Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 547 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I take the position that the media is already onboard and it’s now up to Arizona. Arizona was given Wednesday as their deadline.
I believe if the B12 can pressure Arizona to leave, they can get Arizona State to follow. Hopefully, we will be #16 assuming B12 got both Fox and ESPN to approve #15 and #16. Let's hope this is how it will all play out this week.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I imagine those old Pace commercials that ended with “New York City!?! Get a rope.”
Good one! Imagine all those on this board getting overcome by the vapors if the reverse was suggested!

Reaction Score
Our friend Berry Tramel is his article yesterday said that the mention of 14 schools was likely a bluffing tactic.

"Reports that the Big 12 is capping expansion at 14 likely is a Yormark negotiating tactic. Make the Pac-12 candidates believe there’s only one seat left on the lifeboat, when three actually are available".

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I believe if the B12 can pressure Arizona to leave, they can get Arizona State to follow. Hopefully, we will be #16 assuming B12 got both Fox and ESPN to approve #15 and #16. Let's hope this is how it will all play out this week.
If Arizona leaves it would be malfeasance if ASU did not follow. I take it as a given.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I think some of these Presidents are just very anti-northeast. Probably OkSt based on Tramel carrying water for someone.
Why OkSt. Could be Oklahoma he’s representing.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Really glad he retired that.
He’s had a diminished role lately. Probably because Hurley has a preference to keep things tight lipped. But he appears to have good connections. 99 has contacts with media personnel that are close to the program but Matrim appears to have sources in the AD.

Reaction Score
It may or may not be true. We’re hitting peak CR and these clowns are looking to get eyeballs.

Unless someone has access to non-public communications, these folks are all spitballing and hoping to come up with the ‘I called it first’ comments.

I do think Arizona is 14 if they want it. I think they want a Pac 12 deal they can live with first before pulling the trigger.

If Arizona doesn’t go, UConn is in. If Arizona does go, I think it’s possible UConn comes in with the 15/16 school, most likely ASU. ASU has said they prefer Pac 12 deal, so that could be sticking point, who to pair with UConn for 16. And that may be why they stop at 14 for now.

Washington:Oregon aren’t going to Big 12 if they have Big 10 aspirations. I really think that’s a little play to get some movement from Big 10.

I think Utah is out for Big 12. They too would prefer a Pac 12 deal. Maybe if ASU is out, but I don’t think this is a primary target.

If Big 12 goes to 16 and Washington/ Oregon aren’t part of that deal, and BY gets his way, UConn is in.

Reaction Score
If Arizona leaves it would be malfeasance if ASU did not follow. I take it as a given.
ASU fans don't think the Big XII is even on their presidents radar and that they're totally asleep at the wheel. They're freaking out more than anyone here is.

Reaction Score
It may or may not be true. We’re hitting peak CR and these clowns are looking to get eyeballs.

Unless someone has access to non-public communications, these folks are all spitballing and hoping to come up with the ‘I called it first’ comments.

I do think Arizona is 14 if they want it. I think they want a Pac 12 deal they can live with first before pulling the trigger.

If Arizona doesn’t go, UConn is in. If Arizona does go, I think it’s possible UConn comes in with the 15/16 school, most likely ASU. ASU has said they prefer Pac 12 deal, so that could be sticking point, who to pair with UConn for 16. And that may be why they stop at 14 for now.

Washington:Oregon aren’t going to Big 12 if they have Big 10 aspirations. I really think that’s a little play to get some movement from Big 10.

I think Utah is out for Big 12. They too would prefer a Pac 12 deal. Maybe if ASU is out, but I don’t think this is a primary target.

If Big 12 goes to 16 and Washington/ Oregon aren’t part of that deal, and BY gets his way, UConn is in.
I definitely agree there is no chance Oregon and Washington want to get locked into B12 GOR for the next 8 years. PAC had plenty of chances to add B12 schools in the past, but they all declined. The worst mistake was not expanding after both Texas and Oklahoma left the B12. The current PAC leaders are like the old Big East folks. They are not proactive, but only reacting.

I am pretty sure both of these schools are working the back channels to get a B1G invite right now. If they can't get a B1G invite, they will work to get the PAC stabilized with a media deal. Ultimately, they have way better opportunity to go to the playoff in the PAC vs. the B12.

Let's hope either Arizona stays or both Arizona schools left the PAC. In both cases, we are in.

Reaction Score
ASU fans don't think the Big XII is even on their presidents radar and that they're totally asleep at the wheel. They're freaking out more than anyone here is
People underestimate the PAC academic arrogance. They didn't want to be associated with B12 schools in the past. They even turned down Oklahoma if Texas didn't come along.

Of course, desperate people do desperate things. Many in the PAC are getting desperate right now after Colorado left.

Reaction Score
last I checked you don't police what's said here.
Never said I was. Go enjoy a cup of coffee and read Berry’s next article. Better yet, go back and read what he wrote the last time around. It’s the exact same thing.

Reaction Score
I’m beginning to wonder

ACC is under achieving. They could be proactive but instead are waiting for shoes to drop.
Funny, history does repeat.
Always comes back to Notre Dame.

Ironically, the current ACC is likely in the same position as the old Big East. If we get into the B12 at 15/16 where the hell are BC and Cuse going. This is why getting in is imperative.

Reaction Score
He’s had a diminished role lately. Probably because Hurley has a preference to keep things tight lipped. But he appears to have good connections. 99 has contacts with media personnel that are close to the program but Matrim appears to have sources in the AD.
99 gets real info but I was noticing a pattern going back with Matrim and someone pm'd me he piggybacked info he gave him and then put the winky face on the board. He said he's full of it. Also, if there was any real substance to him as an insider we would be cheering on Taylor Bol-Bowen, Gavin Griffiths, Reid Ducharme, JJ Starling next season. We would've been cheering on Landers Nolley, Dylan Cardwell...

ctchamps

Reaction Score
why would oklahoma care about what happens to the Big XII?
Because maybe they would prefer that the conference they’re leaving stays weak reducing or eliminating any competition in the region. They are not a stand alone like Texas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom