June 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

June 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the fact that chloe briggs isnt there make me lauph cause she's the real deal , she's the best in her class , she's a little of paige buckers
No she is not! Their games are totally different. Just because Paige is the “it” player right now doesn’t mean everyone needs to be compared to her. That’s soooo unoriginal. They only have 3 things in common, female, Basketball and white.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
the fact that chloe briggs isnt there make me lauph cause she's the real deal , she's the best in her class , she's a little of paige buckers
When you are done lauphing take a minute to try and understand the invitation process.
This is U16 trials in order to be eligible a player must be a U.S. citizen born on or after January 1, 2005.
USA basketball sent out 34 Invitations for this event. U16 is the only USA age group that allows you to self nominate and pay your own way to the trials. I believe USA basketball was holding 6 additional slots for "uninvited" players. Most famous person to pay their own way to USA basketball trials was Sabrina Ionescu. My guess is that Briggs is not eligible because if she is eligible and thinks she is the real deal as you are suggesting she would be there.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Might be helpful to have some names to associate with this picture for when video starts leaking out of the trials. Please add to or correct this list:
Cori Allen 72
Olivia Anderson 73
Kamorea “KK” Arnold 74
Madison Booker
Zoe Brooks 77
Breya Cunningham 71
Jadyn Donovan
Milaysia Fulwiley 50
Jordy Griggs
Mary Ashley Groot Back row second player from left
Madisyn Jordan
Adria Lincoln
Margaret Mendelson Back Row next to Anderson 73
Jorynn Ross
Taliah Scott
Grace Slaughter
Riley Stack 87
Delaney Thomas
Judea "JuJu" Watkins 3rd Row 1st player from left
Jada Williams
Jaloni Cambridge
Justice Carlton
Kendall Dudley
Joyce Edwards back row next to Brea Cunningham (71)
Tatum Greene
Ella Hobbs
Kiyomi McMiller
Olivia Olson
Taliyah Parker
Cameron Rust 84
Chloe Spreen
Kennedy Umeh
Ava Watson 59

I don't have the roster list with numbers but I can point out the UConn-related ones.

Bottom row: Fulwiley #50, Allen #72, Parker #82, Scott #56

Middle row: Watkins first on the left, Rust #84, Olsen #81, Griggs #52, Booker #76

Top row: Groot second from the left #75, Cunningham #71, Edwards hidden #44 next to Cunningham, Stack #87, Anderson #83

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
4-page breakdown of Sania Richardson ('25):

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sounds good to me. Any impact players out there?
I think so based on the theory that WCBB has had 4 different champions since 2017 and 1 year in which a champion was not crowned but could easily have been Oregon-making it 5 different champions in 5 years. This would equal the longest stretch since 1991-96. This is the arrival of the parity some were hoping for. In a situation where there is parity it is easier to make an impact because one recruit might put a team that is on par with the others over the top.
We used that word (impact) before in the context of impact transfer which was a significant part of SC (Davis & Grey) ND (Shepard) and Baylor (Jackson) championship runs. So using that same criteria any top player landing at SC, UCONN, Stanford, Maryland? NC State? within the next 2 years has the potential to be an impact player=the player that puts that team over the top towards winning a championship. Immediate eligibility also makes it easier to impact earlier also.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
PBR crew (Jason Key, Shane Laflin, Mark Williams) talk AAU ball and the U16 trials.

Key singles out UConn POI Hannah Hidalgo for praise at 19:10.

U16 talk begins around 30:00 with Shane Laflin listing player he's heard in conversations were impressing. This was prior to the final 16 being named and his list tracts all but perfectly with those who advanced. He heard Watkins was probably the best player there. Also mentioned Edwards, Olson, Cunningham, and Booker.

Reaction Score
Watkins, Cunningham, Booker, Fulwiley, and Olsen make it.

No Edwards, Allen, Parker, Scott, Groot, Anderson, Rust, Stack, or Griggs.

Not surprised by Groot and Stack not making it. Both are good solid players but not exceptional - at least not at this point. Stack has alot of room for development ahead of her in both skills and physical development. She could turn out to be exceptional in the future. She needs to gain AAU experience rather than high school where she is seldom challenged. Mary Ashley's skills are pretty well established at this point and she has the national experience. She can contribute to a contender program but she'll probably never be a star of such a team.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Looks like there are 5 players from the class of 2024 still in contention for this team-
Ella Hobbs, Jaloni Cambridge, Kendall Dudley, Olivia Olson, & Kennedy Umeh. Among the five the main one to key an eye on is Olson.
I'm just going to put this out there: Olson has comparable skills and more mobility than Sabrina Ionescu did at this age. She can run the team as the PG, She can go off the ball and be the primary scorer. If she grows another inch or 2 (currently at 6'0") she will be a dynamic triple threat wing very much like Haley Jones is currently doing for USA basketball and Stanford.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Final team:
Fulwiley, Hobbs, Brooks, and Umeh were cut from 16.

Booker, Cunningham, Olson, and Watkins made it for UConn purposes. Also Fudd's teammate Delaney Thomas.

Fulwiley the one UConn POI cut today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99