Kadary Richmond Transferring | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Kadary Richmond Transferring

Reaction Score
Maybe a guard that doesn't shoot. He looks like a potential Kevin Freeman to me.

I’d give him a covid free off-season to work on his shooting before I make that statement. He has a nice stroke at the free throw line, nice release, and good height. Sometimes it just takes work. If he can get to 35-37% from three, he will tough to guard

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I knew they made the commitment edits. But when did they starting reporting on recruiting? I'm assuming because of the nature of their purpose they have good sources

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Let's go Seton Hall, but if he ends up at FSU, that will be hilarious.

Him and mills is a heck of a backcourt.

Wonder what mills thinks about his transfer now

Reaction Score
We're losing 2 players at the 2 and have 1 incoming freshman 2. We're a bit saturated at the 1, so I hope Kadary doesn't want to play point somewhere. He basically played point at Cuse.. We might be out of luck if that's the case. But he's probably most naturally a playmaking 2 at this level, and that would be an excellent addition to the roster and he would get starting minutes there for us. Cole is quite good spotting up off the ball, so it's a pretty good fit, to be hoenst.
Not sure if you've watched KR, but in the games in which I saw he would bring ability we don't have. The ball's on a string with him and he gets inside and either gets to the rim or passes off off for dunks and layups.

Not a two at this point because of his outside shot but he'll make life easier for the whole offense with his playmaking and with his length and quickness he'll be a great defender.

Reaction Score
Every other conference got rid of that rule. The Big East should follow suit.
Understand the rule - but nice guys often finish last in NCAA hoops! Now the playing field is uneven with all the other conferences allowing it. Get rid of the rule, Big East!

Reaction Score
I don’t think kadary needs to hear he’d be the unquestioned starter here I think he needs to know that if he’s the best player he will get the minutes he deserves. That’s the issue he had at Syracuse he thought he outplayed the starter but it didn’t matter. I see no reason why hurley wouldn’t give the minutes to who earns them. Great kids aren’t afraid to compete they just want it to be fair.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Imagine thinking this. Imagine enjoying a steak dinner in a house that is burning to the ground. Wild fanbase.

Everything Is Fine GIF by memecandy

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
This is the group of schools Cuse competes against now for talent. Sounds like they will land him.

Looks and feels like how the KO era ended.

A268B630-DF31-4202-A3B8-C7AC495063CA.png

Reaction Score
Was just going to say, strong 2017-18 UConn vibes coming out of Syracuse these days.
hoping for them to be 2015-2016 vibes....gives us more time to enjoy

Reaction Score
1. Kadary would be amazing. We'd go into next year guaranteed to have an actual point guard on our team. People saying he could play minutes at the 2 or 3 must never watch this kid. He's 100% point guard and having him on the court playing any position other than point guard is a complete waste of his talent. It's really hard to find actual point guards.

2. Anyone who wants Allen Griffin within 100 miles of our team is nuts. Syracuse fans would love it if he transferred to UConn, it would be a small bright spot in their complete dumpster fire.
While it would not be the only possibility, Cole and Kadary would be an easy backcourt to imagine together, as Cole can play off the ball on offense and guard the point on D, and Kadary is easily big and athletic enough to guard 2s while running the point.

If Hurley wants him, I want him. If that means someone not as good doesn't get minutes, tough friggin cookies. Enjoy your role on the team or go somewhere else.

Reaction Score
While it would not be the only possibility, Cole and Kadary would be an easy backcourt to imagine together, as Cole can play off the ball on offense and guard the point on D, and Kadary is easily big and athletic enough to guard 2s while running the point.

If Hurley wants him, I want him. If that means someone not as good doesn't get minutes, tough friggin cookies. Enjoy your role on the team or go somewhere else.

Well said. It's super weird that some people don't want to offend guys already on this team. They're big boys and know how this business works. Seems to me that barring any big changes, we're pretty often referring to Gaffney being the odd man out. I don't WANT the kid to transfer, he's a really good piece on this team and looked dominant at times. But if he's going to have this huge mental hurdle about being aggressive and playing fast, well, he's going to get recruited over.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I don't disagree, but the players not getting minutes in that scenario are likely Diggins and Gaffney, and you could see a negative narrative developing with two transfers supplanting two homegrown direct recruits.

I'm all for whatever results in the best team, and I sure like the sound of having a 6'5" starting PG; but to read in another thread that was just posted about how vaunted Diggins is seems a bit in conflict with the notion that he'd welcome having his lane clogged before he even sets foot on campus by a guy who has made clear that he wants a starting position where he can showcase his skills.

Reaction Score

As much as I love Cole, I'd rather have Gaffney there. Not that Gaffney's any better, but he'd get exposed with a bigger guard posting up on him. Gillespie would be coming back and he basically camped out in the paint against Cole.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree, but the players not getting minutes in that scenario are likely Diggins and Gaffney, and you could see a negative narrative developing with two transfers supplanting two homegrown direct recruits.

I'm all for whatever results in the best team, and I sure like the sound of having a 6'5" starting PG; but to read in another thread that was just posted about how vaunted Diggins is seems a bit in conflict with the notion that he'd welcome having his lane clogged before he even sets foot on campus by a guy who has made clear that he wants a starting position where he can showcase his skills.

Diggins/Cole and Kadary or some other guard will all get 20+ minutes if they're good enough. Diggins may not be as talented right away but he has a unique skill set that's hard to keep off the court.

Gaffney seems the odd man out right now. He seems smart and like a great guy, but if he can't overcome his mental hurdles with being aggressive and playing fast, he is going to get recruited over. If he decides to play like he did in spurts this year when he looked absolutely dominant it will be a different story. I'm not holding my breath though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom