June 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

June 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought I read somewhere Jenica Lewis has UConn as her dream school. Long ways off but can anyone confirm?

Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Madison Booker said she had some expert advice before heading off to the Team USA trials in Indianapolis last week.

The Germantown junior guard and five-star prospect said UConn coach Geno Auriemma and Mississippi State coach Nikki McCray-Penson talked to her before the roster was set for the 2021 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team.

"He said just play like yourself," the 6-foot-1 Booker said about Auremma, who has led UConn to 11 NCAA championships and guided the U.S. to two Olympic gold medals. "That's all you've got right there. You have confidence in yourself, too. So I really took that."

Now, the Clarion Ledger Dandy Dozen is inching closer to her college decision.

In addition to Mississippi State, Booker said she has offers from Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Kentucky, Ole Miss, South Florida, Southern Miss and Tennessee among other programs. While she has talked to Auriemma, UConn has not offered her yet.

The Clarion Ledger All-State first team selection said Louisville, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Connecticut are recruiting her the hardest right now.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Madison Booker said she had some expert advice before heading off to the Team USA trials in Indianapolis last week.

The Germantown junior guard and five-star prospect said UConn coach Geno Auriemma and Mississippi State coach Nikki McCray-Penson talked to her before the roster was set for the 2021 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team.

"He said just play like yourself," the 6-foot-1 Booker said about Auremma, who has led UConn to 11 NCAA championships and guided the U.S. to two Olympic gold medals. "That's all you've got right there. You have confidence in yourself, too. So I really took that."
Now, the Clarion Ledger Dandy Dozen is inching closer to her college decision.

In addition to Mississippi State, Booker said she has offers from Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Kentucky, Ole Miss, South Florida, Southern Miss and Tennessee among other programs. While she has talked to Auriemma, UConn has not offered her yet.

The Clarion Ledger All-State first team selection said Louisville, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Connecticut are recruiting her the hardest right now.

Booker, Watkins & Kitts is my preferred order for the big guard for UCONN in class of 23. Don't thing this player will have to play much as a SF/Wing because Patterson will have that spot on lock for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't worry too much about that lack of UCONN offer for Booker-it will probably happen when she makes her way to Storrs this fall. :D Must be nice when you can pick up the phone and ask Geno for advice on USA basketball trials.

Reaction Score
Saw this on the Non-Uconn thread. Believe there were a few who were hoping she'd choose UCONN.

Reaction Score
A few. Was UConn ever really interested or was it just boneyarders? I was unable to find and real impressive footage.
I did see the Uconn made her top 12, not sure how deep the interest was though.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hmm. But did she make UConns top 12?
Not likely. This was a player that Olson of ESPN pretty much crushed in consecutive evaluations:

"the work ethic needs to match and exceed the skill level." (Olson)

"has the tools to impact at the next level and the work ethic to submit to mediocrity." (Olson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom