Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 545 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, your worst fear is coming to fruition. When Aaron Torres says we're out, it ain't good. If I was a betting person, I think a few Presidents/ADs in the league continue to say no to UConn. I'd start with Ok State. It is bizarre that a writer from Oklahoma seems obsessed with writing about UConn in his column. But I'm sure he is in line for a few more scoops for the athletic department. Never underestimate how closely the reporters and athletic departments work together in these college towns, especially outside of metro areas.
When did Aaron Torres say UConn is out!?

Reaction Score
Yormark probably hoping by announcing UConn together with, or slightly after AZ and ASU, the haters are at least somewhat distracted from focusing negativity on our addition as they revel in their additions of the other Pac 12 Power 5 schools...

This is where I think things stand as well. It softens the "blow" of a non-P5 invite optically and would make the B12 hands down the best basketball conference with Arizona and UConn together, Yormack gets what he wants and the existing schools get what they want also.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
He posted a video last night.

Can you point us to when he did in that video? I don’t have 18 minutes to listen. Thx so much.
It’s in the first few minutes, and it’s based on the Big 12 only going to 14. He’s he hearing Arizona would be 14 and that the big 12 would stop there.

However, I still think that the Big saying we only want 14 is to create multiple options out of the PAC vying for that spot.

I think we’re in at 16.

Reaction Score
He posted a video last night.

Again, the arguments against UConn makes no sense. If College Presidents don't know anything about sports, the argument doesn't hold weight. UConn is better academically, it opens a huge market, and it actually long term adds far more value than any corner state school.

I still firmly believe, between Yormarks comments and UConn's behavior, that we are partnered with Colorado. The wild card of course is Arizona. The silence is the Big 12 is trying to convince Arizona and then coupling them with a 16th.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
At around the 12-13 min mark Aaron Torres said from the UConn perspective that they felt confident immediately after the Colorado move. But now not as confident. Yormark wants UConn and the presidents are hesitant.

Reaction Score
Again, the arguments against UConn makes no sense. If College Presidents don't know anything about sports, the argument doesn't hold weight. UConn is better academically, it opens a huge market, and it actually long term adds far more value than any corner state school.
I think some of these Presidents are just very anti-northeast. Probably OkSt based on Tramel carrying water for someone.

Reaction Score
Torres is just another blowhard talking head. He is extrapolating a BY remark from a week ago to mean that the B12 will not go past 14 and that in his opinion the 14th will be AZ. No citation of a source. So he knows no more than we do.

I know he's a UConn guy but this dude knows nothing. Brutal listen.

Reaction Score
Be patient. A P5 invitation is coming (at some point)... albeit it's certainly taking a LOT longer than is justified.
I’m beginning to wonder
The ACC has the better brands and the power in this. They could lose 4 schools and still have better brands. Even better, they are located in densely populated states on the Atlantic seaboard.
ACC is under achieving. They could be proactive but instead are waiting for shoes to drop.
Funny, history does repeat.
Always comes back to Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
I think some of these Presidents are just very anti-northeast. Probably OkSt based on Tramel carrying water for someone.
Yormark's entire strategy, is coast to coast, with a global presence. He wants/needs NYC to remain viable long term. Only one school provides that. This idea that football only is driving the bus is outdated. Yormark knows long term what UConn provides. Its not that hard a sell and Presidents should understand that vision. The silence is causing massive speculation by the herd. Maybe nothing has changed. They are postering for 16. If it was just Arizona and 14 schools, i think it would have been made public over the weekend.

Reaction Score
He seems to repeat himself a lot. He’ll make statement, then rephrase it using different words. His podcast could be 1 minute, but instead it’s 5.

Also, clarifying who Brett Yormark is doesn’t help. If someone is listening to your podcast and they don’t know who Brett Yormark is, they’re not you’re audience. They are lost.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

No idea if he has sources or not, but I think he has pretty decent sports radio (pod?) chops.

Almost no umms, uhh, ya knows. Definitely comes off as prepared.

Reaction Score
Torres is just another blowhard talking head. He is extrapolating a BY remark from a week ago to mean that the B12 will not go past 14 and that in his opinion the 14th will be AZ. No citation of a source. So he knows no more than we do.
On the other hand apparently ESPN posted something similar? Whether or not that was prior to or after the B1G news I have no idea. The B1G news changes everything.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
If AD DB wasnt confident, would he really have given Hurley a contract that is more than the tv revenue. His actions say one thing that people are ignroing, his words........well, it’s been radio silence.
I don’t Hurley’s salary is tied to TV deal. Basketball revenue (tickets, sponsors, merch) and donors are more than enough to cover Hurley’s salary

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom