Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 463 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
If the ultimate goal is to get some/all of the 4 corner schools, what better way is there than taking a school that the PAC was taking to keep a foothold in SoCal. Plants a flag in SoCal and keeps the only school left that can get any traction at all in San Diego/LA from the PAC.

It is very possible San Diego State will have options. Lucky them.

at the end of the day we need to hope Yormark convinces the B12 schools to add us to capture part of the NYC market and position the B12 as the best basketball conference, if he convinces them of that we should be in no matter what happens out west sans every Pac 12 school trying to get in the B12 which I think is the worst case scenario for us.

I'm hoping the PAC12 emerges very strong, and adds SMU and San Diego State forcing the B12 east.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe sdsu/Co to big 12. Ugh
You guys, unreal...

kellys-heroes-oddball.gif

Reaction Score
Interesting, but I'm more interested in whether it satisfies Brett Yormark.

A better scenario for us: Colorado wants out and is all but gone, and the Pac-12 plans to backfill with SDSU. The writing is on the wall, and informal discussions have occurred, but SDSU suspects the official invitation won't come until after their exit fee hike takes effect.

Or at least, this all would feel plausible to me in a world where Rule #1 didn't exist.
SDSU may have been approached by the PAC with clear indications of one or more schools leaving. In the past their envy for teams in that league might have been enough for an instant jump. But if there have been discussions with the Big 12, they'd be crazy not to give them a shot at "getting off the pot" and making a commitment. If Big 12 keeps leading them on it becomes likely they lose SDSU to the PAC and I think that's a mistake. SDSU isn't just a quality add for the Big 12, it's a key part of the PAC's Plan B. I think the entire Big 12 waiting game is a mistake. Offer SDSU, UConn, Colorado if they're ready. That sends the message that spots are being filled. Then watch the rest of the PAC start scrambling for the lifeboats.

Reaction Score
What it means is "We don't have anything yet but hope to soon. We don't want to have to pay the increased (I believe double) exit fee if we get the offer in July but we don't want to be in the wilderness if no offer appears. We'll provide this comment now, saying we're intending to leave, this way if we do get the offer in July we can claim we informed the conference in time but if we don't, we can say we never actually said we were leaving".
the traditional straddling the fence. It reminds me when I didn't know the answer to a True/False question on a test. I would write "T" but in the middle of the letter I would slightly have another horizontal like going rightward so it was like a combo "T" or "F" and then I would tell the teacher that I was correct they marked my answer wrong when they shouldn't have, LOL.

Reaction Score
If the ultimate goal is to get some/all of the 4 corner schools, what better way is there than taking a school that the PAC was taking to keep a foothold in SoCal. Plants a flag in SoCal and keeps the only school left that can get any traction at all in San Diego/LA from the PAC.
I don't think these conferences are out to destroy each other or anything, but if the Big XII wanted to remove competition from the pool of media rights $$$, then taking SDSU is an incredible chess move. If they took Colorado and SDSU it might kill the PAC.

Reaction Score
I don't think these conferences are out to destroy each other or anything, but if the Big XII wanted to remove competition from the pool of media rights $$$, then taking SDSU is an incredible chess move. If they took Colorado and SDSU it might kill the PAC.
The PAC is dead, there is no doubt they will be losing Cal and Stanford, and probably UW / Oregon as well. Taking SDSU as a death stroke, unless they are truly valued by the Big12, would be pointless.

Reaction Score
The PAC is dead, there is no doubt they will be losing Cal and Stanford, and probably UW / Oregon as well. Taking SDSU as a death stroke, unless they are truly valued by the Big12, would be pointless.

Unless they are confident of a post raid merger with the ACC, then they are not so dead. A merger of the two conferences after they are both raided makes a lot of sense.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I don’t think they want to destroy each other either but if they are able to pull away Colorado and Arizona by taking SDSU, they most definitely would. The Big12 only has 1 state’s flagship public school and that’s Kansas. By adding 2 more (Colorado and Arizona), that gives much more credibility to their name. Throw in a SC school and another flagship (UConn) and they have set themselves up as the cleat #3.

Reaction Score
The PAC clearly doesn't want to die. If they can keep it together they will

Reaction Score
Anyone who believes that bringing San Diego State into the PAC will have any meaningful effect on Los Angeles is delusional.

Reaction Score
Unless they are confident of a post raid merger with the ACC, then they are not so dead. A merger of the two conferences after they are both raided makes a lot of sense.
I guess crazier things have happened is this wild world of CR over the years. Remember when there was even talk of a Big East/Big 12 merger years ago ? Well it didn't happen exactly by a merger, but eventually they did get 8 out the 12 schools right in this article. For Uconn FB 9 out of 12, due to recent conversations, would even be better.

Reaction Score
I don’t think they want to destroy each other either but if they are able to pull away Colorado and Arizona by taking SDSU, they most definitely would. The Big12 only has 1 state’s flagship public school and that’s Kansas. By adding 2 more (Colorado and Arizona), that gives much more credibility to their name. Throw in a SC school and another flagship (UConn) and they have set themselves up as the cleat #3.
Don't let Mountaineer fans hear you say that WVU isn't a public flagship...lol

Reaction Score
No one cares about state flagship schools except UConn fans it seems. They care that people actually watch the teams in the conference.

Reaction Score
I’m hoping it’s in the bag. Otherwise, I’m going to take issue with the lack of self promotion coming from Storrs. We should have learned our lesson with the ACC debacle.

I’m hopeful this is a done deal and our market is a driver that won’t be overlooked. The Rucker Park plans for B12 promotion will look like a dead giveaway that we were in all along if/when the invite goes public.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom