Karaban to UConn!!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Karaban to UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Homer Simpson Laughing GIF

Reaction Score
OMG!! How do I send a thank you note to Tom Moore and what do I owe him!!

It has been a privilege to be of service. (tongue firmly in cheek)

If Sanogo, Clingan, Karaban, doesn't kick ass, I'm going to have to be man enough to own it on the Boneyard. They gave me ALL of my top targets I wanted to build around as a multi-year core to surround with athletes.

Time to celebrate UCONN IS BACK

Reaction Score
OMG!! How do I send a thank you note to Tom Moore and what do I owe him!!

It has been a privilege to be of service. (tongue firmly in cheek)

If Sanogo, Clingan, Karaban, doesn't kick ass, I'm going to have to be man enough to own it on the Boneyard. They gave me ALL of my top targets I wanted to build around as a multi-year core to surround with athletes.

Time to celebrate UCONN IS BACK
Can you pick another top target to keep it going please

Reaction Score

"UConn was the spot just because my relationship with coach Hurley and everyone was just amazing," Karaban told ESPN. "They felt like forever-type of people. The opportunity I have there, the way they want to use me, staying home and playing for a historic program was so hard for me to pass up. The style of play they want to use me in, the way they develop and get their guys to become pros, like they just did with [2021 lottery pick] James Bouknight."

Karaban considered reclassifying into 2021 and enrolling at UConn for the upcoming season, but opted to remain in 2022 and will spend his final high school season at IMG Academy (Florida).

"UConn is just one of those big-time programs," Karaban said. "I had that feeling when I was there that it felt like home. I wanted to announce it as soon as possible because it felt right throughout the whole time I was on the visit. I didn't want to waste time with other schools."

Reaction Score
You did a great job raising ur son, @HooperScooper. #priorities
I think I posted this before but if you don't know, Karaban is from our town and in middle school my son played on a team with him. He's a year behind my son (now 2 years since Karaban repeated 8th grade when he went to St. Peter-Marian in Worcester for a year). My son hasn't seen him since Karaban played as a freshman at our high school (he transferred back to town after St. Peter-Marian for a year before heading to New Hampton and was the Central Massachusetts Player of the Year as a freshman). But we've been following him since then and are happy to hear the news. Going to be interesting seeing a kid we knew well playing at UConn. I hope it works out well.

Reaction Score
Tom Moore is the most underrated assistant coach in the country. Love what he brings to the team.

I think Karaban has an immediate impact. He's a perfect Tyrese replacement with a fantastic 3 point shot. Defends hard, rebounds.

He's the kind of 4 year player than has been killing us for years. Great pickup

Reaction Score

If yall don't know, he's playing for IMG Academy next year. They're one of the best HS teams every single year.

And I really love that we're starting to prioritize a mix of super athletes AND high IQ shooters.

The way we're building the roster is fantastic. By 2022 we're going to have basically all 4* recruits on the roster. 2+ year guys that can help you win games, not just get drafted and leave. The cushion to swing for the fences on the 5* players in 2023 us being laid down here.

Reaction Score
While the struggles offensively vs good teams & esp Maryland sucked….it yielded

A definite change in recruiting, focusing on skilled players & shooters!

Love ❤️ that Hurley is willing to adapt. Go get that final piece in Starling or a transfer shooter this spring!

Reaction Score
Great great pickup! This is huge and has me excited. A shooter with decent athletic talent too. I think some here have downplayed his athletic ups. He is at least in the Niels Giffey league as far as hops and quickness with a better shot and more creative. This is great pickup and very excited with the players as a whole we are getting. Great job Dan Hurely and staff. UCONN is back,

Reaction Score

If yall don't know, he's playing for IMG Academy next year. They're one of the best HS teams every single year.

And I really love that we're starting to prioritize a mix of super athletes AND high IQ shooters.

The way we're building the roster is fantastic. By 2022 we're going to have basically all 4* recruits on the roster. 2+ year guys that can help you win games, not just get drafted and leave. The cushion to swing for the fences on the 5* players in 2023 us being laid down here.

I think a lot of our recruiting focus has changed with Luke Murray. Well put @husky429.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Welcome young yarder!!! Congrats & salute to the staff for building another exciting class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom