Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 817 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
So there's a timeline where something that didn't happen, happened. How interesting.
Yes, a timeline, as in an alternate reality where an event replaces another in case you've never heard of this common expression used to describe hypothetical scenarios.

In this case, Utah doesn't join and there are 17 members. With the prior agreed-upon UA-ASU-UConn plan, UConn is added as the final member and this round of expansion is over.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
really? The Big 12 didn't think so

Such an obviously large brand. I don't think you understood this clearly enough. What you think about basketball does not matter. You are not invited to their party. You will be left out. The party is the P2 and they will exclude everybody that isn't them.
Reason we are not in the B12 is because the 4 corner schools fell into their lap, which happened to include the brand of Deion Sanders and another top 10 basketball brand.

You really think the P2 are going to exclude Kansas, Arizona and Duke from sport? If so, the one that doesn't understand this clearly is you

Reaction Score
We were never ever ever a lock.

We were plan B. And plan A was just about a virtual certainty.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think otherwise.

Reaction Score
really? The Big 12 didn't think so

Such an obviously large brand. I don't think you understood this clearly enough. What you think about basketball does not matter. You are not invited to their party. You will be left out. The party is the P2 and they will exclude everybody that isn't them.

Attachments

• IMG_4689.jpeg
    IMG_4689.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 60
Reaction Score
"We were a lock until they had better options. But next time when they have better options it'll be different!"

The Big XII presidents were obsessed with adding more "power five schools"

That is all they cared about.

When they add, they won’t add any G5. And if they do, it would be like Tulane/Memphis/USF.

Reaction Score
UConn isn't getting into the P2 but they are the highest-earning G5, the only one above 100M annually and about on par with Colorado, KState and NC State. We were right around BYU level as the massive G5s and they made the P5 jump. As the sole member of this group left we will likely be the last G5 making the jump for a long time

We almost got into the B12 alone with our championship run last year (and yes, we were confirmed as an approved addition before the four corner schools all became available at once). This year our viewership has skyrocketed even more and this is disregarding the fact we are on the cusp of another legendary March Madness run and all the attention that comes with. It's the perfect time considering the ACC and B12 are destabilizing and looking for members right now

UConn could be receiving a B12 or ACC invite as early as this summer, don't let Zoo or the other people here tell you otherwise
I like your line of thinking. That would be nice.

Reaction Score
When they add, they won’t add any G5. And if they do, it would be like Tulane/Memphis/USF.
I think we are above those three in the pecking order but it won't matter

Reaction Score
We were never ever ever a lock.

We were plan B. And plan A was just about a virtual certainty.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think otherwise.
Nothing is a lock until the papers are signed. I don't agree that Plan A was just about a virtual certainty. We waited all year for the PAC to get their medial deal, then things fell apart quickly. UConn was under serious consideration for a long time until the PAC fell apart. The Baylor AD even came out and said that certain G5 schools could get pro-rata share. When the PAC collapsed, those schools dropped into their lap. Of course the Big 12 was going to go with P5 schools in their geographic area.

Reaction Score
Wait. UConn is in trouble on football? Holy $@!$#. How did you figure that out, because all the signs are that things are great. You must be the smartest guy on the Internet for coming up with UConn football is not in a great place. Have you had your IQ tested?
Why be personally ugly. A forum is like a bar with a group of guys chatting. Yeah, he said nothing new. But he also stated a truth. The language of conference realignment has been football.

Reaction Score
Why be personally ugly. A forum is like a bar with a group of guys chatting. Yeah, he said nothing new. But he also stated a truth. The language of conference realignment has been football.
There has been a lot of personal ugliness and bitterness on this forum lately. Let it go. This board was started 13 years ago. I've been on it the whole time. We're all frustrated, but there is no need for the nastiness.

Reaction Score
I missed the first two years. And I understand frustration. But I agree that there is no need to be personal.

Reaction Score
Reason we are not in the B12 is because the 4 corner schools fell into their lap, which happened to include the brand of Deion Sanders and another top 10 basketball brand.

You really think the P2 are going to exclude Kansas, Arizona and Duke from sport? If so, the one that doesn't understand this clearly is you
So those programs had more value than UConn. Well, at least we're getting somewhere. Massive brand value, less than Utah.

Reaction Score
Nothing is a lock until the papers are signed. I don't agree that Plan A was just about a virtual certainty. We waited all year for the PAC to get their medial deal, then things fell apart quickly. UConn was under serious consideration for a long time until the PAC fell apart. The Baylor AD even came out and said that certain G5 schools could get pro-rata share. When the PAC collapsed, those schools dropped into their lap. Of course the Big 12 was going to go with P5 schools in their geographic area.

UConn was used. The plan all along was to get the 4 corners and Utah.

Yormark just used UConn to let people think they had alternative. The Big 12 presidents and ADs were never on board with taking UConn. There might have been a few but it wasn’t enough to make a difference.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"We were a lock until they had better options. But next time when they have better options it'll be different!"

The Big XII presidents were obsessed with adding more "power five schools"

That is all they cared about.
I don't know if that's exactly true. I think they preferred P5 options, but if none were available we were in with Colorado.

Reaction Score
UConn was used. The plan all along was to get the 4 corners and Utah.

Yormark just used UConn to let people think they had alternative. The Big 12 presidents and ADs were never on board with taking UConn. There might have been a few but it wasn’t enough to make a difference.
If the ADs of other schools were informed about the plan then it was real, this is not true

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We were 100% a lock if not for all the four corner schools joining as Jamie Pollard revealed. There is a timeline where UConn is in the B12 and the presidents approved it, maybe after a bit of initial deliberation.
Is this the Pollard interview you are referencing or is there another?

Reaction Score
If the ADs of other schools were informed about the plan then it was real, this is not true

He doesn’t have a plan. The schools have a plan and they vote on it. He never had the votes for UConn.

You’re so clueless. He doesn’t run the conference like an authoritarian dictator. He’s the errand boy for the member institutions.

Reaction Score

You’re out to lunch. Even the article above indicates that UConn was the backup plan of Arizona fell through.

We weren’t even plan B. More like alternate plan C.

Stop talking.

Reaction Score
He doesn’t have a plan. The schools have a plan and they vote on it. He never had the votes for UConn.

You’re so clueless. He doesn’t run the conference like an authoritarian dictator. He’s the errand boy for the member institutions.
so what is this? Sounds like a plan to me, the same interview I mentioned to you that you continue to ignore
Is this the Pollard interview you are referencing or is there another?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom