July 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

July 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ok, looking at her stats, why are we even looking??

Lavender Briggs - Women's Basketball - Florida Gators

33% 3pt, 40% 2pt More TO than assists, 63% FT.

I am guessing the argument is that defenses are all zeroed in on her but come on, give our recruiting and player development some time.

What hole does she fill? Some form of slasher? I am ok with short term transfers but she is just an entering junior.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Ok, looking at her stats, why are we even looking??

Lavender Briggs - Women's Basketball - Florida Gators

33% 3pt, 40% 2pt More TO than assists, 63% FT.

I am guessing the argument is that defenses are all zeroed in on her but come on, give our recruiting and player development some time.

What hole does she fill? Some form of slasher? I am ok with short term transfers but she is just an entering junior.

Have you seen Dorka Juhasz' OSU stats?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Have you seen Dorka Juhasz' OSU stats?

But she was filling a need in the post to bring important competition to Liv and her time period was 1 (maybe 2) years so dies not prohibit some of the younger players from getting a toehold where Briggs is a longer time commitment.

Reaction Score
Damned if I know where she would fit on this year’s UConn team. If UConn doesn’t get Class of 22 guard KiKi Rice, then there would certainly be a place for her on the 2022-23 team assuming Christyn & Evina head to the pros.
I was thinking about that too, more of a potential need in two years than this season. I looked her up at Her Hoops and she played a lot of minutes and appeared to be a volume scorer with so so efficiency. She also seemed to rebound more like a SF so at 6-1 I would consider her more of a three.

The current player that could be most impacted if she came here could be Carolyn although that could be a battle.. I would rather have Rice in 22 or Booker in 23, but if we missed out on Kiki and KK she might be a much better option than Todd.

Reaction Score
Your concerns are all warranted. Morgan and I will voice them to Geno and CD at our next coaches/recruiting meeting. I’m the meantime I need you all working on getting Rice, Cunningham, Shade , Booker, Arnold and my favorites target Toomey to verbal. Thanks for your input.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Damned if I know where she would fit on this year’s UConn team. If UConn doesn’t get Class of 22 guard KiKi Rice, then there would certainly be a place for her on the 2022-23 team assuming Christyn & Evina head to the pros.
Can only see one scenario where CW does not go, injury, and none of us want that. I may be wrong just makes -0- sense for her to stay. Seems like you also prefer a top flight recruit over a transfer as do I.

Reaction Score
Did I miss something with regard to Barker as it relates to her fitness? What makes you both believe this will be an issue for her?
I’m not sure exactly why. Maybe her body type and what I perceive as attitude from videos makes me think she will only work as hard as she wants. Now, please keep in mind that I’ve been wrong once before.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I’m not sure exactly why. Maybe her body type and what I perceive as attitude from videos makes me think she will only work as hard as she wants. Now, please keep in mind that I’ve been wrong once before.
:D Once?
I actually had not thought of the body type issue before and you may be correct. Her attitude is a different matter and while it took me a while to get there I agree with you- she will only work as hard as she wants to and not the type of player who will respond to hard coaching.

Reaction Score
:D Once?
I actually had not thought of the body type issue before and you may be correct. Her attitude is a different matter and while it took me a while to get there I agree with you- she will only work as hard as she wants to and not the type of player who will respond to hard coaching.
For her sake and her career, let’s hope I’m wrong for the second time.

Reaction Score
Did I miss something with regard to Barker as it relates to her fitness? What makes you both believe this will be an issue for her?
As with my esteemed colleague Mdoggie, for me it starts with attitude which is what initially turned me off to Ms. Boothe.

Reaction Score
I don't think that's accurate. I think it was rumored only.

Given that we are in her Top 5 . . . ok, maybe she was pulling for Louisville. Not Duke or Ole Miss.

Could’ve been. I wasn’t tryin to correlate who she was cheering for and her top 5

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nike TOC standouts:

Kamorea Arnold (2023 Midwest Elite): Kamorea Arnold continued to show why she is our top-ranked 2023 prospect out of Wisconsin. Arnold has an elite first step and has the ball on the string. Arnold looked like one of the hardest guards to stay in front of. She got to the basket with ease and showed the ability to finish through contact.

Ashlynn Shade (2023 Lady Gym Rats): Ashlynn Shade has some of the best footwork I have ever seen out of a young prospect. Shade has a solid handle and is an artist from midrange. She has excellent touch around the rim and the ability to finish through contact, making her one of the top prospects in the Nation.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New PBR video recapping recent AAU action and highlighting players who stood out.

Ciera Toomey mentioned at 12:00 and 17:45 as better than advertised.

Liv McGill praise from Laflin at 32:00.

Laflin notes Chloe Kitts at 32:25.

Key calls Chloe Kitts his breakout star of Adidas Tourney at 36:50.

Praise for Olivia Olson from Laflin at 40:55.

Laflin says Sania Richardson plays "so hard all the time" at 43:35.

All impressed with Taliah Scott at 44:30. Laflin says she can create space and score anytime she wants.

Key says Hannah Hidalgo is as "competitive as it gets" and calls her a "head-hunter" who slices through opponents at 48:00.

Breya Cunningham lauded by Key at 54:35.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blue Star evaluations from last weekend:

Joyce Edwards – 2024 – 6-2 – Forward – FBC United The Family 17 – What can you even do with a kid like this guarding you…Picking up opposing point guards and turning them the distance of the floor without batting an eye…Continues to be so dynamic…Adjusts feet on the move to shoot off the catch…Lay up drill on the run

Sania Richardson – 2025 – 5-5 – Point Guard – BTR 16 UAA – Just a playmaker against any opponent…Dialed in and balling out…Shoots the ball well…Showing some maturity beyond her years as a lead guard

Reaction Score
Knew I saw that name here somewhere recently....
I might have to move on from O. Olson though. Iowa is all over her and as a Midwest kid it looks like she's a big fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom