June 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

June 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Ice Brady and her Cathedral Catholic team play Bonita Vista for the Open Division San Diego Section Championship, Saturday at 5:00 PM (Pacific). Buena Vista (24-3) and Cathedral Catholic (18-3) have met twice this season with Buena Vista winning both times. I'm sure @Sluconn Husky will have more to report after the game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
People complain when they reveal their schools, people complain when they don’t. Who cares. Azzi kept her recruitment very tight lipped until the day of. It really doesn’t matter. They’re kids, let them enjoy the moment and go about their recruitment in whichever way makes them happy.
Personally, I find it nice that she’s not revealing much and keeping it personal.
That's not entirely correct. The world first learned about Azzi because her parents revealed that she been offered by Maryland as a 7th grader. Even near the end the world learned that UCLA was a finalist from this same source. In between there was the visits (note the plural) to ND where she happened to "coincidentally" run into Skylar Diggins as she as coming around one corner of the building and Dick Vitale around another corner. There were the multiple visits to UCONN including the time Azzi was jonesing for some good ice cream and met CD and Geno at the Dairy Bar in UCONN. There was a very public campaign by Paige Bueckers to get Azzi to UCONN. Azzi Fudd's recruitment might have been the most public recruitment in the history of WCBB, it was anything but tight lipped.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's not entirely correct. The world first learned about Azzi because her parents revealed that she been offered by Maryland as a 7th grader. Even near the end the world learned that UCLA was a finalist from this same source. In between there there was the visits (note the plural) to ND where she happened to "coincidentally" run into Skylar Diggins as she as coming around one corner of the building and Dick Vitale around another corner. There were the multiple visits to UCONN including the time Azzi was jonesing for some good ice cream and met CD and Geno at the Dairy bar in UCONN. There was a very public campaign by Paige Bueckers to get Azzi to UCONN. Azzi Fudd's recruitment might have been the most public recruitment in the history of WCBB, it was anything but tight lipped.
Okay well then disregard that part. The rest of my point remains.

Reaction Score
People complain when they reveal their schools, people complain when they don’t. Who cares. Azzi kept her recruitment very tight lipped until the day of. It really doesn’t matter. They’re kids, let them enjoy the moment and go about their recruitment in whichever way makes them happy.
Personally, I find it nice that she’s not revealing much and keeping it personal.
The point isn't whether she reveals or not. You're right...it doesn't matter and I don't care. Personally, I wish the entire circus around reveals, top 3s, 5s or 10s would go away. Announce where you're going...like other college students and be done with it.

I disagree with doing whatever makes you happy...even for a "kid". My point is as much as we all know you can say whatever you want...it can at times come with unwanted consequences. And then there's how you say it. I'm suggesting, kid or not, that this be considered. If you're prepared for the potential consequences, and hopefully someone close to these recruits are there guiding them, then fine. I give this advice to all "kids", ESPECIALLY in the era of the internet. Your future employer may be watching. As GREAT as a player Candace Parker is...it certainly wasn't talent that kept her off of the Olympic team.

Reaction Score
Southeast is a pretty big territory with the SEC and ACC. I guess we can't count out UF, FSU and Miami if she (and family) wants to stay close to home and be the Big Dog in her home state.

She would have the chance to eventually be "a" star and win championships at a Louisville, NC State or South Carolina but she may be facing some benchtime early as a cog in the machine. Significant freshman benchtime at SCar is an almost certainty.

She could be "the" star and a program changer at an LSU, Tennessee, Georgia or UNC and have the chance of starting as a frosh. I'm kinda interested to see if Mulkey puts on the fullcourt press. Kim could build a contender around her in 4 years. Can't count Miss State out yet, though last season really hurt them. They would be one of my 5 guesses but for last year's collapse.

Absolute Guess and claiming no "insider knowledge":
South Carolina as the established contender if she wants to be a cog in the machine.
Georgia: Rumors she meshes well with coach and AAU program connections.
Tennessee: Rumors she follows them in the e-world. Don't know. I don't e-stalk teenagers.
Miami: closest P5 program. Could be a family favorite.
Kim, I mean LSU: shock the world choice. (Kids never shock the world)

When I say "P5 program" in reference to wbb, I really mean P5 +1 (UConn). The P-5 have football money to support a WBB Program in relative luxury and UConn's wbb program generates enough money itself to compete with those football supported programs.

I thought there was a post that not only was she happy UConn lost but SC as well

Reaction Score
The point isn't whether she reveals or not. You're right...it doesn't matter and I don't care. Personally, I wish the entire circus around reveals, top 3s, 5s or 10s would go away. Announce where you're going...like other college students and be done with it.

I disagree with doing whatever makes you happy...even for a "kid". My point is as much as we all know you can say whatever you want...it can at times come with unwanted consequences. And then there's how you say it. I'm suggesting, kid or not, that this be considered. If you're prepared for the potential consequences, and hopefully someone close to these recruits are there guiding them, then fine. I give this advice to all "kids", ESPECIALLY in the era of the internet. Your future employer may be watching. As GREAT as a player Candace Parker is...it certainly wasn't talent that kept her off of the Olympic team.
You’re missing my point. I’m saying let them do whatever makes them happy in regards to being open or private with their recruitment.

Reaction Score
You’re missing my point. I’m saying let them do whatever makes them happy in regards to being open or private with their recruitment.
We agree on that point. But my reference to being tightlipped in my original post wasn't about whether the recruit kept their choices public or private. The process goes beyond announcements and reveals. All these tweets by recruits...are ALSO part of recruitment. And that includes in a lot of cases parents. So they may keep their choices private, but these public tweets...can come back and bite.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Prospects Nation on last weekend's training camp:

Class of 2023 wing Courtney Ogden of Atlanta, Georgia, showed why she is one of the most pursued prospects in the Peach State. Her blend of size, ball handling and shot making puts her amongst some of the elite in the nation.

Reaction Score
I thought there was a post that not only was she happy UConn lost but SC as well
Maybe so. Didn't see it cause I don't do facebook. Maybe she's West Coast at heart since those two things left a PAC Championship.

Reaction Score
Maybe so. Didn't see it cause I don't do facebook. Maybe she's West Coast at heart since those two things left a PAC Championship.

I didn’t see it. I thought it was mentioned on here. Could be wrong

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
U16 trial participants. Click to enlarge.

E34zMfYWUAINL1d

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
U16 trial participants. Click to enlarge.

E34zMfYWUAINL1d
Might be helpful to have some names to associate with this picture for when video starts leaking out of the trials. Please add to or correct this list:
Cori Allen 72
Olivia Anderson 73
Kamorea “KK” Arnold 74
Madison Booker
Zoe Brooks 77
Breya Cunningham 71
Jadyn Donovan
Milaysia Fulwiley 50
Jordy Griggs
Mary Ashley Groot Back row second player from left
Madisyn Jordan
Adria Lincoln
Margaret Mendelson Back Row next to Anderson 73
Jorynn Ross
Taliah Scott
Grace Slaughter
Riley Stack 87
Delaney Thomas
Judea "JuJu" Watkins 3rd Row 1st player from left
Jada Williams
Jaloni Cambridge
Justice Carlton
Kendall Dudley
Joyce Edwards back row next to Brea Cunningham (71)
Tatum Greene
Ella Hobbs
Kiyomi McMiller
Olivia Olson
Taliyah Parker
Cameron Rust 84
Chloe Spreen
Kennedy Umeh
Ava Watson 59

Reaction Score
Might be helpful to have some names to associate with this picture for when video starts leaking out of the trials. Please add to or correct this list:
Cori Allen 72
Olivia Anderson 73
Kamorea “KK” Arnold 74
Madison Booker
Zoe Brooks 77
Breya Cunningham 71
Jadyn Donovan
Milaysia Fulwiley 50
Jordy Griggs
Madisyn Jordan
Adria Lincoln
Jorynn Ross
Taliah Scott
Grace Slaughter
Riley Stack 87
Delaney Thomas
Jada Williams
Jaloni Cambridge
Justice Carlton
Kendall Dudley
Tatum Greene
Ella Hobbs
Kiyomi McMiller
Olivia Olson
Taliyah Parker
Cameron Rust 84
Chloe Spreen
Kennedy Umeh
Ava Watson 59
7ed781fdba45276602940a5596dfef68.jpg

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Cori Allen 72
Olivia Anderson 73
Kamorea “KK” Arnold 74
Madison Booker
Zoe Brooks 77
Breya Cunningham 71
Jadyn Donovan
Milaysia Fulwiley 50
Jordy Griggs
Madisyn Jordan
Adria Lincoln
Jorynn Ross
Taliah Scott
Grace Slaughter
Riley Stack 87
Delaney Thomas
Jada Williams
Jaloni Cambridge
Justice Carlton
Kendall Dudley
Tatum Greene
Ella Hobbs
Kiyomi McMiller
Olivia Olson
Taliyah Parker
Cameron Rust 84
Chloe Spreen
Kennedy Umeh
Ava Watson 59
Thanks, I was knocking myself out trying to figure out who was who. You have given me a good base.

Reaction Score
the fact that chloe briggs isnt there make me lauph cause she's the real deal , she's the best in her class , she's a little of paige buckers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom