Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 208 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, why doesn't the Big XII just go for the gusto and expand by 6 schools? Especially if they're going to just lose Texas and maybe OU? Go stright to 16 teams. You could add: BYU, Cincy, Houston, UConn, plus take like a UCF (Central FL market), and maybe Memphis (to get that FedEx $$$)... Just don't see USF, Colorado State, Bosie State, ECU, Tulane, or Navy making much sense.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, why doesn't the Big XII just go for the gusto and expand by 6 schools? Especially if they're going to just lose Texas and maybe OU? Go stright to 16 teams. You could add: BYU, Cincy, Houston, UConn, plus take like a UCF (Central FL market), and maybe Memphis (to get that FedEx $$$)... Just don't see USF, Colorado State, Bosie State, ECU, Tulane, or Navy making much sense.
Because their non-dilution clause only is available for teams 11-14, IIRC.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Just suprising that Arizona & Arizona State want to leave the PAC 12?! I mean the Big 12 isn't exactly a "stable" thing right now...

Reaction Score
Just suprising that Arizona & Arizona State want to leave the PAC 12?! I mean the Big 12 isn't exactly a "stable" thing right now...

Nobody is leaving the Pac12 for the Big 12. The conferences pay out their members identically at this point, so it would be a wash from a purely financial perspective. However, as the only P5 conference with a presence in the Mountain and Pacific Timezones, it's in a position to increase it's value and revenue when the existing TV deal is up.

From a purely competitive perspective, the Pac 12 was one Stanford victory over Oregon away from keeping the Big 12 out of the CFP for a second year in a row. The conference top to bottom is more competitive than the Big 12.

Finally, from a pure stability standpoint, the Pac 12 is going absolutely nowhere. You cannot say that for certainty about the Big 12.

Reaction Score

They're probably going to take the money from 4 teams IMO. Just can't believe Memphis is in the conversation.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Nobody is leaving the Pac12 for the Big 12. The conferences pay out their members identically at this point, so it would be a wash from a purely financial perspective. However, as the only P5 conference with a presence in the Mountain and Pacific Timezones, it's in a position to increase it's value and revenue when the existing TV deal is up.

From a purely competitive perspective, the Pac 12 was one Stanford victory over Oregon away from keeping the Big 12 out of the CFP for a second year in a row. The conference top to bottom is more competitive than the Big 12.

Finally, from a pure stability standpoint, the Pac 12 is going absolutely nowhere. You cannot say that for certainty about the Big 12.
Yeah, hard to see the AZ fan bases accepting the idea that CA, UT, OR and WA will no longer be their rivals and now its OK, TX, IA, KS, WV, etc. There is no way the vast majority in those schools would accept this. And this situation is nothing like Maryland's.

Reaction Score
No one out here. Is. Even having a conversation about it
If it's on the table it's really been hidden

Reaction Score
Chip Brown says it is for up to 16 teams. I believe I read that on the CSNBBS board.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Chip Brown says it is for up to 16 teams. I believe I read that on the CSNBBS board.
Did not know that. That's good news if true. If this is, as many believe, a straight up money grab before Texas and OU leave, I can't imagine not going for a full 16. I'm surprised that we haven't heard it discussed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I found it in this story:

“I’m hearing that if they’re going to expand, it’s most likely going to be by four rather than two,” Brown said, “because of provisions in the TV contract that call for the TV partners to pay equal share of the revenue right now for up to six schools added to the league.

Longhorns Writer Says Texas Won't 'Stand In Way' Of Houston Joining Big 12

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
It would be surprising, if true. I'm not convinced.

I'm not either. FSU and Clemson were dangled in front of the majority of the Big12. If they just held out until the end of the ACC GoR, the Big10 and ACC will take what they want leaving us with the prize we really want: FSU and Clemson. Since that has been taken from them, we get the assurances that the Big12 is expanding. Now, we get rumors of Arizona, ASU and even UCLA aren't happy and would entertain thoughts of joining the Big12 when the Pac12 G0R expires. Is it a last ditch effort to keep the Big12 from expanding?

I think the expansion train has gathered enough speed to stop, but who knows? Maybe a way to limit expansion to two? If the Big10 is truly off the table, I hope you all get one of the spots in the Big12.

Reaction Score

I challenge one of you, before ever mentioning U of A or ASU to the Big XII again, to begin your post by stating what percentage of the schools' enrollment comes from California. Because if the post starts with that, the post ends there.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Houston better be in the Big 12. They are jerking their fans around pretty badly on social media this week.
I'm rooting for them not to get in and for their social media folks to be just that stupid.

Reaction Score
Possible they can add 5 schools, 4 in all sports and BYU for football?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22