June 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

June 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn POI Jenna Isai ('22) has committed to Oregon.

Isai said she will also be trying to bring some of her teammates with her to Eugene, most notably Breya Cunningham, the nation’s No. 4 overall prospect in the class of 2023.

“I’m trying to get some girls on my team, definitely,” Isai said. “Breya Cunningham is one, but we’re all close on the team.”

Reaction Score
Isai said she will also be trying to bring some of her teammates with her to Eugene, most notably Breya Cunningham, the nation’s No. 4 overall prospect in the class of 2023.

“I’m trying to get some girls on my team, definitely,” Isai said. “Breya Cunningham is one, but we’re all close on the team.”
Cunningham to Oregon or UCLA wouldn’t surprise me at all. Some of these kids just seem like West Coast material to me. Watkins is another.

Reaction Score
Cunningham to Oregon or UCLA wouldn’t surprise me at all. Some of these kids just seem like West Coast material to me. Watkins is another.
Say it ain’t so! I really like Cunningham and am reasonably sure she would look best in a UConn uniform!☺️ Of course, that’s just me. I will wish her well wherever she goes. I just hope it’s at UConn. If she continues her current trajectory, she is going to be a big star in women’s basketball! I like to imagine her and Ice carrying on from A. Edwards here at UConn! Three physical, highly skilled forward/posts in succession might encourage Geno to keep coaching a little longer than he had planned.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Chris Dailey following '23 PG Hannah Hidalgo from New Jersey and her AAU team.

Hidalgo is ranked #40 at ESPN and #56 at Blue Star. Think she's going to end up much higher though.

Hidalgo played at the recent Omni Classic game with Azzi Fudd and Caroline Ducharme.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Chris Dailey following '23 PG Hannah Hidalgo from New Jersey and her AAU team.
Hidalgo is ranked #40 at ESPN and #56 at Blue Star. Think she's going to end up much higher though.
Hidalgo played at the recent Omni Classic game with Azzi Fudd and Caroline Ducharme.

Queen Hannah? I like this kid a lot! On ball defense and quickness are both elite and she is competitive to the core with a great personality. In her own words: "Heart over height ". Best part of this video start at the 11:30 mark where she describes her game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Queen Hannah? I like this kid a lot! On ball defense and quickness are both elite and she is competitive to the core with a great personality. In her own words: "Heart over height ". Best part of this video start at the 11:30 mark where she describes her game.

Hard to believe she's not ranked higher at this point.

Reaction Score
man she's the real deal ..she look like paige a bith in her high school
No she doesn’t. Neither physical or playing. She plays like Pistol Pete!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
UConn made contact with Cameron Rust ('24) back in April. Now CD has started following her on Twitter.

Very nice looking shot. She doesn't look particularly quick or nimble, but she has good body control and she has some girth to go with it.

Reaction Score
Very nice looking shot. She doesn't look particularly quick or nimble, but she has good body control and she has some girth to go with it.
KML wasn’t very quick or nimble but she worked out well for UConn.

Reaction Score
To reply to some of the people above I would take quick and agile players over slower players.

Look again at the Arizona game and you can see their speed and agility destroyed us.

The same thing happened in our loss during the season to Arkansas.

It is a different game today then when KML played.

Guards need to be bigger, quick and be scorers. Fowards, Wings, and Centers also need to be big, agile and scorers.

Reaction Score
To reply to some of the people above I would take quick and agile players over slower players.

Look again at the Arizona game and you can see their speed and agility destroyed us.

Guards need to be bigger, quick and be scorers. Fowards, Wings, and Centers also need to be big, agile and scorers.
Point taken

Reaction Score

Generally I agree... However, in KML's case, she had Stewie, Mo, and Tuck to handle the attributes you talked about and a coach like Geno who could mask her deficiencies and allow her to max out her sharp shooting skill that was far and above anyone in wcbb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom