Karaban to UConn!!! | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Karaban to UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What was I thinking? Cataract surgery is a bummer but will try to rise above the challenge of funky vision in future posts..

BTW.. Never have been -Never will be an insider of any duration but I get the humor.

Still happy with the character/maturity of DH's 21/22 class recruits.
Did you already have it? How did it go?

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Impressed with the maturity and BB IQ of DH's 2921 and 2922 recruits.

Clearly they have on-court talent to back it up.

AK is yet another example of a Hurley kind of recruit.
Hurley’s recruiting is centuries ahead.

Reaction Score
As much as a few hate it, Giffey really is a good comp. Similar size. Better shooter than Giffey as a frosh, not as good of a shooter as Giffey as a senior. Ice in his veins at FT line. Can put the ball on the floor and get to rim with either hand. Has some back to the basket and post moves- I suspect they will be less effective in college than HS (even high level HS). Bigger picture is he is okay getting touches in the post and working around the paint.
Some places still list him around 6'7" 195 lbs, others have him 6'8" 210 lbs. If he is a legit 6'8" by the time he gets on campus, watch out.
IDK Chin but other than 3 point and FT shooting, I really don't see the resemblance in their games. Karaban likes to mix it up inside where Giffey was a bit more finesse type. You did point out quite a bit in your post on AK that I thought was on point. Regardless! We got the TUNA.

Reaction Score
The energy & culture around the program is really, really good.
Another quote from Karaban that shows how Hurley is with recruits. We've heard this multiple times from other recruits.

Karaban is the No. 45 player in the nation according to ESPN. He said his trust of the UConn coaching staff was a key factor in his decision.

“I felt so comfortable with them,” Karaban said.

Reaction Score
What’s the Giffey stuff all the time? The guy was nothing. What do people think they are funny continually referring to him?
If this has already been replied to my apology. The guy was one of the main reasons we have a 4th banner. No comparison is needed. He was (his team just lost) in the olympics what are you doing currently.

Reaction Score
Karaban seems to have a killer mentality on the offensive end. Giffey didn't have that. Their game is different.

Last edited:

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
This is probably a major reason why kids cut their lists so often. Answering texts from 25 schools must be nauseating at some point.
I can barely respond to my family.

If I was a recruit, I’d prolly commit to the first school that offered just for some peace.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I can barely respond to my family.

If I was a recruit, I’d prolly commit to the first school that offered just for some peace.
You would have been a decent player at Middlesex Community College

Reaction Score
No bigger FA pickup then Karraban, now recruits essentially are FA now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
IDK Chin but other than 3 point and FT shooting, I really don't see the resemblance in their games. Karaban likes to mix it up inside where Giffey was a bit more finesse type. You did point out quite a bit in your post on AK that I thought was on point. Regardless! We got the TUNA.
Looks like Niels was fine in the paint to me.

Reaction Score
Looks like Niels was fine in the paint to me.

YES! He did look good didn't he? What I was getting at and IDK if it will translate in college ball but AK likes to post up in the paint where as NG usually did not. I did enjoy the footage though. Tend to forget that NG slashed into the lane quite a bit.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
YES! He did look good didn't he? What I was getting at and IDK if it will translate in college ball but AK likes to post up in the paint where as NG usually did not. I did enjoy the footage though. Tend to forget that NG slashed into the lane quite a bit.

I'm with you and I've mentioned Karaban's comfort in the lane as one of the best parts of his game. Do I think AK will be as successful with post moves in college as he was in HS? No. But I do like how AK is comfortable moving through the fog and the moving pieces in the paint.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Man, this is great news. Alex adds scoring and a lot more to our team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom