Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 859 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's practical to have a key tweets only thread.

Here's why:

1. What is considered a "key" tweet is a matter of opinion. What one person considers key, another may not. And vice versa.
2. If such a thread existed and was strictly enforced resulting in warnings and bans, that takes the fun out of posting on this website. No one likes to be told not to post something they wanted to post. As long as the posts are in nature to college sports conference realignment, it should be fair game.
3. If something is truly key/monumental, it is only natural that posters want to immediately respond to what they just read. If a future key tweet was "UCONN TO THE B1G IMMINENT" how many would honestly not immediately respond to that post? Would you realistically be like, "yeah that is a key tweet! I will now exit out of this thread and go into another thread to share my joy!" Not likely.
4. As has already been mentioned, it is not hard to just scroll past user comments and only read actual tweets. I've done this before when I wasn't interested in the particulars of the back-and-forth conversation at the time. It is no big deal to me to simply scroll past what I don't want to read, and it shouldn't be a big deal to others.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think one of the low-key reliable pastimes around here is grading the CRA between key and non key status. Just something to amusing ourselves while we wait and wait and wait.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's practical to have a key tweets only thread.

Here's why:

1. What is considered a "key" tweet is a matter of opinion. What one person considers key, another may not. And vice versa.
2. If such a thread existed and was strictly enforced resulting in warnings and bans, that takes the fun out of posting on this website. No one likes to be told not to post something they wanted to post. As long as the posts are in nature to college sports conference realignment, it should be fair game.
3. If something is truly key/monumental, it is only natural that posters want to immediately respond to what they just read. If a future key tweet was "UCONN TO THE B1G IMMINENT" how many would honestly not immediately respond to that post? Would you realistically be like, "yeah that is a key tweet! I will now exit out of this thread and go into another thread to share my joy!" Not likely.
4. As has already been mentioned, it is not hard to just scroll past user comments and only read actual tweets. I've done this before when I wasn't interested in the particulars of the back-and-forth conversation at the time. It is no big deal to me to simply scroll past what I don't want to read, and it shouldn't be a big deal to others.

I don’t care what you think. This thread is 13 years old. How is it impractical?

Post this somewhere else.

Reaction Score
If they gp with the name Allstate Conference will they then be vulnerable to potential false advertisement lawsuits as they won't have representatives in all states?
Three words. Atlantic Coast Conference.

Reaction Score

This would be death. You can get away with changing the name of your building or even putting ads on the jerseys for a period of time. Not this. It would be reinforcing league's reputation as smalltime every time it was referenced.

I'm guessing it's just shock value laying the groundwork for a compromise that leads to it being called the "Allstate Big 12" or something similarly tragic.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Three words. Atlantic Coast Conference.
They haven't been a twelve member conference for more than a decade yet they kept the name...

Overhead.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For the record, what actually constitutes a "key tweet". I saw it was university Presidents, athletic directors and credible media or something like that.

Reaction Score
Something that wasn’t MHVER, The Dude, Tuxedo Yoda, anything credible..
For the record, what actually constitutes a "key tweet". I saw it was university Presidents, athletic directors and credible media or something like that.

Reaction Score
If you think about the collective brain power that's been wasted on The Boneyard you have to wonder what could've been achieved to it been put to good use. Cure cancer? World peace? We will never know.

Given the quality of most posts, I'm pretty sure there's not too many rocket scientists around.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Given the quality of most posts, I'm pretty sure there's not too many rocket scientists around.
Fill up a gas tank? Make a decent cocktail?

Reaction Score

-> They really threw their weight around in this whole CFP process and we just didn’t have enough leverage to fight it.” Aresco on the Group of 5’s future: “What the G5 have to be careful about is to be forced into a separate division. That would be the worst thing. We had to be sure to always stay with the top guys because that’s how we viewed ourselves. … It’s why I’ve opposed this G5 playoff. … If you do anything that separates you from the [Power 4], it gives them more of a reason to say you’re not really in our division anymore. If you ever lost access to the College Football Playoff, you’ve got big problems. That’s your lifeblood. You can’t lose access to that. You play those teams. What you don’t want is to be like FCS and be in a separate division. You still play those teams but they don’t view you the same way.” <-

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
No idea how many UConn games will be on peacock if any but currently peacock is offering a year subscription for 19.99. Ends late June I believe.
Thank you sir, had been looking for a promo code b/c I want to watch Olympic swimming. + Big East if it happens in the next year :cool:

Reaction Score
This would be death. You can get away with changing the name of your building or even putting ads on the jerseys for a period of time. Not this. It would be reinforcing league's reputation as smalltime every time it was referenced.

I'm guessing it's just shock value laying the groundwork for a compromise that leads to it being called the "Allstate Big 12" or something similarly tragic.
When the NY Yankees have ‘Vista Print’ on their uniforms, baseball is dead.
Disagree on the league. Throwing ‘Allstate’ in the name for $30-50M is just another revenue stream.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom