July 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

July 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I am pretty sure that all of these "offers" have a significant asterisk attached to them -- something like, "UConn is looking for a certain number of guards (1 or 2) in the 2023 class, so as soon as we get that number of commitments, we will pull the other offers."That would be the only sensible way for UConn to do business, and it also gives a player who knows that she wants to come to Storrs a big incentive to commit as early as possible.
I'd have to disagree with most of this because it sounds too much like how everyone else goes about recruiting AKA-not the UCONN way. First and foremost Geno and the staff are not locking these kids into positions before they make offers. An example of that is Geno recently telling Saylor they will figure out her position when she gets to campus. If there is quality at a particular position in a class, UCONN is never afraid to make multiple offers and bring in seemingly duplicative players irrespective of the projected college position. These concepts of pulling an offer and first come first serve are not in keeping with the way UCONN has approached recruiting and would amount to drastic recent changes. I somewhat agree with @DaBball that this many "public" announcements of UCONN offers is a new trend. Offers at multiple positions though Eg. (Shade, Arnold) I believe to be a reflection of guard depth in this class.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd have to disagree with most of this because it sounds too much like how everyone else goes about recruiting AKA-not the UCONN way. First and foremost Geno and the staff are not locking these kids into positions before they make offers. An example of that is Geno recently telling Saylor they will figure out her position when she gets to campus. If there is quality at a particular position in a class UCONN is never afraid to make multiple offers and bring in seemingly duplicative players irrespective of the projected college position. These concepts of pulling an offer and first come first serve are not in keeping with the way UCONN has approached recruiting and would amount to drastic recent changes. I somewhat agree with @DaBball that this many "public" announcements of UCONN offers is a new trend. Offers at multiple positions though Eg. (Shade, Arnold) I believe to be a reflection of guard depth in this class.
Well, it does at least let us know who does and doesn't have one for bookkeeping purposes. Helps with the process of elimination. ;)

Reaction Score
I think Rice will sign with UConn she follows and likes many of UConn players pics on IG
To be fair she follows many different basketball players on different teams and follows head coaches of other schools. I think that just goes with the territory of being a high level player, you just end up knowing and being friendly with other elite players.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
JUNIORS: Isuneh “Ice” Brady
(Cathedral Catholic, San Diego) 6-4 C

This fairly clear cut winner of the Cal-Hi Sports State Freshman of the Year and State Sophomore of the Years honors got a real run from UCLA-committed Londynn Jones of top-ranked Corona Centennial, and also from Orangewood Academy star Hannah Stiles.

However, with the formula we use at Cal-Hi Sports for determining how to decide individual player honors, Brady makes it a trifecta.

Who recruits you is not a factor in the Cal-Hi Sports criteria, but there is a reason Brady, a 6-foot-3 post player who is the ESPNW No. 2 ranked center and No. 5 overall player from the Class of 2022, was offered by and verbally committed to Connecticut.

Brady only had one 30-point game, a 31-point effort with 18 rebounds in a rout of San Diego Scripps Ranch, but consistency is her game and her strength, and the reason UConn wanted her combined with her size and solid frame.

Reaction Score
To be fair she follows many different basketball players on different teams and follows head coaches of other schools. I think that just goes with the territory of being a high level player, you just end up knowing and being friendly with other elite players.
I hope she's gonna be a huskies but she posted one they smth about Maryland.'

Reaction Score
Hannah Hidalgo has recently added offers from Clemson, Arizona, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Harvard, Maryland, Florida State, and North Carolina.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A call from UConn women's basketball coach Geno Auriemma can leave any recruit speechless.

It didn't matter that Germantown's Madison Booker already had numerous offers from other Power 5 programs or that the 6-foot-1 wing and five-star recruit is No. 7 in the ESPN HoopGurlz 2023 rankings.

“I was very much shocked and happy," Booker said. "There was a lot of emotion, but it’s Geno. What do you expect? That’s one of the most iconic coaches for women’s basketball.”

Booker received the offer from Auriemma on Wednesday...

Auriemma told Booker that he could help her become "the best version of herself" at UConn.

“It’s going to be a hard decision now," Booker said following the wave of offers. "It’s getting harder and harder every day.”

Booker hopes to start trimming down her list of schools following her junior season.

“Now is time to start narrowing down my schools,” Booker said. “It’s overwhelming when you have a lot of coaches trying to talk to you and recruit you. I think I’m more mature now to see which school is a fit for me and which school is not."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom