July 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

July 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Dillon, I always appreciate your insight into the general tenor in South Bend. Unlike some here on the BY, I don’t want to see the Irish fade into obscurity. The UConn-ND rivalry was good for WBB, and hopefully will be again.

I'm hoping so, too.
After a tough year on virtually all fronts (save Maddy Westbeld), I think Niele is pretty satisfied to work with the 10 players she's got on the roster this year, from Westbeld, Sonia Citron and Olivia Miles to Sam Brunelle (who has worked her way back from injuries and into fighting condition) and Anaya Peoples. The key factor will be how much 6'5" Nat Marshall and 6'3" Maya Dodson can hold the middle and release Westbeld and Brunelle to do what they do best --- score.
I'm not getting too high or too low, but will be looking for how the program progresses from Year 1.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Dillon, I always appreciate your insight into the general tenor in South Bend. Unlike some here on the BY, I don’t want to see the Irish fade into obscurity. The UConn-ND rivalry was good for WBB, and hopefully will be again.
Good for UConn , maybe.:p;)

Reaction Score

98​
NoneG6-0Parkway H.S. (LA)
4​
Breya Cunningham
98​
NoneP6-4La Jolla Country Day School (CA)
5​
Ashlynn Shade
98​
NoneG5-9Noblesville H.S. (IN)
6​
Kamorea Arnold
97​
NonePG5-6Germantown H.S. (WI)
7​
Madison Booker

The top one must be Mikaylah Williams ranked #3 by ESPN.... Pretty good "Cross Country" score at nationals [25 - add the rankings and lowest score wins....], and Madison Booker is 97 None W 6-1 Germantown MS [vice Wisconsin]

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New KK Arnold article:

Germantown High School Head Basketball Coach Matt Stuve said while Arnold has been blessed with significant physical gifts, she has never taken that for granted.

"I don't think I've ever seen her walk into the gym without a smile on her face," he said. "That's huge. Obviously, everyone recognizes her talent and ability, but kids generally love playing with her. I honestly believe she could be the 14th kid on our team and kids would enjoy playing with her just as much."

Stuve also points to Arnold's work ethic and determination to be a unifying force.

"She's always positive, upbeat, enjoyable to be around and really brings out the best in people," he said. "When you combine the talent with the kind of teammate she is, it just makes for a special experience. She's always worked hard to continue to improve and grow as a player. But she's also a humble kid and that's just awesome to see."

Reaction Score

I really like this kid and Shade. Obviously GA realizes he may not get both in the same ‘23 class but he may be willing to take both without fear of having too many guards if he already knows he’s not getting any in the ‘22 class. IMO, both are better than Bransford and very comparable to Rice.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I am pretty sure that all of these "offers" have a significant asterisk attached to them -- something like, "UConn is looking for a certain number of guards (1 or 2) in the 2023 class, so as soon as we get that number of commitments, we will pull the other offers."

That would be the only sensible way for UConn to do business, and it also gives a player who knows that she wants to come to Storrs a big incentive to commit as early as possible.

Reaction Score
Good Lord, the versatility of a UCONN front line forwards that includes Edwards, Brady, Patterson, Toomey and Booker would be HEAVENLY!
The Blues Brothers Church GIF
I like Toomey but would prefer Cunningham, Shade, and Fulwiley/Arnold! (Either one would be fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom