Karaban to UConn!!! | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Karaban to UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Haven't posted yet on this commitment... I'm extremely giddy every day about this get and happy this thread has not been derailed (kiss of death). Love that Hooper Scooper has some connection to this kid. Lots of mojo with this one. Nice talent and great character with these recent classes. It's going to be some fun years ahead. Scot-e and I are way overdue to hang for a long group of games!

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score

Wonder who hes been texting, trying to pull another 2022 recruit
Thinking Think GIF by The official GIPHY Page for Davis Schulz

Reaction Score
If Cole or Martin come back does that count against our 13 schollies?

Reaction Score
Again another very good interview with AK, he is so well spoken. I had no audio issues watching on my laptop, both were clear.

Hmm... JJ?
Top 5 players were:
Kemba
Bazz
Drummond
Gay
Bouk

While the list is bad, I think it really emphasizes how important Bouk is to keeping us current in the NBA & the minds of recruits

Reaction Score
Had to look it up. Wasn't easy to find. There's a recruiting data company (so they work with colleges) called Cerebro Sports and they created a metric called RAM (Recruiting Analytics Metric). C-RAM adjusts among peers. 10 is considered the edge of all-star and superstar.
Nice job! I looked for a bit and gave up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

“[Kemba and Shabazz] reached goals and dreams that I want to do one day in winning a national championship and going to the NBA,”
The basketball facilities, which highlight UConn’s history, including four national titles and a multitude of NBA players, particularly impressed him on those visits. Growing up in New England, Karaban watched Kemba Walker and Shabazz Napier lead UConn to national championships in 2011 and 2014. The regional connection makes Karaban want to play harder, and he understands the rich history.

“They’ve reached goals and dreams that I want to do one day in winning a national championship and going to the NBA,” Karaban said. “So seeing those players there was just super cool. Now I can use it as motivation to eventually reach those places that those players have reached.

Werth Champions Center is huge for us.

Reaction Score
Just wondering if we can swap Paige in to the Men's team for her senior year so Special K can drive and dish for the swish.

Reaction Score
Everyone loved to hate Khalid
But UConn fans loved him!!! Calhoun had some issues which he got over rather quickly when it became obvious he was the leader on the court.

Reaction Score
But UConn fans loved him!!! Calhoun had some issues which he got over rather quickly when it became obvious he was the leader on the court.

I think Calhoun loved him After the initial warming up period.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think Calhoun loved him After the initial warming up period.
I thought the story was that he basically took over a pick-up game when he visited, like he picked the teams and told everyone what to do, but they let him. In other words he took over because everyone listened to him and loved him instantly.

Calhoun definitely gave him a wider berth than any other player who played for him.

Reaction Score
TBB?reclass
I don't think he will reclass again. From a article on October 2020.

“I’m looking for a high academic school, and a program that can put me in a position to get in the NBA, and get minutes immediately,” Bowen told Pro Insights.

Bowen was originally in the class of 2022 but reclassified to 2023 because he was young for the class, and to further his development before college.

Reaction Score
From 247Sports.com about their ranking of Karaban. Which goes to show how random rankings can be sometimes. It's definitely not an exact science.

WHERE WILL KARABAN RANK?

Part of Connecticut's 2022 recruiting class that currently ranks No. 4 in 247Sports team rankings, Alex Karaban is a four-star forward who can shoot from deep and has some creativity on the interior. However, he's also a guy who ranks much higher (No. 86) in the industry generated Composite ranking than he does with us at 247Sports (No. 123). I think he's a really good player, but I get that in terms of rankings, that's a fairly large difference in opinion.

I like the way Karaban competes and he's also a really good passer. However, when I have watched him play I just don't seem to have the greatest luck in catching one of his better games. It happens that way with a few kids each year. I would say that he's likely to move up a bit in our next update to the rankings and I would feel comfortable with him closer to the top 100.

As for a final ranking, that won't happen for some time so who knows where he ultimately lands. The biggest things I'll be looking for when I see him play as a senior will be shot making that matches his reputation and a better feel for who he defends on the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom