Karaban to UConn!!! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Karaban to UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While the struggles offensively vs good teams & esp Maryland sucked….it yielded

A definite change in recruiting, focusing on skilled players & shooters!

Love ❤️ that Hurley is willing to adapt. Go get that final piece in Starling or a transfer shooter this spring!
I think you are underplaying his athletic talent. He can definitely get up and move well. He is more than just a stand a lone shooter you can can pass. Very excited about the pickup.

Reaction Score
I think you are underplaying his athletic talent. He can definitely get up and move well. He is more than just a stand a lone shooter you can can pass. Very excited about the pickup.
I think he's more focusing on how Karaban's immediate value is shooting and skill. Yes, he's still very athletic but he's not coming with an expectation to dunk over everyone.

We need him to shoot and space the floor. It helps he's a well-rounded player as well.

Reaction Score
I think he's more focusing on how Karaban's immediate value is shooting and skill. Yes, he's still very athletic but he's not coming with an expectation to dunk over everyone.

We need him to shoot and space the floor. It helps he's a well-rounded player as well.
Yeah, I'm just saying he isn't just a one dimensional shooter who can't take people off the dribble and get his shot too when needed. He is pretty exciting player.

Reaction Score

If yall don't know, he's playing for IMG Academy next year. They're one of the best HS teams every single year.

And I really love that we're starting to prioritize a mix of super athletes AND high IQ shooters.

The way we're building the roster is fantastic. By 2022 we're going to have basically all 4* recruits on the roster. 2+ year guys that can help you win games, not just get drafted and leave. The cushion to swing for the fences on the 5* players in 2023 us being laid down here.

Karaban is a skilled, high IQ forward who is a consummate mismatch problem and exceptionally efficient. He can stretch the floor, facilitate for his teammates and he excels as a mid-range shooter. He's going to give UConn the type of versatile frontcourt playmaker that they can play through in the frontcourt that they haven't yet had under Hurley.

"They said I'm very different from players they've had in the past," Karaban said. "They said they realized they need players like me. That was pretty cool, they can change up their style a little bit. I give them more options on what they want to do.

Reaction Score
Karaban is a skilled, high IQ forward who is a consummate mismatch problem and exceptionally efficient. He can stretch the floor, facilitate for his teammates and he excels as a mid-range shooter. He's going to give UConn the type of versatile frontcourt playmaker that they can play through in the frontcourt that they haven't yet had under Hurley.

"They said I'm very different from players they've had in the past," Karaban said. "They said they realized they need players like me. That was pretty cool, they can change up their style a little bit. I give them more options on what they want to do.

Being willing to adapt as a coach is as important as anything. Hurley blew it last year a few times. It had been recognized and remedied with our recent recruiting. Definitely some signs of change with our pace and use or Sanogo defensively too.. great stuff Coach!

Reaction Score
Wasn’t saying anything about athleticism here honestly, just that we needed skill & shooting and Anglin/Starling, Alex, Clingan fit that void we’ve often had.

❤️ That we’re going to have a forward that can shoot 3s & put it on the floor and beat his defender off the bounce with ….as the Goat Raftery would say, “a little lingerie in the deck”

Reaction Score
Being willing to adapt as a coach is as important as anything. Hurley blew it last year a few times. It had been recognized and remedied with our recent recruiting. Definitely some signs of change with our pace and use or Sanogo defensively too.. great stuff Coach!
This x 1,000,000 - cannot be understated!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let’s Go Huskies. LFGM!!! Holla if you hear me.
James Corden Hello GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Reaction Score
It just occurred to me that Karaban or his family or close friends might be reading this thread to enjoy the UConn nation's reaction and love for his decision. They have got to be wondering, ...

"Who the Hell is @Ricker and What in the World did he have to do with recruiting Alex??"

I'll let you know if I start getting invites to their family events.

Reaction Score
I love how UConn is getting excellent local talent: The #1 player from CT (Clingan), the #3 player from NJ (Floyd) and the #1 player from NH (Karaban).

Since Hurley, all of our recruits have been from anywhere from Maryland to Ontario. That's a nice region to mine the best talent from.

Reaction Score
Huge pickup! Love how they’re bringing these guys in now with this regime, the league, etc. UConn is def back.

Reaction Score
It just occurred to me that Karaban or his family or close friends might be reading this thread to enjoy the UConn nation's reaction and love for his decision. They have got to be wondering, ...

"Who the Hell is @Ricker and What in the World did he have to do with recruiting Alex??"

I'll let you know if I start getting invites to their family events.
Now they know
Spy Spying GIF

Reaction Score
Wasn’t saying anything about athleticism here honestly, just that we needed skill & shooting and Anglin/Starling, Alex, Clingan fit that void we’ve often had.

❤️ That we’re going to have a forward that can shoot 3s & put it on the floor and beat his defender off the bounce with ….as the Goat Raftery would say, “a little lingerie in the deck”
Fair enough. Just was pointing out that he has decent enough athletic talent to get off his own shot in the College game and didn't want that overlooked here. Either way this a great get and very happy about it. Can never have enough shooters and especially ones that can do other stuff too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom