Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 869 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
It's like taking a hooker to your prom. She might be pretty but WTF are you thinking?
Sounds like a screenplay that became the movie "The Girl Next Door". ^_^

Reaction Score
It's like taking a hooker to your prom. She might be pretty but WTF are you thinking?
FSU and Clemson to the XII would be the natural progression of consolidation. Maryland made a lateral move but had the extreme good fortune of doing it sooner rather than later, and a lot cheaper. Perhaps ACC programs see the XII as the more likely P3 survivor and if that is the case, it is not a lateral move at all, but a giant step up. Depends on the cost.

I was searching and happened to find this article about Maryland from 2012. How much things change in just over a decade.

"Maryland is broke. Everyone knows this by now. The financial straits are dire. The debt is towering."
"The Big Ten, by contrast, is the collegiate equivalent of Scrooge McDuck's money bath. They paid out about $24 million to each of their teams last season, first in the country, comfortably above the ACC's paltry $16 million generated from their new TV deal"

"With the conference securing a merely average TV deal despite giving away third-tier rights, the likes of FSU and Clemson never bought into the idea entirely, as either fanbase will tell you. FSU in particular never stopped looking longingly at the Big 12. If Maryland was willing to make a run at leaving the conference, despite the hefty exit fee, would you put it past one of those two to do the same in the future? And were either to leave - or, Juan forbid, both - the ACC's brand and financial clout would be hugely, cripplingly undercut."

This is great:
"Objection #5: It's a worse basketball conference."
"If that conference (Big 10) doesn't match or exceed the ACC's UNC, Duke, State, Syracuse, and Pitt power base it comes darn close." Pffft

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You're thinking that you're going to get laid on prom night. What am I missing? Why is that a mystery?
How dare you assume that she's a sure "sure thing." ;)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
How dare you assume that she's a sure "sure thing." ;)
Is it possible to get shot down by a hooker after paying her? It seems highly unlikely, and I for one wouldn't want to be that guy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is it possible to get shot down by a hooker after paying her? It seems highly unlikely, and I for one wouldn't want to be that guy.
Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

Reaction Score

This has been in the back of my mind since it started. Why would a conference want to take in two teams that are willing sue the buhjeesus out of their conference because they "feel like" they've been slighted? It's like someone saying "I divorced them for every red cent I could, took the house, took the kids, the dog AND the truck!!! Boy, looking around, is it me or has the dating scene really dried up now a days...?"

Reaction Score
This has been in the back of my mind since it started. Why would a conference want to take in two teams that are willing sue the buhjeesus out of their conference because they "feel like" they've been slighted? It's like someone saying "I divorced them for every red cent I could, took the house, took the kids, the dog AND the truck!!! Boy, looking around, is it me or has the dating scene really dried up now a days...?"
There may be some truth to this from a conference perspective, but ultimately, I believe that the TV Networks are holding all the cards in realignment because they control the purse strings. If the combination of FOX/CBS/NBC went to the B1G and told them that we really want you to add FSU and Clemson, I believe that they would be added for the right price. Nobody at this point is getting added if they are dilutive to the conference payouts for current members. ABC/ESPN may be even more prickly about helping them out because of the litigation in their wholly owned ACC Conference.

Reaction Score
In fairness to the non-key tweeters:

Greg Flugaur had a long rant on his show a couple of weeks ago about FSU being disruptive and non-collegial and how that does not go over well in the Big 10. This was after one of the FSU AD's statements about how FSU was worth so much more money,

Also, both Flugaur and Swaim have said that the Big 10 does not want FSU. Swaim has said that the Big 10 and SEC don't want FSU or Clemson.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

In fairness to the non-key tweeters:

Greg Flugaur had a long rant on his show a couple of weeks ago about FSU being disruptive and non-collegial and how that does not go over well in the Big 10. This was after one of the FSU AD's statements about how FSU was worth so much more money,

Also, both Flugaur and Swaim have said that the Big 10 does not want FSU. Swaim has said that the Big 10 and SEC don't want FSU or Clemson.

Past performance doesn't guarantee future results but it is a helluva psychological barrier to overcome when a person leaves one relationship and is looking to enter a new one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HawleyArmou

Top Bottom