OT: - Kansas vs Kansas State brawl | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Kansas vs Kansas State brawl

Reaction Score
Is it fair to ask for hazard pay now if I want to sit next to the bench, sidelines, or basket area? Just curious. :cool:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
When you have a giant with Size 16 feet standing over you yelling and cussing at you as you lay on the ground helpless, you get nervous. The K State guys came at him because it appeared threatening and looked aggressive. I wasn’t a troublemaker, but if that happened on the court when I was playing my reaction would have been to get the guy all over my teammate away from him. It’s just instinct and adrenaline. Keep in mind these guys are generally 18-22 years old. The testosterone out there is flowing. That’s why taunting and instigating is illegal, it invites bigger problems, especially among young men.

Nervous? No way. I bet he felt not one shred of fear for his safety.

This is basketball. Softest collection of hardos going. When's the last true basketball brawl you've seen? (hint: this doesn't qualify) How often?

He was pissed because the guy made him look like a bitch. KState came at him because he pulled a dick move. And yeah, you back up your guy, but there's better ways to go about it. Hope those suspensions were worth it.

Yes I get ego and adrenaline and all that were involved. Sweet suspension I guess

Reaction Score
I know why UConn fans hate Duke and Cuse, but why do you guys hate UNC?
We don’t hate UNC just the fact they committed academic fraud but were unpunished. Where we on the other hand were held to a retroactive interpretation of a very odd rule.
As a result we were suspended for a year from post season , suffered a wholesale desertion and even were banned from the final Old Big East Tournament
We were already being punished for the same violation by loss of scholarship.

Reaction Score
I still haven't seen the grab. But if DeSousa wanted to hold onto that chair , I don't think he would be so easily disarmed. Again, he had three attackers, one in street clothes. That is scary. At some point while being attacked by three different people, he has a real world legitimate claim of self defense outside of the basketball implications.

Oh please. He could have walked away right after the block, right after a brief stare, right after the first shove, right after the stool was taken out of his hands, but he didn't. He kept searching for that always elusive "respect".

Reaction Score
Big12 is fn hilarious with just 4 guys being suspended and McCormack just 2 games. Guess they missed him kicking a KState Guy on the ground after multiple cheap shots? Also DeSousa should never be wearing a college basketball uniform again.

Just the league protecting their own as we approach the dance. Pitiful!

Reaction Score
De Sousa was a huge jerk for the block/foul/stare down but if the entire team with guys in street clothes are coming at me I'm throwing blows. The picking up the stool was really bad but other than that I don't see the big deal.
I thought that too at first till I saw the full video. The KS kid stole the ball at the end of the game and was going for a meaningless layup. Very unsportsmanlike. De Sousa chased him down and blocked the shot, and yes stood over him as if asking him was he freakin crazy trying that dumb shiat (the taunt). Then the fun started.

Just saying the steal of the ball (think Hilton) initiated the whole thing. And De Sousa appears like someone who doesn't need much of a trigger to ignite.

I don't blame De Sousa for standing over that kid, (putting him in his place) it was a conference opponent pulling that crap. In the heat of the moment, I would have done the same thing to that KS punk.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
From what I could see on the tape, a guy in a suit, which I believe was a Kansas assistant coach, takes the chair out of De sousa's hands and you can see the surprise on the player's face when the chair is taken away. That was fortunate for him as getting into a brawl at a basketball game is one thing. Swinging a chair at someone is a criminal assault charge, which woudl have ended his career in Kansas and likely cost him millions in the NBA draft, not to mention the possibility of really hurting someone.

PS - Any one see the U Kansas male cheerleaders muscle their way in and seperate the two groups. I know a couple of the male cheerleaders at UConn back in the day and, trust me, no one wanted to mess with them. They were totally jacked.

NBA Draft? For averaqing 2.6 and 2.8? Really?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
"Who started it" doesn't matter. Each player that left their bench individually decided to join a brawl, and they should all be suspended. Same goes for those guys wearing the K State polos. I don't care if one or both teams forfeit games.

De Sousa is averaging 8 minutes, 2 points and 3 rebounds a game in his sophomore year. We all know that if De Sousa was playing 30 minutes a game and averaging 12 and 8 his suspension would be a lot shorter. Self is scape-goating a recruiting bust and will probably be kicking the kid off the team soon to "send a message" when he really is doing it because tossing De Sousa solves a bunch of problems for Self.

This "punishment" is a joke.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I thought that too at first till I saw the full video. The KS kid stole the ball at the end of the game and was going for a meaningless layup. Very unsportsmanlike. De Sousa chased him down and blocked the shot, and yes stood over him as if asking him was he freakin crazy trying that dumb shiat (the taunt). Then the fun started.

Just saying the steal of the ball (think Hilton) initiated the whole thing. And De Sousa appears like someone who doesn't need much of a trigger to ignite.

I don't blame De Sousa for standing over that kid, (putting him in his place) it was a conference opponent pulling that crap. In the heat of the moment, I would have done the same thing to that KS punk.
The high road would have been to let the kid score the basket then with the time left set up a play and run it.

Reaction Score
Big12 is fn hilarious with just 4 guys being suspended and McCormack just 2 games. Guess they missed him kicking a KState Guy on the ground after multiple cheap shots? Also DeSousa should never be wearing a college basketball uniform again.

Just the league protecting their own as we approach the dance. Pitiful!

Yancy Gates got six games and he busted a dudes eye open and swung on two others. Was the Big East protecting their own?

Reaction Score
The high road would have been to let the kid score the basket then with the time left set up a play and run it.
Yeah but I didn't know a high road existed until I was in my mid-late twenties. I think the same still holds true for kids. Especially proud jocks.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yancy Gates got six games and he busted a dudes eye open and swung on two others. Was the Big East protecting their own?

In fairness, the Big East was a man's league. The fact they didn't allow fighting a la hockey was criminal.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Yeah but I didn't know a high road existed until I was in my mid-late twenties. I think the same still holds true for kids. Especially proud jocks.
Thats why kids have coaches

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This always makes me laugh when you post this. Same thing could be written about any college team, including UConn.
Lol, I'm glad you enjoy it. I trot it out whenever anyone tries to portray Self as "Father Flanagan."

I think you are underselling Self and Kansas. The amount, severity and consistency of events are something special.

I really need to update this. It doesn't include the last decade transgressions. Maybe this weekend.

Reaction Score
Ok, break it down for us for UConn then.

UConn definitely has its share of dirt on its hands (similar in magnitude to other top programs probably) from the glory days...but Self has been next level during his run.

And when UConn got caught, we got banned from post-season play in the middle of conference realignment that significantly impacted the UConn brand's appeal to other conferences. Meanwhile in Lawrence, we're still waiting for the NCAA to do anything after being caught several times...

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And when UConn got caught, we got banned from post-season play in the middle fo confernce realignment that signficantly impacted the UConn brand's appeal to other conferences. Meanwhile in Lawrence, we're still waiting for the NCAA to actualy after being caught several times...
Got caught? You mean got caught... by a rule change, that was applied retroactively, for which we had already been punished, and in order to do so they refused to consider our current APR which would have shown we were in compliance.

That's ex post facto, double jeopardy, and maybe a little Brady violation all rolled into one.

Reaction Score

You tell me I don’t know anything about it whatsoever?

Reaction Score
Got caught? You mean got caught... by a rule change, that was applied retroactively, for which we had already been punished, and in order to do so they refused to consider our current APR which would have shown we were in compliance.

That's ex post facto, double jeopardy, and maybe a little Brady violation all rolled into one.

Brady has the tuck rule, this is Emmert's Rule...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom