Just some thoughts. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Just some thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
What Wolf did was criminal and against the student code of conduct. He could have been expelled for his actions but was given another chance.

I have no issue with what happened to his scholarship but in the same breath I hope he comes back to get his degree.

Reaction Score
I'd be real curious to know if all those people who think Wolf got what he deserved would think the same if it was a starter in the same situation, or if they left the scholly unused. I don't personally mind the punishment (maybe a slight bit harsh, but you can't half pull it), but for everyone applauding it, I feel it's only b/c we got a better player out of it. JMO

Reaction Score
I'd be real curious to know if all those people who think Wolf got what he deserved would think the same if it was a starter in the same situation, or if they left the scholly unused. I don't personally mind the punishment (maybe a slight bit harsh, but you can't half pull it), but for everyone applauding it, I feel it's only b/c we got a better player out of it. JMO

A better player? I'm not a big supporter of Wolf but it seems to me we have 4 guards, 3 of which are certainly better... whereas Wolf plays a position where UConn sorely needs big bodies.

UConn has lost better players than Wolf to suspensions and such for lesser things.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
On paper Wolf would be more important to the team this coming season than Kromah. It would be his second season of getting meaningful minutes so I would expect improvement from him. Furthermore the guard position is more settled than the front court.

If this were SN and he had his scholarship revoked and unlikely to return I would cringe a lot more for the team but support the university. My guess is a lot more fans would complain than we're currently observing and there would be less support for the university. Double standards. Just a guess on my part. I get the impression that the op is more upset about UConn's chances of doing well than he is about EW's personal situation. But it isn't politically correct to appear so shallow so we include arguments to make us look less shallow. He'd have a lot more company if it were SN, RB, OC or DD imo.

Reaction Score

Count me as one who completely sides with the judgement of KO and staff or whoever made this decision and knew the specifics. And yes if it was Shabazz Napier, DeAndre Daniels, hell Kemba Walker I would side with their decision too.

You don't make exceptions for some but not others, you don't allow some to follow one set of rules and not the others, you don't compromise the integrity of the entire program and the future of the program for one bad apple. Would KO or whomever have done this if it was a star player? Well that's hopefully something we'll never have to know. But for now you must respect and believe that he didn't make this decision based upon skill level. Wolfe's scholarship was revoked because he violated some type of rule within his player contract leaving him expendable. It wasn't revoked for being completely innocent. Regardless of who the player is the staff has every right to yank a scholarship from anyone who isn't going to abide by the team rules and conduct themselves amicably.

So whats up next? Debating why Coach Calhoun pushed Wiggins out the door?

Reaction Score
True, but the responses weren't the same... They were more like - this sucks. It was harsh, as I stated, but a regular student (on scholarship) would likely get theirs pulled too... I would think that harsh too... Just a stupid drinking (just a guess drinks had been drunk) mishap.

Reaction Score
True, but the responses weren't the same... They were more like - this sucks. It was harsh, as I stated, but a regular student (on scholarship) would likely get theirs pulled too... I would think that harsh too... Just a stupid drinking (just a guess drinks had been drunk) mishap.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't consider assaulting a female "just a stupid drinking mishap."

Reaction Score
Neither do I.... If he assaulted her, I assume he'd have been jailed & the University wouldn't let him back a la Nate Miles. I misses the memo that he assaulted her.

Reaction Score
Neither do I.... If he assaulted her, I assume he'd have been jailed & the University wouldn't let him back a la Nate Miles. I misses the memo that he assaulted her.
He "grabbed the hair of the victim and pushed her head," according to a police report. "Wolf also knocked the glasses off of the victim's face with his hand. Wolf continued to remain in the apartment and was subsequently arrested by police."

Reaction Score
While we're on this topic, let's see how PC handles this situation.

"According to a police report filed April 26, sophomore forward LaDontae Henton was accused to throwing 20-year-old Kristin Smith to the ground and dragging her by the feet to and then picking her up and throwing her into his dorm room door.
Smith also accused Henton of throwing her iPhone 5 against a wall, breaking the device into two pieces. She said he threatened to throw her down the stairs and threatened to “get someone after her,” according to the report.
Henton was charged with domestic simple assault and domestic vandalism. Smith was also charged with domestic vandalism."

http://www.wpri.com//dpp/news/local...all-star-arrested-on-domestic-assault-charges

Reaction Score
While we're on this topic, let's see how PC handles this situation.

"According to a police report filed April 26, sophomore forward LaDontae Henton was accused to throwing 20-year-old Kristin Smith to the ground and dragging her by the feet to and then picking her up and throwing her into his dorm room door.
Smith also accused Henton of throwing her iPhone 5 against a wall, breaking the device into two pieces. She said he threatened to throw her down the stairs and threatened to “get someone after her,” according to the report.
Henton was charged with domestic simple assault and domestic vandalism. Smith was also charged with domestic vandalism."

http://www.wpri.com//dpp/news/local...all-star-arrested-on-domestic-assault-charges

Every case is different. Lawrence Phillips assaulting a woman by dragging by the hair is more than a little different than some of these other cases. PC has had big issues with their recruits, BIG. They dwarf anything at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom