Karaban to UConn!!! | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Karaban to UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Excellent interview. AK is so much more calm, expressive, mature, etc. than most peeps his age.
I was surprised that he didn’t really connect with many current players during his unofficial visits. Probably speaks volumes about DC reaching out to him and getting him onboard. Definitely excited to see this kids game develop.

Reaction Score
Really was a great interview

Excellent interview. AK is so much more calm, expressive, mature, etc. than most peeps his age.
I was surprised that he didn’t really connect with many current players during his unofficial visits. Probably speaks volumes about DC reaching out to him and getting him onboard. Definitely excited to see this kids game develop.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Definitely streets ahead for sure.
Community fans are hiding everywhere, glad to meet another!

EF708361-C45E-46F7-ABF0-82E7776FAAFB.gif

Reaction Score
What was I thinking? Cataract surgery is a bummer but will try to rise above the challenge of funky vision in future posts..

BTW.. Never have been -Never will be an insider of any duration but I get the humor.

Still happy with the character/maturity of DH's 21/22 class recruits.
Lol…hope the vision improves!

Reaction Score
Another very good article from Mike Anthony of the New Haven Register with lots of quotes from Karaban. Hopefully by now everyone knows how to read Register articles.

Karaban said he chose UConn over Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Butler and Indiana.

“Just the relationships I had with all the coaches,” he said. “It wasn’t just a good relationship for basketball. It was off the court, too. I really loved spending time with them. I really loved getting to know them. They felt like extended family. It was so cool how I connected with them.”

Tom Moore, a Hurley assistant for five years and a UConn assistant for 18, was Karaban’s main recruiting contact. UConn’s newest assistant, Luke Murray, hired in May, was also involved down the stretch.

“We have similar personality traits, and it all leads back to our love and competitive spirit for basketball,” Karaban said of the staff. “(Hurley) wanted me to know (the program) was in great hands and that it will only go up and he’ll do what it takes to win, and he’ll make sure he only gets players who only want to do whatever it takes to win, too. He said it’s only bright, the future, that we’ll go back to those elite runs that UConn had.”

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score

I remembered b4 even starting this clip like it was yesterday. They had to duck batteries being thrown by pitt fans next time out... man I hated them

Reaction Score
I remembered b4 even starting this clip like it was yesterday. They had to duck batteries being thrown by pitt fans next time out... man I hated them
Can't wait to get back to playing with that swagger again! Mouring with the clutch 3 and never a doubt El-Amin on that drive! JC didn't look too happy lol at KEA on the table! Love it!

This BS folding at the first sign of trouble we had for years is thankfully eradicated, now got to take those next steps (Md. layup issues were not the stuff of a team there yet for sure) and I think we are. Such exciting times!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've said this before but someone once rhetorically asked El Admin what he said when he jumped up on the table. El Amin didn't pause a second. He said it was "Duck you, duck you, duck everyone of you motherduckers and duck your raggedy ass gym too!"

Watch at 1:30. It is hysterical.

Reaction Score
I've said this before but someone once rhetorically asked El Admin what he said when he jumped up on the table. El Amin didn't pause a second. He said it was "Duck you, duck you, duck everyone of you motherduckers and duck your raggedy ass gym too!"

If I remember they played a week before in Hartford and El Amin got into some beef with the other point guard(forgot who it was). But going into this game there was a lot of tension between him and the Pitt team. My favorite part in Calhoun screaming at him to get down off the table.

Reaction Score

Well said

Reaction Score
I've spent many a weekend trapped at Starland for AAU, worst drive ever.. Basically halfway to the Cape, Driving on I-93 to Route 3 is just a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom