June 2021 Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

June 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The number one player in her class and she's from So. Carolina. There's no way Dawn has gotten involved with her, except for maybe a ball and chain.

Reaction Score

[Mia] Davis is transferring from Phoenix Xavier Prep for her upcoming junior and senior seasons to play for her father and Basketball Science girls club coach Prileu Davis, who has been hired as the DCC girls team's head coach.

The 6-foot-1 small forward Davis was on The Republic's watch list as one of 25 Player of the Year candidates before the season ended in March. She averaged 11.6 points, 4.8 rebounds, 1.9 assists and a team-high 2.8 steals last season, leading Xavier to a 13-4 record and its 6A conference state playoff semifinal appearance before losing to eventual repeat champion Surprise Valley Vista.

Davis has received interest from women's college basketball blue blood programs Stanford, Oregon and UConn.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

[Mia] Davis is transferring from Phoenix Xavier Prep for her upcoming junior and senior seasons to play for her father and Basketball Science girls club coach Prileu Davis, who has been hired as the DCC girls team's head coach.

The 6-foot-1 small forward Davis was on The Republic's watch list as one of 25 Player of the Year candidates before the season ended in March. She averaged 11.6 points, 4.8 rebounds, 1.9 assists and a team-high 2.8 steals last season, leading Xavier to a 13-4 record and its 6A conference state playoff semifinal appearance before losing to eventual repeat champion Surprise Valley Vista.

Davis has received interest from women's college basketball blue blood programs Stanford, Oregon and UConn.
The only real blue blood is UConn

Reaction Score
I have to say, Breya Cunningham is looking like a real game changer. She impresses me more every time I watch her play! Size, effort, desire to be great, good attitude, and physical dominance down low! I’ve been hoping for DelRosario, Fulwiley/Arnold, and Watkins for 22 but am beginning to lean towards Cunningham over DelRosario. Maybe both? Or perhaps, Olivia Anderson instead of DelRosario for those who are shocked at my shameless greed!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have to say, Breya Cunningham is looking like a real game changer. She impresses me more every time I watch her play! Size, effort, desire to be great, good attitude, and physical dominance down low! I’ve been hoping for DelRosario, Fulwiley/Arnold, and Watkins for 22 but am beginning to lean towards Cunningham over DelRosario. Maybe both? Or perhaps, Olivia Anderson instead of DelRosario for those who are shocked at my shameless greed!
Was going to say something similar. I really like her progression each highlight adds a new dimension. This one featured her hitting a midrange jumper and surprising quickness and athleticism at the basket. I realized that the video was slowed down when she was in the air but she was pretty crafty hanging, avoiding contact, and finishing never taking her eyes off the target.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I watched JUJU when she played in the Jr NBA and she shot the ball almost every time she got it, ala Chennedy Carter. I believe she had just finished eighth grade. She has come a long way.

Reaction Score
I watched JUJU when she played in the Jr NBA and she shot the ball almost every time she got it, ala Chennedy Carter. I believe she had just finished eighth grade. She has come a long way.
Sounds about right. I believe the age group was U14 from what I remember when it was first announced.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
who's she??? I never heard about her !!

A 2022 guard/wing from Arizona who UConn had interest in at one point and may still have had before her commitment.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As we enter the meat of the club season schedule, Premier Basketball wanted to highlight some of the must see players amongst the nation’s elite.

Kiki Rice (Fairfax Stars/Nike GEYBL) stakes claim as possibly the most complete PG in the class. Rice has all the makings of elite playmaking guard at the collegiate level.

UCONN commit Ayanna Patterson (Ohio United/Adidas) is quite possibly the best pure athlete in the class. Patterson’s burgeoning offensive skill grows incrementally each time we see her. Patterson has the ability to become a lockdown defender at both the college and professional levels.

UCONN commit Isuneh “Ice” Brady (Cal Sparks/Nike GEYBL) is the “baby bull” of the class who uses her strength to create scoring opportunities at the rim and for rebounding on the glass. Brady has a soft touch out to the pinch post and a high-end competitive motor that never stops.

Judea “Juju” Watkins (Cal Swish/Nike GEYBL) has all the answers from size to skill to athleticism. Watkins is a 3-level scorer who can put up huge scoring numbers and get buckets in waves.

Milaysia Fulwiley (FBC/Under Armour) is the top point guard in the national class. A playmaker extraordinaire, Fulwiley makes the game look easy when the ball is in her hands.

Ashlynn Shade (Indy Lady Gym Rats/Nike GEYBL) is a fiery competitor with translatable skills. Shade is a jump shot-making playmaker deluxe, who loves the thrill of competition.

Breya Cunningham (Cal Stars/Nike GEYBL) is an offensive force in the paint. Cunningham uses her elite strength and skill to punish defenders down low. Cunningham has a nice touch out to the pinch post.

Aalyah Del Rosario (New Heights/Independent) is another elite big in the class. As with most young bigs, Del Rosario is still in the development phase. At 6-foot-6 with good hands and feet, the sky is the limit for Del Rosario.

Ciera Toomey (NEPA/Independent) is the skyrocketing find of the 2023 national class thus far. At 6-foot-4 and extremely skilled, Toomey’s name is making the rounds of college coaches across the nation. Look for Toomey to rise among the national ranks as time goes on.

Joyce Edwards (FBC/Under Armour) is an impressive athlete with a blend of size and skill. Edwards’ motor really stands out as she is in constant motion on both ends of the floor.

Taliyah Parker (Banshees/Adidas) is a gifted three-level scorer who plays with high energy. Parker is aggressive on the offensive end and shows signs of being an elite perimeter defender.

Olivia Olson (Minnesota Fury/Under Armour) is a highly skilled big guard. Olson is a confident shooter and passer who makes good decisions with the ball.

Reaction Score

Oregon live article.

Oregon hosted four prep recruits for official visits this week starting on June 1. The Ducks also have had five-stars Chance Gray and Grace VanSlooten and four-star Kennedy Basham on campus. USC transfer guard Endiya Rogers also visited.

Kelly Graves and his coaching staff had set up visits throughout the first couple of weeks of June, and were hoping to make an early splash.

It didn’t take long for that strategy to pay off.

Arriving on Tuesday for an official visit, Arizona guard Jennah Isai, the nation’s No. 35 overall prospect, immediately fell in love with Eugene and committed to the staff before returning home:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69