Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 453 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Yeah it is weird. I honestly hate southern football culture and won't be looking forward to the constant down talking if we join the conference. People think I'm exaggerating and are giving me crap for pointing out the social and cultural differences. But they'll see if/when it happens.
Down talking even from boosters of a school which is 0-2 against UConn.

Reaction Score
Big 12 officials' Memphis site visit 'didn't happen at all,' Dennis Dodd says

On Friday, however, CBS Sports college athletics insider Dennis Dodd refuted that report. Dodd, in an interview on "The Gabe Kuhn Show" on 929 ESPN FM, shut it down completely.

“What was reported didn’t happen at all, and I’ll leave it at that,” said Dodd. “No delegation. No Brett Yormark. That didn’t happen. I wouldn’t give it oxygen. If it had happened, I would’ve written it or confirmed it. This particular (visit) did not happen, according to my reporting.”

Reaction Score
Big 12 officials' Memphis site visit 'didn't happen at all,' Dennis Dodd says

On Friday, however, CBS Sports college athletics insider Dennis Dodd refuted that report. Dodd, in an interview on "The Gabe Kuhn Show" on 929 ESPN FM, shut it down completely.

“What was reported didn’t happen at all, and I’ll leave it at that,” said Dodd. “No delegation. No Brett Yormark. That didn’t happen. I wouldn’t give it oxygen. If it had happened, I would’ve written it or confirmed it. This particular (visit) did not happen, according to my reporting.”
Holy cow. Talk about disinformation.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Calkins is much more trustworthy than Thamel.

This entire situation is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
At this point if these conferences don’t recognize the value of UConn then let them play their games and things will fall out wherever they will. If they are so stupid to walk away from the number one commodity out there then let them. One way or another we will have something to cheer for as fans.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Two Pac 12 university presidents on the record expecting a good deal.

Reaction Score
This a pretty bad look for Memphis. For the commish to say they aren't even being considered lol
He didn't say they aren't being considered. He said he never met with anyone at Memphis and he hasn't been on campus. Maybe he's been doing Zoom calls.

Reaction Score
Geno coached multiple Olympic winning teams. Those games were televised worldwide. In Australia, the folks that commented on my UConn shirt knew Geno. I'm sure Alabama college football doesn't have a fraction of the reach.
This is just ignorant. No person in the history of televised sports has remembered the women’s basketball coach of another nations team that’s on TV once every 4 years at most. Stop hyperinflating the reach of women’s basketball.
Let's see. There's the guy who experienced it, and there's the guy who hasn't.

I lived in Australia during an Olympic year. They knew a lot about the Americans.

Reaction Score
I work around a lot of guys who have nothing more to do but watch TV most of day. It's crazy to me how many think UConn has a female coach. Even some of the ones who have some sense about them. They definitely know Nick Saban. I've ran into a few outside the job that have this same thought. A couple of times I've had someone approach me, knowing I'm a UConn fan, usually around March Madness and say hey, I didn't know they had a man for a coach. That usually devolves into why doesn't he coach in the men's game.

Reaction Score
Geno has what would I consider one of the best jobs in all of America. Paid a lot and is always going to have a good team. Half the team was injured and they were still top 10.

Reaction Score
Geno has what would I consider one of the best jobs in all of America. Paid a lot and is always going to have a good team. Half the team was injured and they were still top 10.
He crafted it to be such with a lot of dedicated hard work. He's not resting on his laurels and just watching the money roll in.

Mister Wonderful

Even when I think I’m wrong, I’m right
Reaction Score
Frustrated Taylor Swift GIF

Reaction Score
When I go to the park in the morning with my dogs during the season people talk to me about the women's game from last night all the time. They know all the players the same as people in Connecticut do. I don't believe we can make a blanket statement about where or who is a fan of the men or women's game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom