July 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

July 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A call from UConn women's basketball coach Geno Auriemma can leave any recruit speechless.

It didn't matter that Germantown's Madison Booker already had numerous offers from other Power 5 programs or that the 6-foot-1 wing and five-star recruit is No. 7 in the ESPN HoopGurlz 2023 rankings.

“I was very much shocked and happy," Booker said. "There was a lot of emotion, but it’s Geno. What do you expect? That’s one of the most iconic coaches for women’s basketball.”

Booker received the offer from Auriemma on Wednesday...

Auriemma told Booker that he could help her become "the best version of herself" at UConn.

“It’s going to be a hard decision now," Booker said following the wave of offers. "It’s getting harder and harder every day.”

Booker hopes to start trimming down her list of schools following her junior season.

“Now is time to start narrowing down my schools,” Booker said. “It’s overwhelming when you have a lot of coaches trying to talk to you and recruit you. I think I’m more mature now to see which school is a fit for me and which school is not."

I was hoping that the UCONN offer would make her decision easier rather than harder.

Reaction Score
I read where Janiah Barker is releasing her final 5 tomorrow.
UConn is not expected to be on it

Reaction Score
I read where Janiah Barker is releasing her final 5 tomorrow.
UConn is not expected to be on it

Yeah Janiah was rooting against Uconn on Instagram during the ncaa tournament. Def won't be in final 5.

Reaction Score
My prediction on JB. She will go somewhere and be under coached and fitness will be a problem.

Reaction Score
uconn didn't offer janiah , She's atuff player but I didn't like her attitude .... she's going to SC Im shore

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
My prediction on JB. She will go somewhere and be under coached and fitness will be a problem.
my prediction is she goes to UGA where Joni Taylor gets a top 5 recruiting class and leads them to Final Four.

Lady Vols and Florida State are also in play

Reaction Score
she's going to SC Im shore Btw good luck to her, but I care just about kk rice/ bransford and tayanna tudd hope we could get the 3❤️

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, another BY’er just posted that Morgan Valley has recently started following 6’1” sophomore Florida transfer Lavender Briggs.

Briggs started all 18 games she played in for FL at guard, before a foot injury ended her season. She led the Gators in scoring at 19.5 ppg.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score

Wow, one of the posters on VolNation was saying she is an Ole Miss lean and I didn't believe it. Still think it's UGA

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, another BY’er just posted that Morgan Valley has recently started following 6’1” sophomore Florida transfer Lavender Briggs.

Briggs started all 18 games she played in for FL at guard, before a foot injury ended her season. She led the Gators in scoring at 19.5 ppg.
Briggs can certainly play. Where would you shoehorn her in the UConn lineup though ?

Reaction Score

Hearing it could be a Baylor lean, but who knows.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Briggs can certainly play. Where would you shoehorn her in the UConn lineup though ?
Damned if I know where she would fit on this year’s UConn team. If UConn doesn’t get Class of 22 guard KiKi Rice, then there would certainly be a place for her on the 2022-23 team assuming Christyn & Evina head to the pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom