Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 579 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Good lineup of basketball schools at the moment but man that's a fugly lineup of schools.
enjoy decades of church league ball on fs2 and november home games against umass on cbssn.

all the best to you and your family john.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm saying they're forcing the ACC to give them as little money as possible. If you tell me that nothing will keep you from leaving, I'm not cutting you a break
This. I would call the bluff and say that FSU should either submit its withdrawal from the conference or should stop it's public whining. There are a lot of schools that would like to be in their situation.

Reaction Score
Good lineup of basketball schools at the moment but man that's a fugly lineup of schools.
I like Kansas. I would welcome them into any conference. But as for the rest...

Reaction Score
Pretty remarkable all of this is being discussed and the largest tv market is basically being ignored.
Thus the Lucy/Charlie Brown analogy. I once had an HR person who told me they were looking for someone with education. What was your education. MBA. Stutter stutter er we need some with experience. Well her son was at a lower level than me with a high school diploma. He was hired and shot up the ranks

Reaction Score
Thus the Lucy/Charlie Brown analogy. I once had an HR person who told me they were looking for someone with education. What was your education. MBA. Stutter stutter er we need some with experience. Well her son was at a lower level than me with a high school diploma. He was hired and shot up the ranks
Lol

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pretty remarkable all of this is being discussed and the largest tv market is basically being ignored.
There aren’t any FBS football teams in it other than Rutgers. They weren‘t ignored.

Reaction Score
When Utah was not in a BCS conference, Orin Hatch threatened to rally Congress with Antitrust

They soon became p5
I've brought this up many times...but Orin Hatch...he gone! He had some real clout.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
enjoy decades of church league ball on fs2 and november home games against umass on cbssn.

Is it troubling to you that the big 12 is adding so many more schools after you, all of whom will make more money than Cinci? Talk about being the redheaded stepchild...

Reaction Score

5>2 (60+ yr old ones at that). Baaaahahaha!!!

Wasn’t the NIT the big championship then? Baaaaahaha!

Go away fool

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Something that just crossed my mind. If B12 does go with ASU and Utah to get to 16, is there any way we miss on the round of 20 when the ACC falls apart? Wouldn’t they add us for that northeastern wing with Cuse and maybe BC? Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s Yormarks actual idea with us.

Reaction Score
Something that just crossed my mind. If B12 does go with ASU and Utah to get to 16, is there any way we miss on the round of 20 when the ACC falls apart? Wouldn’t they add us for that northeastern wing with Cuse and maybe BC? Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s Yormarks actual idea with us.
Do you really want to wait 13 years to find out? For whatever reason, I have said in the past that B1G will screw us over with their injection into the process. Of course, they made their intentions known today. Unless Apple can really put something together to get the PAC-9 tied down with a GOR, it will be wild wild West again with this realignment thing.

Reaction Score
I think Yormark is probably selling us as an in to NY that is critical at this time. If we succeed and help grow the Big 12 brand, it will be worth much more for the next contract than they would be with no presence in the northeast.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bingo.

Shut up or do something.
IMO, the more FSU runs their mouth, the better it is for us. We are viewed as a safety school that can be picked up whenever. If an ACC spot is potentially up for grabs then that isn't true anymore.

Reaction Score
Listen. Ya have to have pride. If big 12 has us on deck, but passes. Dont come back.

And his idea of a national conference that is dominant in hoops is over. It’s a terrific hoops conference. But, it ain’t national.

It figures that that is where we are at.

Reaction Score
IMO, the more FSU runs their mouth, the better it is for us. We are viewed as a safety school that can be picked up whenever. If an ACC spot is potentially up for grabs then that isn't true anymore.
The rest of the ACC would be insane not adding us right now due to all this instability. I doubt FSU is the only school with these thoughts. There will be other ACC schools once FSU tested the GOR. For the rest of the ACC schools, there is safety in numbers. If ACC is smart, they will try to think out of the box for once. I am pretty sure they are a bunch of old-school dinosaurs that only react to things.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Do you really want to wait 13 years to find out? For whatever reason, I have said in the past that B1G will screw us over with their injection into the process. Of course, they made their intentions known today. Unless Apple can really put something together to get the PAC-9 tied down with a GOR, it will be wild wild West again with this realignment thing.
I don’t think it’ll take 13 years. FSU is clearly up to something, it seems like they’ll be on the move real soon. If that happens, it makes sense from a strategic standpoint to lock down your west coast wing with the next 3 additions, and your east coast wing when other schools become available that match up perfectly with UConn. UConn/Cuse/BC/Louisville would make for a very solid eastern B12 wing with what they already have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom