Kasongo might be announcing on Tuesday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kasongo might be announcing on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FWIW, Jeff Borzello picked UConn as his Crystal Ball pick. It's tough to get worked up on crystal ball predictions, but Borzello is usually spot on, and isn't a flip flopper when it comes to his choices. I don't think he makes a prediction unless he gets some solid information. Seems like a good sign.
Looks like that was for Sam Cassell Jr.

Reaction Score
Looks like that was for Sam Cassell Jr.
Ha, yeah. I thought I had typed his name in my original post. Tried to edit as fast as possible.

Reaction Score
If they get one of the guards they're looking at now - fine.

But Jesus, don't stretch to offer one. Those stretch recruits are nothing but future transfers and we know how that's worked out in the past.

Well how about Cassell? Jeff Borzello's "crystal ball" has him coming here. That's after his visit to the 'Ville this weekend. Hey, you never know.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Today's media:

Contact-us-anchorman-quotes.jpg

"This just in...Twitter is atwitter with tweets and retweets and it appears that a sweet treat is in store for UConn, a program said to be in retreat according to more retweets. Ray Kasongo tweeted he's no twit and expects to retweet twenty-two more times the tweets of his newest Twitter tooter, Kevin Ollie. All this according to various tweets and retweets on Twitter. While UConn fans teeter over new news I need some t wat. I'm Ron Burgundy, now duckK you San Diego"

Reaction Score
So much conjecture involving kasongo because we picked up rakim. didn't Oregon also sign a forward?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Well how about Cassell? Jeff Borzello's "crystal ball" has him coming here. That's after his visit to the 'Ville this weekend. Hey, you never know.

Not sure what you're asking - Cassell's a kid UConn recruited out of high school.

He wouldn't be a stretch recruit.

Reaction Score
24/7 seems to be 100% Oregon for Kasongo. Considering how confident this board is that UConn is still in good position for him, I am officially making this my barometer of how 24/7 operates. If he does choose UConn it will be interesting to see how many 'experts' make an accurate 'prediction' by the time he makes his choice. Most of their predictions are from 9/29, so if any one changes their predictions I will officially not put any stock and their predictions.

Reaction Score
24/7 seems to be 100% Oregon for Kasongo. Considering how confident this board is that UConn is still in good position for him, I am officially making this my barometer of how 24/7 operates. If he does choose UConn it will be interesting to see how many 'experts' make an accurate 'prediction' by the time he makes his choice. Most of their predictions are from 9/29, so if any one changes their predictions I will officially not put any stock and their predictions.

Why would you use this as a barometer when there is already plenty of evidence out there? They've made predictions for every single commitment so far. In fact, they've already been wrong on a UConn commit.

Reaction Score
Why would you use this as a barometer when there is already plenty of evidence out there? They've made predictions for every single commitment so far. In fact, they've already been wrong on a UConn commit.
It is ok to make wrong predictions, but it is the fact that they all changed their prediction at just about the same time and so close to the end of the recruiting. If they all change their minds again and claim that they got it right would be ridiculous. It is the same thing for Ben Bentil, but your boards was not the place to reference him.

Reaction Score
If he is re-tweeting messages from Kevin Ollie, which he just did a few minutes ago, would you say that is a great sign to him coming here?

Also I have never seen him here but one of the websites was comparing him to a young Chris Webber...anyone think that comparsion is way over blown?
Yes-to your last question. C'mon.

caw

Reaction Score
It is ok to make wrong predictions, but it is the fact that they all changed their prediction at just about the same time and so close to the end of the recruiting. If they all change their minds again and claim that they got it right would be ridiculous. It is the same thing for Ben Bentil, but your boards was not the place to reference him.

If they make a prediction and the player commits within 48 hours they are accurate if not, they are lousy and will likely change the prediction again.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you're asking - Cassell's a kid UConn recruited out of high school.

He wouldn't be a stretch recruit.

Stretch to get, since Louisville has been the favorite for a while. Thought it was interesting that after his visit there, 247 picked him instead for UConn

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
10/10 Crystal Ball predictions have Kasongo going to Oregon. They are sometimes incorrect but 10/10?

http:// /Player/Ray-Kasongo-21345/PlayerInstitutionPredictions

Every single one of them is based on three facts:

1) Kasongo has only visited Uconn and Oregon
2) Rumors have suggested he will announce soon
3)Uconn received a verbal form a PF earlier this week

My personal opinion is that we want 2, that Johnson committing to IU spelled disaster in our race for his good friend D Rob, and the talking heads are misinterpreting our offer to Lubin as a reaction to Kasongo's visit instead of inside knowledge that the D Rob ship sailed.

I believe this time next week we'll be talking about The R&R brothers on the block, RayK47 and The Rock.

Reaction Score
I like the sound of RayK and the Rock!! I'm starting to really like how this class could be shaping up. Give me one of Cassell and Lyle and one of Kasongo and Robinson and Ollie has a top 15 class in his first true year of recruiting.

Reaction Score
And Ollie follow'd him back!

Thanks, I was wondering about that.

I'm with James on this one - I think Ray left Oregon wanting to choose UConn. As support, I'd cite the well known "Larrier Theorem", which states that where a prospect is down to 2 schools, and immediately upon leaving a visit with school 1 the said prospect tweets/retweets several times about school 2, the prospect clearly desires to attend school 2. With Larrier we were school 1, with Kasongo we are school 2.

The only questions in my mind are (1) whether the Lubin commitment impacted UConn's level of interest and (2) whether Kasongo's advisors/parents/etc. think Oregon's a better spot for PT and will convince him to change his mind.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
When will follow-backing be an NCAA violation? And will UConn be the first and only to get penalized?

Reaction Score
You people read into Twitter way too much. Get a life.

Well, let's be honest - people would soak up recruiting gossip from "gurus" all the time over the last few decades. Now you can read things straight from the source.

If people didn't need lives when they posted about what a guru heard a coach say about what a recruit might be thinking, they don't need lives now.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Well, let's be honest - people would soak up recruiting gossip from "gurus" all the time over the last few decades. Now you can read things straight from the source.

If people didn't need lives when they posted about what a guru heard a coach say about what a recruit might be thinking, they don't need lives now.

What kind of jackass response is that?

Kasongo retweeted an Oregon fan. Looks like he's going there. Tough everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom