Karaban to UConn!!! | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Karaban to UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
“He values relationships with coaches and friends. This is No. 1 for him outside of basketball. It’s lifetime relationships for him.” Olga Karaban.

Great mentality. Refreshing to hear from a 17 year old. The culture Hurley has built is everything we could have hoped for.

Reaction Score
Impressed with the maturity and BB IQ of DH's 2921 and 2922 recruits.

Clearly they have on-court talent to back it up.

AK is yet another example of a Hurley kind of recruit.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This is awesome. Versatile offensively, can finish with either hand, good attitude, great size. Just awesome.
Yep.
If Danny ends up being a good Xs and Os guys, we’re going to be back on top where we belong in no time.
Yep again. He continues to move forward from mistakes, address weaknesses where & when they'rerevealed, and put himself in front of the next higher hurdle. My job is to cheer for this.

This thread is simply great.
It is very very very good news.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Bam, there we go! Just got home. My son called me in the car on the way home to tell me. Karaban is a good kid and a hard worker. I hope it works out well.
Finished a 7 hour drive and opened The Boneyard to the news I have most wanted .

Unloaded the very packed car, set a 7am alarm in order to meet a friend at NY Botanical Garden for timed-entry Kusama exhibition including Infinity Mirrored Room, and it has taken this long to read the thread. I will be very tired at some point later today.

I love your last two sentences above, and thank you for your humble enthusiasm in sharing your personal take. I too hope it works out well.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is probably a major reason why kids cut their lists so often. Answering texts from 25 schools must be nauseating at some point.

I think you may be a bit naive thinking schools stop communicating when a player cuts their list

Sure the staff may spend more hours watching other players and texting/talking but you always keep lines of communication open until that ayer is signed and on campus. At a minimum.

Reaction Score
IT'S OVER!

Donovan Mitchell Sport GIF by NBA

Reaction Score
I really hope Gaffney isn't are starting point guard in 2022. If So we might be in for a long season and didn't get the recruits we wanted or skool isn't as good as he seems.
Or maybe Jalen by senior year Jalen developed into a good point guard. It just took him a while

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
That would okay with me. Kid went 27/27 from the line at Peach Jam.

He is foul shooter on Ts from day 1. Even if he's sitting with 4 fouls and a concussion. Sub him in and put him at the line. He's unconscious there. I wouldn't be shocked if he averaged 90%+ for his college career.
That little item reveals something about the recruit. Commitment and self discipline. Not only does it bless the recruit but will make him a shining example of leadership in practice and on and off the floor. In some of those videos about John Havlicek which were going around one pro said "no one wants to win more than John". I think we have a very special young man and hats of to DH and the staff.

Reaction Score
There’s insiders and then there’s predicting recruiting 900 years into the future insiders.
What was I thinking? Cataract surgery is a bummer but will try to rise above the challenge of funky vision in future posts..

BTW.. Never have been -Never will be an insider of any duration but I get the humor.

Still happy with the character/maturity of DH's 21/22 class recruits.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OMG!! How do I send a thank you note to Tom Moore and what do I owe him!!

It has been a privilege to be of service. (tongue firmly in cheek)

If Sanogo, Clingan, Karaban, doesn't kick ass, I'm going to have to be man enough to own it on the Boneyard. They gave me ALL of my top targets I wanted to build around as a multi-year core to surround with athletes.

Time to celebrate UCONN IS BACK
Had no idea you’ve been banging this drum since 2019, but sure enough, here it is. Props.

12/12/2019:
I still haven't found a New Hampton roster to ID other players, but they have apparently cloned Tyler Lydon with a 2022 soph named Alex Karaban. He has Tyler Lydon size, skills, and versatility with Giffey BB IQ. I didn't find boxscores , but after the game I looked up writeups of their 6 previous games and this game was not an aberration. He scored 27 pts vs Hargrave Academy with 8 rbs, 21 w/7 rbs vs Blair Academy, 12 vs Vermont Academy, 24 vs Tilton, 21 vs Ridley college, and he scored, rebounded, ball handled, defended, and had intangibles last night that made me notice and inquire. My guess is 6'8 to 6'9 wirey strong even as a soph. Karaban with Donovan Clingan is my current 2022 wish list.
Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA

Reaction Score
This guy has a lot better range than Giffey for sure and looks like he will be better in that area to start. Of course he is also coming in with better accolades than Giffey too.

To be fair, the Giffey who won his first national championship was not nearly as good a shooter as the Giffey who won his second national championship. If he comes in as a better shooting freshman than Giffey, great. But no one should hold their breath that he’s a better shooter than senior year Giffey, because almost no one is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love to see Danny point us in the direction of that 2018 Nova or this past years Baylor team. Realistically we need at least three 3pt threats on the court at all times. Defenses will have no idea how to guard a lineup of Gaff Hawkins Karaban Akok and Clingan

No they won't have any idea how to guard them. That's why we will win it in 22-23

Reaction Score
You don’t think other teams hated shabazz? The attitude, the daggers, the fact that he was here 4 years which definitely felt like 6 for opposing fans

Yeah maybe. Sucks for them haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul