Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 209 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So how would that work? Would they still take 4. Would they take a BBO to even out that side or perhaps two FBOs. Could we be seeing, Bosie St., BYU as FBOs and UConn and Houston as all sport?

I can see the desire to pick up the best FB team, but I could also seeing Presidents deciding it isn't worth it, especially since BYU has it's own network so what are talking about only 6 games a year? For how big a share?

Reaction Score
Big 12 Update‏@Big12Update

Lyell: Big 12 doesn't need CSU to 'own' TV market

Nobody’s going to pretend that CSU owns the Denver TV market.
The University of Colorado doesn’t “own” it, either.

In today’s world of conference expansion that kind of ownership of a TV market no longer matters. Colorado State University doesn’t have to be the dominant program in the region to “deliver” the nation’s 17th-largest television market to the Big 12 Conference. It simply has to provide a foothold that would help get a new Big 12 television network on the cable and satellite packages available to viewers in the Denver area.

CSU clearly can do that. Just like CU does for the Pac-12 Network.

The Rams have made the kind of commitment to athletics the Big 12 is looking for, with a new $220 million on-campus stadium set to open in 2017, high-profile coaches with salaries and budgets that rival those of some schools in Power 5 conferences and a stated goal from university President Tony Frank to raise the level of the school’s athletic programs to the level of its academic programs.

And the academic programs at CSU are comparable to those of the schools already in the Big 12, a critical factor for the university presidents who will be making the decisions about which schools, if any, to add to their conference.

Geography might not play the role in college conference alignments that it once did, but it can’t be ignored, either. TV viewers in Colorado are a lot more likely to tune in to a Big 12 network, no matter which teams are playing, than viewers in Connecticut, Ohio, Tennessee, Florida, Louisiana and even Utah will be.

Reaction Score
UC's Tuberville says Big 12 Expansion is all about money

"It's all about money," Cincinnati head football coach Tommy Tuberville said. "We've got everybody in place to make that move, but if it doesn't happen it'll happen sooner or later."

"We'll rest on our accomplishments and academics and athletics," Tuberville said.
"You don't go out and advertise for it. *
If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, we're excited about being in the AAC."

*President Ono didn't get the message.

Reaction Score

"It's all about money," Cincinnati head football coach Tommy Tuberville said. "We've got everybody in place to make that move, but if it doesn't happen it'll happen sooner or later."

"We'll rest on our accomplishments and academics and athletics," Tuberville said.
"You don't go out and advertise for it. *
If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, we're excited about being in the AAC."

*President Ono didn't get the message.

Hmmmm, this is a pretty Benedictian like comment--almost as though they haven't even done presentations yet.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm, this is a pretty Benedictian like comment--almost as though they haven't even done presentations yet.

Maybe they have and its a beggar thy neighbor situation. Such as:

Cincy, "Gentlemen we would like to staart our presentation....."
Big 12, "No need for that, what's your bottom line minimum amount you will take, if we invite you......."

Reaction Score
image.png

Reaction Score
Jeff Cobb ‏@Jeffery_Cobb · 7h7 hours ago  West Virginia, USA
Interesting expansion tidbit: According to ESPN, when the Big12 added TCU & WVU in 2011, the other finalists were Louisville, BYU and Tulane

Anyone wanting to know where I got the 2011 Big12 expansion candidate list from, check the 11th paragraph:
Report: Missouri hoping for invitation from SEC

@theDudeofWV Maybe the Big 12 is using the "threat" of including Tulane in the expansion to get more $$ out of the networks. Bargaining chip

Jeff Cobb ‏@Jeffery_Cobb · 4h4 hours ago  West Virginia, USA
IMO, with exception of BYU, the B12 should only be considering expansion candidates East of the Mississippi river

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
No reason for the ACC to add at this point. ND isn't joining, no one is leaving anytime soon, and their deal is locked in. The only way they do is if ESPN says so, and I don't think the numbers make that an imperative.

The B1G might (about 2% chance) if they have a single school targeted for 2024. Their is no reason for this to be the case. I don't think they want the UT drama, ND isn't coming. Maybe they'd take OU, but I doubt it. With the ACC locked in, I think the B1G is done.

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, why doesn't the Big XII just go for the gusto and expand by 6 schools? Especially if they're going to just lose Texas and maybe OU? Go stright to 16 teams. You could add: BYU, Cincy, Houston, UConn, plus take like a UCF (Central FL market), and maybe Memphis (to get that FedEx $$$)... Just don't see USF, Colorado State, Bosie State, ECU, Tulane, or Navy making much sense.

Hello, first time poster, long time lurker/reader of this fan site. I come in peace.

With all due respect, would any P5 conference really want to expand to 16 teams? I read about the 16 team super conference on many sites and it seems to be a given, but it doesn't seem feasible anymore given the current NCAA rule in place that govern how FBS conferences with 12 teams or greater must determine the participants of a conference championship game (CCG). Two divisions with round robin play within each division, the winners of each division meetin in the CCG. The regular football season is comprised of only 12 games and I do not see conferences eliminating cross-divisional games from their conference schedule. Besides, at that point the 16 team conference would seem more like two 8 team conferences with a scheduling agreement. Then there id the issue of how the current divisions are aligned/comprised. In each of the ACC, B1G and SEC, there is a heavy weight division that most conference schools would like to be a part of or play against for recruiting purposes. In order to change the current NCAA rule for a CCG, a majority of FBS conferences would have to approve. Only time I see that happening is when a majority of P5 conferences have more than 14 teams.

So I ask, is it reasonable to expect conferences to go beyond 14 teams in the near future; say 2024/2025?

Reaction Score
No reason for the ACC to add at this point. ND isn't joining, no one is leaving anytime soon, and their deal is locked in. The only way they do is if ESPN says so, and I don't think the numbers make that an imperative.

The B1G might (about 2% chance) if they have a single school targeted for 2024. Their is no reason for this to be the case. I don't think they want the UT drama, ND isn't coming. Maybe they'd take OU, but I doubt it. With the ACC locked in, I think the B1G is done.

I don't think Big Ten is done at all. They'll only be done if Texas/Oklahoma renew the Grant of Rights beyond 2023/24. And since I'm pretty sure that's not happening, nothing is off the table.

My gut feeling for a year is UT, OU, KU and UConn to the Big Ten in 2024.

Reaction Score
Big Ten isn't done. Hope they copyrighted Big 18 and 20. Realignment has a long way to go.

Kind of wild the University of Chicago would leave the CIC.

Reaction Score
So I ask, is it reasonable to expect conferences to go beyond 14 teams in the near future; say 2024/2025?

TV money does strange things to conferences...

As for the large conferences looking like 2 conferences with scheduling arrangements, consider the following.

If a conference wanted to expand to 16 or 20, divided into 2 divisions, there's nothing that says the division assignments can't change every year. A conference could be divided into groups of 4 or 5, and two of those groups could swap divisions each year.

That would solve the problem of having some familiar schools in a small group while ensuring that periodic visits are scheduled with the rest of the conference.

I think the Big 10 is going to 20 (eventually), but only if other conferences jump to at least 16.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 would prefer to wrap up the expansion process before the start of the 2016 football season, three persons with knowledge of the ongoing process told CBS Sports on Thursday.

While it's not clear whether a final decision on timing has been made, all three sources said the Big 12 doesn't want expansion to overshadow the league's football season with a drawn-out process that would extend into the 2016 campaign.

Big 12 prefers to decide on expansion teams before start of 2016 season

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I think there are certain people in the B1G that like the idea of Texas more than they would actual Texas. They are at best a regional version of ND.

I don't think UT would humble themselves enough to be part of the Big Ten team. For all the talk of fit, UT doesn't fit anyplace it has programs on equal footing. While they my begrudgingly consider UM, IAU equals, no way Northwestern, or any of the I schools get the same benefit.

OU and KU are much more likely, but then you ask why if Big would make such a move. MD and RU produced big TV dollars, NU brought a CCG, and PSU brought a huge East coast presence.

Is the Big Ten still in that mind set? Is 16 even worth doing? Or are they looking to become a two conference conglomerate? No one knows for certain. They'll move if the situation is right. I'm not so sure they have an actual plan in motion. ANY word to/from the ACC teams would have killed the extension. ND is ND. So, are they really trying to wait out the XII? Or just monitoring?

Reaction Score
The B1G has work to do with the western division for football, population, markets and recruiting. The B1G West schools are "stuck" up in the far midwest while the eastern schools have had the footprint expand into the Mid-Atlantic area where there are large plots of population. A lot of New Jersey kids are now going to the B1G schools instead of heading south to the ACC or the SEC.

The B1G West needs to have their footprint expand south into Texas. There is no way around that. The B1G will want to take Kansas and Missouri so the regional footprint expands into thsoe states and all of those markets become B1G territory and then continue south to get Oklahoma and Texas. Kansas is an easy transition to the B1G and they would take a B1G offer faster than we can blink. Missouri has always tried to get into the B1G and they would flip to the B1G. OU and Texas is the football and recruiting grab for the B1G for the western division.

It was a mistake to only take Nebraska back then. They should have taken Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas right away too. Not sure if A&M would have taken up the offer back in 2009/10. And then go into Rutgers and Maryland. If they had done that they would be at 18 schools already and would have beaten the whole GOR era.

The B1G will be done with expansion once they fix the B1G West issues and Delany said during media days they are not going to be changing up the divisions. So you know there is one last round of expansion coming.

Reaction Score
The B1G has work to do with the western division for football, population, markets and recruiting. The B1G West schools are "stuck" up in the far midwest while the eastern schools have had the footprint expand into the Mid-Atlantic area where there are large plots of population. A lot of New Jersey kids are now going to the B1G schools instead of heading south to the ACC or the SEC.

The B1G West needs to have their footprint expand south into Texas. There is no way around that. The B1G will want to take Kansas and Missouri so the regional footprint expands into thsoe states and all of those markets become B1G territory and then continue south to get Oklahoma and Texas. Kansas is an easy transition to the B1G and they would take a B1G offer faster than we can blink. Missouri has always tried to get into the B1G and they would flip to the B1G. OU and Texas is the football and recruiting grab for the B1G for the western division.

It was a mistake to only take Nebraska back then. They should have taken Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas right away too. Not sure if A&M would have taken up the offer back in 2009/10. And then go into Rutgers and Maryland. If they had done that they would be at 18 schools already and would have beaten the whole GOR era.

The B1G will be done with expansion once they fix the B1G West issues and Delany said during media days they are not going to be changing up the divisions. So you know there is one last round of expansion coming.
Jesus this is Flug like. What a piece of garbage

Reaction Score
Also, Jim Delany plan son being retired by 2020 so he will want to go out with a bank and announce UT and OU to the B1G and then head out the door for retirement. Delany can place the exit date for the B12 schools at the end of their GOR so schools don't have to deal with any litigation issues. Just get UT and OU signed up in a year or a couple of years and then let the B12 do some more expansion again and life will go on.

There are some people who still think the B12 will die even with the expansion they are doing. Not correct. The B12 will be around for a long time just not as a powerful conference.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
The Big Ten doesn't have to do anything. While UT and OU would be great FB gets, they have never expanded solely on FB.

Both to the SEC would make a ton more sense.

Reaction Score
Not garbage at all. And if you haven't noticed, I think Flug is a BS artist with his BTM.[/QUOTE

God you're a moron. Of course I know you think Flug is a fraud. Of your 60 posts I would gather most are about him. I just think you're just as big of an idiot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom