July 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

July 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
You act like the coach is a college coach getting paid millions...
he's an AAU Coach and he is getting paid to be an expert training young ladies in the fundamentals of the game. Part of that training is on running a game plan and making in stream adjustments.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

This tweet is a great example why I like Booker so much for UCONN, because you can run the entire offense through her at the high post or pinch post as Geno did with Gabby Williams. Unlike Gabby though the defense is going to have to respect her deep ball. Paired with wing shooters like Azzi and Paige the offense that offense is going to be lethal.

Reaction Score
She can play. My concerns regarding her and UCONN would be at which position and defensive foot speed. Not really sure if Juju is a 1,2or 3. While that kind of position versatility would be ideal for a UCONN recruit I have concerns about her ability to defend any of those position at the level required at UCONN. The other concern is her deep west coast roots and community involvement will keep her close to home in LA. My prediction is she ends up being UCLA first #1 recruit.
Do you mean ranked #1 recruit or first 2023 commit? I thought Jada Williams from Missouri Phenom already committed to UCLA for 2023.

Reaction Score
This tweet is a great example why I like Booker so much for UCONN, because you can run the entire offense through her at the high post or pinch post as Geno did with Gabby Williams. Unlike Gabby though the defense is going to have to respect her deep ball. Paired with wing shooters like Azzi and Paige the offense that offense is going to be lethal.
Looking past this year, I think we have players that can bring a lot to the 3 position, but Booker seems to be the one that could be versatile enough to cover all the bases. Caroline Ducharme would bring the outside shooting and probably decent passing/ball-handling, but I worry a little bit about her defense of quickness on the perimeter.

Ayanna I feel completely confident could be a lock-down defender at the 3 and a couple more positions, as well as an exceptional rebounder for that position. I don't know how she would fit in offensively there. Azzi could be great as a 3 as well, even if a little undersized and a more natural 2.

But if you assume Paige and Azzi in the backcourt, Aaliyah at the 4, and either Dorka, Amari or Ice at the 5, Booker appears to be a great overall fit at the 3, even with several very good options there already. It's still pretty early in the process, but it appears we are going after a few bigs and guards, but that Booker is the clear #1 choice among mid-sized players.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Do you mean ranked #1 recruit or first 2023 commit? I thought Jada Williams from Missouri Phenom already committed to UCLA for 2023.
Not really. It was really a two part prediction. 1st part is that Watkins will remain #1 overall in the class. and the second part is that she will end up at UCLA. I don't believe UCLA has ever had the Overall #1 in any class .

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
but I worry a little bit about her defense of quickness on the perimeter.

She can play D on the perimiter. Take it from Christyn Williams, “I was shocked a couple times that she blocked (my shot) because her arms are so long. I was like, ‘Oh, She’s going to be good.’ ”

Reaction Score
Wow, her freshman highlight video is so good. Hard to imagine that Paige was better at the same age.

Maybe the girl is as good. I hope so because wbb can use more like her. However it's what happens in the next 3 years that matter. I recollect that Rella Boothe was at or near the top of her class (according to those who do the rankings) as a HS freshman.

Reaction Score
I hope UConn offers CT or had offered her. They’ve watched her a few times.

Reaction Score

I watched that game this morning.
Brady picked up 2 quick fouls and only played about 6 minutes in the first half
She was virtually unstoppable when she got the ball down low. Whoever is guarding her has to REALLY muscle up, or they'll find themselves trying to guard Brady from under the rim.
The problem her team has is a common one. How to make a decent entry pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom