tournament in 2023. UConn is a plum opponent if you're looking for strength of schedule credibility.
true, mistake on my part

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I wonder what ADs would be anti-UConn. Probably. Okie State, Texas Tech, Baylor.

Nope on all three.

Reaction Score

I actually think those 3 might be okay with us. I bet its TCU, Utah, and BYU as the anti-UConn faction. Maybe Colorado too

Reaction Score
I actually think those 3 might be okay with us. I bet its TCU, Utah, and BYU as the anti-UConn faction. Maybe Colorado too
My thoughts exactly (except for Colorado). We don't help football-centric TCU, Utah and BYU much, not to mention those schools are unlikely to look favorably on UConn culturally. CU might like the idea of UConn as a state flagship with good academics and a more similar cultural bent, but the football struggles might make them squeamish.

Reaction Score
The top academic schools in the big 12 will likely be in favor of UConn because they care about recruiting students from the northeast and being associated with similar schools from an academic profile. So I think the 4 corner schools will vote yes and that’s what is pushing UConn to be invited.

Reaction Score
Aren't there a lot of B12 alumni on east coast where could catch a game more easily?

Reaction Score
The top academic schools in the big 12 will likely be in favor of UConn because they care about recruiting students from the northeast and being associated with similar schools from an academic profile. So I think the 4 corner schools will vote yes and that’s what is pushing UConn to be invited.
They are AAU.

Reaction Score
Cmon this is modern athletics. They don't give a damned about academics and it's not like our 2 and 3 stars are especially smert (intended)

I think the football realities and regional considerations would be the strikes against us. As such I'd expect the bulk of the "no" to come from the western PAC schools. They'll all have their own reasons in the end.

Reaction Score
Cmon this is modern athletics. They don't give a damned about academics and it's not like our 2 and 3 stars are especially smert (intended)

I think the football realities and regional considerations would be the strikes against us. As such I'd expect the bulk of the "no" to come from the western PAC schools. They'll all have their own reasons in the end.
The athletic directors have already approved of UConn and that is why the presidents of the universities are going to be pitched next week. The presidents definitely care about academics and recruiting students with high academic profiles or students who can pay full tuition.

Reaction Score
That 2031 really bothers me the more I think about it. 2028 would make so much more sense.
2031 It’s when their tv deal expires so why does 2028 make more sense? What’s the significance of 2028?

Reaction Score
The athletic directors have already approved of UConn and that is why the presidents of the universities are going to be pitched next week.
How do you know the AD's have already approved of UConn?

An AD will give his input to his President, positive or negative.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
How do you know the AD's have already approved of UConn?

An AD will give his input to his President, positive or negative.
That’s what it sounded like to me. Majority of ADs supported and that’s why Yormark is now presenting to the Presidents.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom