2020 Recruiting: - Kadary Richmond reopens recruitment | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Kadary Richmond reopens recruitment

Reaction Score
And when he comes to UConn on his OV and has a good time a bunch of these will flip to us and we'll feel confident when in reality they mean next to nothing.
They are worth the info that the people picking LSU know. That could be absolutely nothing. Could also be something. We won’t know til the dust settles but if UConn was in the drivers seat they wouldn’t be picking LSU. Could things change in our favor, absolutely. And I hope they do. Hurley has him in Storrs very soon, time to bring the momentum back our way.

Reaction Score
They are worth the info that the people picking LSU know. That could be absolutely nothing. Could also be something. We won’t know til the dust settles but if UConn was in the drivers seat they wouldn’t be picking LSU. Could things change in our favor, absolutely. And I hope they do. Hurley has him in Storrs very soon, time to bring the momentum back our way.

Huh?

Reaction Score
Richmond looks like an awesome prospect in some of his videos, wow. Scores at all three levels, 6'5 point guard who can defend, dish and dribble well, also seems to have good IQ. If his outside shot continues to develop this kid may have an NBA future
He looks just as comfortable using his left hand as his right too

Reaction Score
Expect 4 ships to sail into port this recruiting season and Chief is probably ahead of the staff in his thinking. They would probably say 3. Any of the guys mentioned in these posts you take.

One difference Chief has detected between Hurley and Calhoun, is Jim would do that naturally and without hesitation. Hurley still has some HS instincts and loyalty to kids in the program regardless of talent. My thinking is he eventually gets to the right place by doing it his way, as he did with Diarra. But, with Danny it’s a thoughtful and fair process and to Jim it was an instant screw it we will do that and figure things out including hurt feelings later.

Danny still needs to get comfortable with having more guys than you have roster spots, if you have an opportunity for a talent upgrade. . He really did not have to deal with that issue at Wagner or URI. But, it is how he needs to manage things at UConn.

Chief is not saying one method is right or wrong - just a different process.
Chief is ahead of the staff in his thinking???? You are TRYING to make my head explode, aren’t you?? Wow. God bless you and the purple sky in your world. Is your real name Al Gore? You invented UConn recruiting, didn’t you??

Reaction Score
If Richmond says yes before Cam done deal. If Cardwelll does the same prior to Cliff then done deal.

Learn from Kofi do not let that happen again can potentially put you a year or 2 behind in positional recruiting. The fact they are very good players anyway makes it fairly simple.

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree wanting to wait for Cam. BUT is it worth missing out completely on Kadary? I don’t think so. It’s the Bruce Brown situation all over again. We’d grow to regret that decision if Cam ends up elsewhere. Which is more likely than not. Take the talented 6’5 combo guard

pj

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree wanting to wait for Cam. BUT is it worth missing out completely on Kadary? I don’t think so. It’s the Bruce Brown situation all over again. We’d grow to regret that decision if Cam ends up elsewhere. Which is more likely than not. Take the talented 6’5 combo guard

I agree. There's benefits to future recruiting too in letting guys know that you can lose your spot at UConn if you delay.

Reaction Score
Thomas will visit in 10 days and Hurley will get a much better read on where he stands then.

Georgetown is missing on RJ Davis and going to push for guards including Richmond. This could put a little heat on us to try to close the deal if Thomas isn’t looking likely.

Reaction Score
Chief is ahead of the staff in his thinking???? You are TRYING to make my head explode, aren’t you?? Wow. God bless you and the purple sky in your world. Is your real name Al Gore? You invented UConn recruiting, didn’t you??

Dude Chief lives rent free in your head 24/7/365, just put him on ignore if he drives you this insane.

Reaction Score
Dude Chief lives rent free in your head 24/7/365, just put him on ignore if he drives you this insane.
Wish I could, but somebody has to check the guy. Some people actually believe he has knowledge. Just tryin to keep the Boneyard real for those of us real fans that have been here since dial-up.

Reaction Score
Richmond kind of reminds me of Chris Clarke from a few years back...both in his play and how his recruitment is shaking out. Both are a Swiss army knife type of player that can play/defend the 1-3 (possibly 4 in a pinch), but will likely spend most time off the ball. Clarke was also seen as a lock here (I think I'm remembering that correctly) but I think that's one that KO understood that so he put more time into other recruits. Ended up losing out because Clarke saw us as stringing him along as plan B/C

Reaction Score
Richmond kind of reminds me of Chris Clarke from a few years back...both in his play and how his recruitment is shaking out. Both are a Swiss army knife type of player that can play/defend the 1-3 (possibly 4 in a pinch), but will likely spend most time off the ball. Clarke was also seen as a lock here (I think I'm remembering that correctly) but I think that's one that KO understood that so he put more time into other recruits. Ended up losing out because Clarke saw us as stringing him along as plan B/C

Loved Chris Clarke. His career was a strange one due to injuries and hemp. But he was really good for the Hokies when healthy. If Richmond is close pretty please?!?!

Reaction Score
Wish I could, but somebody has to check the guy. Some people actually believe he has knowledge. Just tryin to keep the Boneyard real for those of us real fans that have been here since dial-up.
No, no one has to "check" him. We are all big boys and girls and are more than capable of assigning the appropriate amount of credibility to what we read. These sophomoric pile-ons just add annoyance to a fun diversion.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Confirmed?
I forget where I saw it but it looks very real. His hope is to move on. That fits the three open scholarships for next year too.

Reaction Score
No, no one has to "check" him. We are all big boys and girls and are more than capable of assigning the appropriate amount of credibility to what we read. These sophomoric pile-ons just add annoyance to a fun diversion.
You do you and I'll do me. Feel free to ignore me if you'd like, no offense taken.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom