Kasongo might be announcing on Tuesday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kasongo might be announcing on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he is re-tweeting messages from Kevin Ollie, which he just did a few minutes ago, would you say that is a great sign to him coming here?

Also I have never seen him here but one of the websites was comparing him to a young Chris Webber...anyone think that comparsion is way over blown?

Reaction Score
Robinson is not a luxury everything I have heard says Lubin was a reach. Robinson is on another level even Kasongo might be on another level. Lets focus on Robinson.

Reaction Score
If he is re-tweeting messages from Kevin Ollie, which he just did a few minutes ago, would you say that is a great sign to him coming here?

Also I have never seen him here but one of the websites was comparing him to a young Chris Webber...anyone think that comparsion is way over blown?

Yes, CWebb was one of the most skilled bigs in history

Reaction Score
Robinson is not a luxury...

Yes he is. We'll be fine if we don't land Robinson, but we'll be boned (or close to it) if we don't add another guard.

That's the difference between "luxury" and "necessity."

Reaction Score
Lets say Daniels and boatright go pro.

We have Nolan, Facey, Brimah and Lubin at the four/five.

At guard we have Samuels, Purvis, Calhoun, and Hamilton.

Much more comfortable with our guards. Who knows what we have with Lubin and Brimah, I think both will be good but it could take time. If we want remain elite Robinson would be a monster get.

Reaction Score
At guard we have Samuels, Purvis, Calhoun, and Hamilton.

Much more comfortable with our guards.

Four guys for three spots? Only one true point guard? That's "comfortable" for you?

Reaction Score
Calhoun Purvis and Hamilton all are first team all conference level talent. Throw in Tolksdorf to help out at small forward. We could use a true point no doubt but there is not much available. I think we still need an instant impact guy at the power forward spot.

Reaction Score
Now it could be Purvis, DHam, Lubin, Kasango/Robinson and maybe Cassell Jr (I almost like the silence on this one)??

Reaction Score
Calhoun Purvis and Hamilton all are first team all conference level talent. Throw in Tolksdorf to help out at small forward. We could use a true point no doubt but there is not much available. I think we still need an instant impact guy at the power forward spot.

I agree. We'll be fine at the point going forward with Purvis and Samuels - one an uber athletic scorer and the other a big, defense first point with good passing ability. Calhoun and Hamilton holding down the 2/3. Much more likely that, of the two juniors, Boat comes back, which means we have another year to look for the PG of the future (paging Mr. Dorsey, step on up). Robinson is as close to a must get as it gets. He's smooth, he can score, he's hyper athletic, he gives Ollie that stretch four to replace DD that takes our team to the next level, in my opinion. A lineup of Boat/Purvis, Calhoun, Hamilton, Robinson, Nolan/Brimah with Facey/Lubin/Tolksdorf/Samuels etc coming off the bench would be formidable, to say the least.

Reaction Score
Lubin may be instant impact if he can do what his coach claims. A 6'8" 245 beast with a smooth midrange jumper and the ability to score around the rim is rare in college. I am looking forward to seeing his stats this season.

Reaction Score
I agree. We'll be fine at the point going forward with Purvis and Samuels - one an uber athletic scorer and the other a big, defense first point with good passing ability.

Yeah, and if one of them gets hurt, the other has to play 40 minutes a game for the rest of the season.

If any of the four (Samuels, Purvis, Calhoun, Hamilton) gets hurt, then the other three are locked into at least 36 MPG for the rest of the season.

It's not hard to understand.

Reaction Score
we definitely need another guard with PG abilities but I wouldn't call Robinson a luxury, kid looks like a future lottery pick.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and if one of them gets hurt, the other has to play 40 minutes a game for the rest of the season.

If any of the four (Samuels, Purvis, Calhoun, Hamilton) gets hurt, then the other three are locked into at least 36 MPG for the rest of the season.

It's not hard to understand.

I understand. But you're conveniently leaving out the fact that Boat might come back, and if not, there's always the spring signing period. Should we go hard after a PG during this recruiting period? Absolutely. But it's not the end of the world if we don't grab one now, and at this point I'd much rather have Robinson

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If they get one of the guards they're looking at now - fine.

But Jesus, don't stretch to offer one. Those stretch recruits are nothing but future transfers and we know how that's worked out in the past.

Reaction Score
I say we wait and see what the free agent market has to offer(grad transfers).

Reaction Score
I understand. But you're conveniently leaving out the fact that Boat might come back, and if not, there's always the spring signing period. Should we go hard after a PG during this recruiting period? Absolutely. But it's not the end of the world if we don't grab one now, and at this point I'd much rather have Robinson

You don't seem to understand the argument.

Robinson, by virtue of our depth at the 3 and 4, is a luxury no matter how good he is. A top PG or combo guard is a necessity no matter when we sign him.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
^ that is a true fact.

Sometimes I prefer untrue facts, especially from Fishy.

In regard to other things...I want Robinson, he has talent and a great smile. We're going to need some guys who can come and help our team loosen up (like Khalid brought, as well as Kemba in a way). Devin might not be that kid, but he has the look of someone who has fun playing and that would be a nice bonus. Got to get him to come here for a visit.

Reaction Score

Reading that made my day! Comparing him to one of the greatest college basketball players in the last 20 years? Yeah, might just be a bit hyperbolic there.

Reaction Score
FWIW, Jeff Borzello picked UConn as his Crystal Ball pick. It's tough to get worked up on crystal ball predictions, but Borzello is usually spot on, and isn't a flip flopper when it comes to his choices. I don't think he makes a prediction unless he gets some solid information. Seems like a good sign.

EDIT: Sorry, this is for Sam Cassell, Jr. I realize how confusing this might be now.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Just based on all of his retweets, I would be surprised if Ray didn't commit here sometime soon.

Reaction Score
FWIW, Jeff Borzello picked UConn as his Crystal Ball pick. It's tough to get worked up on crystal ball predictions, but Borzello is usually spot on, and isn't a flip flopper when it comes to his choices. I don't think he makes a prediction unless he gets some solid information. Seems like a good sign.

Did he delete it, I don't see it there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104