OT: - Kansas vs Kansas State brawl | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Kansas vs Kansas State brawl

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The commentators though....

"This is not good. This is bad, really really bad. Just terrible..."

Stating the obvious. Several times.
I think they were fine. The action happened so fast and the TV angle was from far away. That commentary drew attention to the screen.

Reaction Score
I don't know if anyone heard what Dickie V said but in this case, he is spot on, "De Sousa should not wear a college uniform again."
I agree with him there. That kid has done everything the wrong way from HS to today. If he doesn’t get kicked off of the team now, it’ll only be to keep him quiet about any wrongdoing on Kansas’ end during his recruitment.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Watched the video and 35 Azubuike, 33 McCormack, 30 Agbaji, 0 Garrett and 5 Elliot were all in the scrum. KU may not have enough players to field a team!

Reaction Score
Is it wrong that my first thought was how badly we'd lose that fight right now. Could really use a Jeff Adrien or Toraino Walker type recruit for next year.
Yeah. Our soft tiny squad wud get punked quickly. We have no enforcer

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
IMHO Self is in a corner now - he knows the NCAA and attorneys are looking at his program and now this happens. He has no option but to allow the UKansas admin hand out the strictest of penalties to all the players who either threw a punch or ran off the bench. This will handicap the Jayhawks for several games this season but for him its victories vs not coaching anymore. I really don't think the NCAA can or will get too involved except to suggest penalties.
The same goes for KSU but they were not the aggressor - they were the prey
Kansas is a rogue program and always has enrolled thugs and trouble makers - but some are/were damn good players
Couldn't happen to a more fitting program (except Duke, Cuse or UNC)

Reaction Score
I’m in the minority here I’m sure, but I don’t mind the “message” block here. That steal as time is running out is bush league. Still remember something similar when Pat Bev. Injured Russ on something like this.

that being said, the subsequent actions are disgusting

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
IMHO Self is in a corner now - he knows the NCAA and attorneys are looking at his program and now this happens. He has no option but to allow the UKansas admin hand out the strictest of penalties to all the players who either threw a punch or ran off the bench. This will handicap the Jayhawks for several games this season but for him its victories vs not coaching anymore. I really don't think the NCAA can or will get too involved except to suggest penalties.
The same goes for KSU but they were not the aggressor - they were the prey
Kansas is a rogue program and always has enrolled thugs and trouble makers - but some are/were damn good players
Couldn't happen to a more fitting program (except Duke, Cuse or UNC)

That's nonsense and you know it. I went to law school with a guy from the 1988 NC team. KU actually enrolls a lot of local suburban and small town local kids. Do they end up with a few punks? Sure. So do we. So does any team that pulls kids from difficult backgrounds. But no more than other programs.

DeSousa was pissed that they stripped the ball and tried to get a layup down 22, and blocked the shot. That was just a basketball play on both sides. The taunting was punk like but we've seen Christian Vital and others do that. Then K-State guys came after DeSousa from the court and bench. So they started the brawl. DeSousa needs to go, the chair thing was unforgivable. But it doesn't seem like he started the fight. For 3: Kansas' win over Kansas State ends in melee

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’m in the minority here I’m sure, but I don’t mind the “message” block here. That steal as time is running out is bush league. Still remember something similar when Pat Bev. Injured Russ on something like this.

that being said, the subsequent actions are disgusting

I don't mind the message block and hard landing it incurred. Stealing the ball down 20 some points is bush league.
Anyone know what the line was for the game or the over/under??? Asking for a friend who cares about back door covers and gambling.
I fall on the side of DeSousa going over the line with the taunting and standing over the KSU kid but I can handle it.
Everything else that follows was bush league by both teams including benches.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't mind the message block and hard landing it incurred. Stealing the ball down 20 some points is bush league.
Anyone know what the line was for the game or the over/under??? Asking for a friend who cares about back door covers and gambling.
I fall on the side of DeSousa going over the line with the taunting and standing over the KSU kid but I can handle it.
Everything else that follows was bush league by both teams including benches.

ESPN article has good quotes from Weber and Self.

"It should have been avoided," Kansas State coach Bruce Weber said. "It's my guys -- it's my fault. They came here wanting to have a game, compete, and we didn't compete the way we needed to, and probably a little frustration, especially the young guys."

Weber had instructed his players to back off in the closing seconds and let the game run out. While Self said he didn't agree with the steal and layup attempt, he did acknowledge that Kansas State was merely playing to the final whistle.

"Silvio knew he was being defended," Self said. "He took his ball, and certainly the way Silvio reacted to getting his ball taken, going and blocking his shot, that's fair game. What transpired after that is what set everything off."

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
That's nonsense and you know it. I went to law school with a guy from the 1988 NC team. KU actually enrolls a lot of local suburban and small town local kids. Do they end up with a few punks? Sure. So do we. So does any team that pulls kids from difficult backgrounds. But no more than other programs.

DeSousa was pissed that they stripped the ball and tried to get a layup down 22, and blocked the shot. That was just a basketball play on both sides. The taunting was punk like but we've seen Christian Vital and others do that. Then K-State guys came after DeSousa from the court and bench. So they started the brawl. DeSousa needs to go, the chair thing was unforgivable. But it doesn't seem like he started the fight. For 3: Kansas' win over Kansas State ends in melee
I think there is a lot of frustration outside of Kansas about how KU along with several other bluebloods seem to get favored status from the NCAA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom