Kasongo might be announcing on Tuesday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kasongo might be announcing on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When will follow-backing be an NCAA violation? And will UConn be the first and only to get penalized?

It will be made a violation in 2015, at which point Ollie's "follow"ing in 2013 will earn us a ban from the 2016 NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score
What kind of jackass response is that?

Kasongo retweeted an Oregon fan. Looks like he's going there. Tough everybody.

The difference between RT an Oregon fan and asking a coach for a follow is easy to see.

Reaction Score
What kind of jackass response is that?

Kasongo retweeted an Oregon fan. Looks like he's going there. Tough everybody.

To me, the jackass is the one who posts on a messageboard telling other people to get lives. Newsflash: you're on an internet messageboard, you are already as lifeless as anyone else here. Twitter is basically the same thing in a different format - random banter from assorted sources, only some of the sources are actually first hand.

I personally don't give a rat's behind about a kid's Twitter posts - or even most recruiting news - but if someone wants to follow a recruit and attempt to read tea leaves, it is no better or worse than any other recruiting gossip that has ever happened since the dawn of time, going back to when Oog was deciding between Neanderthal and Homo Habilis and there was gossip painted on cave walls about his decision ("Oog throw rock good. Habilis give Oog wheel. Habilis cheat.")

Reaction Score
Thanks, I was wondering about that.

I'm with James on this one - I think Ray left Oregon wanting to choose UConn. As support, I'd cite the well known "Larrier Theorem", which states that where a prospect is down to 2 schools, and immediately upon leaving a visit with school 1 the said prospect tweets/retweets several times about school 2, the prospect clearly desires to attend school 2. With Larrier we were school 1, with Kasongo we are school 2.

The only questions in my mind are (1) whether the Lubin commitment impacted UConn's level of interest and (2) whether Kasongo's advisors/parents/etc. think Oregon's a better spot for PT and will convince him to change his mind.

#1 is a possibility, based on some of the tweets I read last week. Think they pushed him. It didn't work. He went on a visit elsewhere. Came back. He then asked Ollie for a follow.

Reaction Score
#1 is a possibility, based on some of the tweets I read last week. Think they pushed him. It didn't work. He went on a visit elsewhere. Came back. He then asked Ollie for a follow.
That's what's got me hanging. The part about him asking for the follow after he visited Oregon.

Reaction Score
Here is an article from Oregon and of course biased towards U of O. It sounds like Ray is going to visit Kansas? Is this accurate? Here is the link. Search for Kasongo...he's mentioned a couple of times (It's embedded in the article in more than one place with all the football opinions). http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...f/2013/09/canzano_the_action_at_autzen_s.html
He had been saying that he wanted to visit Kansas and Kentucky before he committed. However, that's not happening with him deciding this week.

Reaction Score
So I'm assuming it is just between us and Oregon? Come on, RayK, that's a no brainer! Bleed Husky blue!

Reaction Score
Florida has more players they are still involved with then almost any other school in the country- and are still on maybe 10 kids lists as a top 3-5 school. I doubt they have any effect on his choice- he is a back up plan for the "first tier" talent they are going after (so that they can loose in the first round of the NCAAs).

(Snarky I know- just getting ready for the season).

Reaction Score
I think its UConn. Think we pick up Cassell soon as well.

Reaction Score
Florida's not a player. They are big with Kevon Looney, and I get the feeling they're all in with him, not to mention the multitude of small forwards they are targeting. It's us or the Ducks (probably us. You don't ASK a coach for a follow then choose an inferior school. That would reveal a lot about his character, that we would have perceived incorrectly, should he choose ORE. does feel a lot like Larrier, but from the right side).

Reaction Score
If we were fortunate to grab Kasongo, would we still have room for Robinson as well? I'm assuming that the additions of Lubin and Kasongo wouldn't affect Robinson's decision playing time wise (as I always imagined Robinson at the 3/stretch 4 and the former two as more traditional PF's) but would the scholarship numbers work out against him committing?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Kasongo, Robinson, and Cassell added to Lubin and we call it a class! :)

caw

Reaction Score
If we were fortunate to grab Kasongo, would we still have room for Robinson as well? I'm assuming that the additions of Lubin and Kasongo wouldn't affect Robinson's decision playing time wise (as I always imagined Robinson at the 3/stretch 4 and the former two as more traditional PF's) but would the scholarship numbers work out against him committing?

UConn has four seniors leaving, so a minimum of four scholarships to offer. Purvis is already on scholarship so wouldn't count in the four.

With Kasongo the newcomers would total three (Kasongo, Lubin, Hamilton).

Many think Daniels and/or Boatright may leave early, which would open up one or two additional scholarships.

I don't think Robinson would be affected unless both Kasongo and Cassell verbal. Then UConn technically doesn't know if it has the extra scholarship. I think they would sign him anyways in the likelihood that Daniels/Boatright leave.

I think four is the minimum you will see sign in November and five the maximum. If it's five, then I wouldn't be shocked to see some sort of transfer fill the sixth spot (if Daniels and Boat leave) in the spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom