Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 882 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Why isn't it in the SECs interest to just stay where they are? Only thing i can think right now is you take members to deny them to other organizations.

I think there's a reason the SEC isn't going to move. New members, even schools like UNC don't move the average needle for the rest of the conference.

Reaction Score
Why isn't it in the SECs interest to just stay where they are? Only thing i can think right now is you take members to deny them to other organizations.

I think there's a reason the SEC isn't going to move. New members, even schools like UNC don't move the average needle for the rest of the conference.

There is no reason for the SEC to do anything. They are complete.

I giggle at the people who still think Virginia is “the south”. Maybe parts of it are.

The B1G feels very cumbersome to me.

Reaction Score
Why is that a smart move? The longer it takes, the more games being streamed vs linear, the less value Virginia and to a lesser extent UNC have. I’d argue 5 years from now UVA isn’t even in the discussion.
I’m not a big college football fan.. I’m more of a college basketball fan.. and those schools along with Duke and Syracuse are the the biggest basketball brands in the ACC in my opinion

Reaction Score
There is no reason for the SEC to do anything. They are complete.

I giggle at the people who still think Virginia is “the south”. Maybe parts of it are.

The B1G feels very cumbersome to me.
Oh it's south. Monticello is south. Maybe Alexandria gets an exclusion.

Reaction Score

SEC has taken a very deliberate path on expansion. Fit, location, and strong football tradition are all priorities. BIG has gone for national power brands, strong academics, and markets.

Reaction Score
Charlottesville is a northern city. Richmond is the south. SEC is deep south
I go by lattitude. Richmonds seems like it would be more of a northern city to me for some reason. Perhaps because of college basketball. How about Lexington?

Reaction Score
I go by lattitude. Richmonds seems like it would be more of a northern city to me for some reason. Perhaps because of college basketball. How about Lexington?
kentucky? they certainly identify with the south, they basically own the word "y'all"

Reaction Score
kentucky? they certainly identify with the south, they basically own the word "y'all"

It’s funny because Kentucky didn’t secede. It’s definitely more southern than Virginia and most of NC these days.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Florence, right across the Ohio River from Cinci has Florence y’all painted on its water tower.

Reaction Score
Florence, right across the Ohio River from Cinci has Florence y’all painted on its water tower.
That was because Kentucky has a law about size of advertisements and it originally said Florence Mall. They had to change it. Now they have an independent baseball league team called the Florence Y'alls.

Reaction Score

In the past the theory was that the conference is greater than the sum of its parts. I think that is still true with the right combinations so even a lesser program could increase the value of the conference.

The SEC should take UNC, UVA, Arizona, Kansas
The Big 12 should take Clemson, FSU, NC State, Va Tech. Also Georgia Tech and Louisville or UConn to replace Arizona and Kansas
Then the SEC and Big 12 would have cross-state rivals who would play every year. Those regular rivalries during rivalry week would draw even more interest despite the fact they're not in the same conference. Has the potential that both conference champions could be from the same state. That's some bragging rights. B1G is locked out of the south. ACC becomes AAC 2.0 or folds.

UNC - NC State
UVA - Va Tech
USC - Clemson
Florida - Florida State
Arizona - Arizona State
Kansas - Kansas State
Oklahoma - Oklahoma State
Georgia - Georgia Tech
Kentucky - Louisville
Texas, TAMU - Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU

Take it further
Trade Miss State for WVU

You Got It Ok GIF

Reaction Score
In the past the theory was that the conference is greater than the sum of its parts. I think that is still true with the right combinations so even a lesser program could increase the value of the conference.

The Big 12 should take Clemson, FSU, NC State, Va Tech. Also Georgia Tech and Louisville or UConn to replace Arizona and Kansas
Then the SEC and Big 12 would have cross-state rivals who would play every year. Those regular rivalries during rivalry week would draw even more interest despite the fact they're not in the same conference. Has the potential that both conference champions could be from the same state. That's some bragging rights. B1G is locked out of the south. ACC becomes AAC 2.0 or folds.

UNC - NC State
UVA - Va Tech
USC - Clemson
Florida - Florida State
Arizona - Arizona State
Kansas - Kansas State
Georgia - Georgia Tech
Kentucky - Louisville

Take it further
Trade Miss State for WVU

You Got It Ok GIF

Shizzle’s Burner found.

Reaction Score

UNC - NC State
UVA - Va Tech
USC - Clemson
Florida - Florida State
Arizona - Arizona State
Kansas - Kansas State
Georgia - Georgia Tech
Kentucky - Louisville

Take it further
Trade Miss State for WVU

You Got It Ok GIF
That only works so far and so long. The SEC has only cared about the SEC. BIG 10 might want to conquer the nation. The SEC only cares about conquering the south

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom